Previous Banner Selection Displays as Selected

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam, Windows 7 x64

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Choose a team, select a Banner for it.
Choose another team, edit it, switch to Banners tab, select a different banner.
As I scroll through the list, both before and after selecting the new banner, the banner from the previous team’s banner selection is displayed as selected (as shown in the screenshot).

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Started with v4.0. Happens quite a lot, but I can’t really nail it down precisely. Some of Tacet’s videos show this behaviour, though he hasn’t really recognised it as a bug yet.

Steps to make it happen again
Not entirely sure if you need to have to select the banner for the previous team in the same session, but you at least need to have used a different team in that session.

Sorry, can you please provide some more detailed steps to reproduce this? I couldn’t replicate the issue when I tried and I’m not sure if what I am trying is exactly as you intend it.

This is exactly what I did:

1. Open Explore for Bright Forest, select Edit Teams beneath a team
  2. In the Troops & Teams menu, select Banners
  3. Change the banner to something else
  4. Select team title and change to a different team
  5. Notice the other team’s banner is the correct one for the new team selected and not the previously selected team

Thank you :pray: I managed to reproduce it once but can’t work out what I did so some detailed, exact steps would be helpful

This appears to be a way to reproduce this behavior. It may not be the minimal path, but it does seem to work for me.

1. Replace top troop in Team #1.
  2. Select new banner for Team #1, that is not the same as Team #4’s banner.
  3. Play a PVP match (I used Team #2 for the match)
  4. Go back to Troops menu. Note that banner of Team #1 shows as selected even if no team is selected.
  5. Replace top troop in Team #4.
  6. Select new banner for Team #4, that is not the same as Team #1’s banner.
  7. Play a PVP match (again, I used Team #2).
  8. Go back to Troops menu. Note that banner of both Team #1 and Team #4 show as selected even if no team is selected.
  9. Return to step 1.

It may be the case that the order of steps 1 and 2 does not matter (likewise steps 5 and 6). I accidentally did them in reverse order just now and got the same outcome.

Thanks, Grundulum.

While this has been happening to me a lot, it’s not clear to me what all the factors are. Editing the troops in the first team may well be the key.

And now the $10,000 question: does that set of steps work for someone other than me?

OK, let me try this.

1. Start game. (Collect tribute.)
  2. Open Forest of Thorns Explore (current team is my Sun Bird farming team – no. 5 in my team list).
  3. Edit Team, view banners (Blighted Lands is correctly shown), go back.
  4. Edit Team, switch to team no. team 8 (also set to Blighted Lands), replace second troop, change banner to Bright Forest, go back.
  5. Edit Team, view banner – no bug.
  6. Exit kingdom, bring up Troop Menu from map, select Banners tab.
  7. Bug is immediately evident: Blackhawk banner is shown as selected (ticked) before I’ve even chosen a team to edit.
  8. Select the first team (which uses Blighted Lands banner). Both Blackhawk and Blighted Lands banners are shown as selected in the right-hand pane.
  9. Randomly select another team and view banner – no bug.

Note that Blackhawk banner is set only for teams no. 9 and 25 (Brown GW Defence team).

As a trouble-shooter, I suggest that this could be connected to the new team reordering function (which we’re all very thankful for!) or to the Guild Wars issue I was having.

Hope that helps a bit. Let me know if you’d like a video, or if you’d like me to duplicate a set of your steps to see if the problem is peculiar to my installation (and many others’, but still).

Bizarrely, I was editing Team 8 again, from Suncrest Explore, and the selected bug-selected banner was Leonis Empire. My only team to have this selected is team 27, and I haven’t otherwise selected this banner for any team during this play session.

Pretty sure this bug started the day 4.0 came out, in case that helps.

Can almost be seen as a feature, since it’s sometimes helpful to see what the prior banner was. Could be confusing though, and doesn’t look professional to have so many small bugs in the game.

1 Like

A video is always fantastic! I’ll make a report for QA in the mean time, thank you for clarifying :slight_smile: