Pray for Las Vegas

It’s called having faith @Chocky. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

4 Likes

I am a devout atheist and i have no problem with someone praying for the victims in las vegas.

What i do have a problem with is the ignorance displayed in @Chocky’s posts

3 Likes

This strange. What ignorance you speak of ? The only ignorance I see is people think pray actually do something. Blind faith, that is true ignorance.

Religious intolerance is ignorant plain and simple and if you continue i will report you

2 Likes

As the person who asked for prayers, I feel I must respond.
You are of course entitled to your opinions, however, I humbly request that you remove them from this thread as the purpose of this thread is to express empathy for those going through a horrific experience.

As for your claims, I will simply quote myself from above and offer you the same opportunity:

4 Likes

Tonight, during my evening prayer, I will humbly ask the Almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster for love and support. Tragic how souls can be so misguided to think killing innocent people is the way to go…

2 Likes

Praying is not the same as asking for something to happen, it serves as reflection over an event or situation. Which is something a lot of people need to do more often, instead of being in a hurry all the time.

People need 3 things to be happy:

-freedom (of choice, thinking, speaking)
-friends (people to share life with)
-time (to think about whatever worries them)

The third one is often overlooked. Some call it praying, others just relaxing or spacing out on their own thoughts. It’s rather important for people to do it.

2 Likes

Whenever a tragic, senseless act like this takes place and gets coverage in the news, there are two clips I see posted on a number of forums, without fail.

The first is this:

And the second is this:

It’s doubtful that the greater media is ever going to follow the advice laid out in the first, but I think the public can try to follow the advice in the second. It can sound callous and uncaring to say that thoughts and prayers don’t achieve anything, but as public figures have iterated on this occasion, we need actions now, not merely reflection.

Senseless loss of life like this on any scale is truly tragic.

2 Likes