Purchases failing on Xbox (Workaround included)

Platform, device version and operating system:
Xbox One
Screenshot or image:
n/a
What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
After initiating the purchase in-game, the Microsoft store screen pops up; the one that shows the payment method, and has the options “buy” and “cancel.” When “buy” is selected, I expect the payment to be completed, but the payment fails to go through. No error, just returns to the game. This issue seems to be specific to Gems of War, and began on the same day that the last update came through.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Happens every time an in-game purchase is attempted and began on the day that 4.5 was released. Again, this issue is not happening in other games, and anything available for purchase in the Microsoft store, outside of the game, processes correctly. This issue affects in-game purchases only (flash sales, ring of wonder, etc).

Steps to make it happen again
Try to make an “in-app” purchase on the Xbox.

WORKAROUND

When presented with options to “buy” or “cancel” go to the screen that will let you change your payment option. Select the same payment option as usual, and it will return to the buy/cancel screen. Selecting “buy” after confirming the payment method will process the payment and deliver the item.

While I realize that this is a technical issue that may be up to Microsoft to fix, or require another update to correct, I’m sharing this as a bug because it isn’t affecting my other games, and I wanted to get the workaround that I discovered out to other players.