Potions spoil the strategy in the GW battle

I love playing the gw…a strong player you can see from his scores from his team that he uses for battles, from his strategies…but these potions makes all this useless.Please at least for the gw remove this havoc. :confused: :confused: :confused:

6 Likes

Well it’s better than lycanthropy gems but I agree - would be better not to have heroic gems appearing in GW generally

8 Likes

I just wish we can turn this gimmick off.

3 Likes

While I can understand the scare, the results show not much difference compared to before. Numbers haven’t changed any drastically.

1 Like

there is no scare. There is perplexity where the only part of the game where you could use your brain, is compromised by chance and luck. I have several very strong guildmates who have lost games for this novelty.

3 Likes

I understand, and I feel bad for them too. But this game is indeed built around luck and there are always losses here and there due to unfortunate gem drops and starting boards. I just want to say this new feature did not seem to have added to the losses in a glaring manner.

6 Likes

Empowered color converters spoil the strategy far more than potions.

3 Likes

Everyone faces it. Strong players are still strong after the potions were added. At least on Xbox the top 4 guilds were still top 4 like 2 years. Only the order changes from time to time. What starting board you get is luck but what you do with it is the skill. Potions are random but so is what Siren does. Potions can make you lose but can also make you win. Same as siren

4 Likes

Hi Rojo, first of all I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your yellow defense team, this is the first time I have copied a defensive team after 5 years of playing … :))) then I try to apologize if I do I am wrong in English but everything I write is translated … I would like to ask you a question. Was Gw more manageable when there were no lycanthropy potions and gems or now that there are? manageable and logic first. I made 30 victories, but I lost so many troops that before I didn’t lose. I prefer logic and strategy than luck and chance.

2 Likes

Yeah, basically this. GoW isn’t really about “being good,” or even “becoming strong” (up to a certain point). Once most of your troops are ascended, the bonus stats you can gain through kingdoms and delves and such really don’t affect how well you perform very much. It’s one of the charms of the game, imo - there is no vast difference between players who can afford to spend large amounts of time/money on this game and your average player, aside from completionist goals which don’t make a large gameplay impact.

GoW battes are about team building and RNG far more than they are about skill or stats. Potion gems are just another form of the RNG GoW has always had.

As a side-note, it would be cool to see more gamemodes where skill is required - similarly to how Arena is heavily reliant on team-building (despite its numerous major flaws, it is certainly a very different kind of gamemode than all others, which is something I’d love to see more of in the future).

Currently, TH is the closest gamemode we have to requiring true skill/thought, but it is also extremely reliant on RNG, and it’s rewards aren’t worth the effort.

1 Like

The whole game is RNG. If they ever turn guild wars into the nonsense that is arena I will submit my 2 week notice. That is awful and I won’t subject myself to it no matter what the rewards.

Yes it is a little more random but as long as everyone else gets it too I’m ok with it. Back in the day I went 33 days without a Wars loss and that got kind of boring because it was so easy. The only way I would ever lose paragon is points. There are some really good players at this game even with the potions and the other stuff. They complain yes but still win. I’m not say I love it but I’m not letting it bother me too much. We and you are still winning :grinning:

2 Likes