Poll: Pirate Market (for the Pirate Kingdom)

Ok, so I like the idea but not the numbers as has been mentioned above so I wont rehash in my post.

BUT, I do have a few points/suggestions I would like to make.

1. Black Markets are more interested in MAKING money not giving it away. Remove the sale option completely and its still great idea.

2. Keep the sell option but only offer to buy them for gold. No way would the black market buy from us losers with GEMS!!

3. Cut the sell cost in half and remove a zero! 5,000 gold for a minor. You can sell them for 250 gold. That is closer to how a Black Market would actually operate anywayā€¦ :wink:

Still LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!

2 Likes

anything that lets me use my useless (ok not useless but not worth my time) maps would be incredible.

So I can get 3 major traitstones instead of 1? :frowning: yayā€¦?

Iā€™d rather pay the treasure maps to turn the major traitstone drop OFF for the specific kingdomā€™s explore for specific time (be it X maps for 1 hour of that effect, or X map(s) each fight - either works for me).

Since the idea to use major stones for 2nd/3rd traits INSTEAD of minors was dismissed, even I have more major traitstones than Iā€™d need to trait every single card (and have a 3-4 digit amounts left), and Iā€™m a causal. Iā€™d gladly trade them 20 : 1 runic, but since thatā€™s impossible - Iā€™d gladly pay to NOT GET THEM ANYMORE.

e/ donā€™t get me wrong - I like the idea of paying for higher drops too, but that seems pointless to me without the way to remove the most useless drops (and I donā€™t mean ā€œpay enough and get arcanes onlyā€, just get rid of the major ones qq)

Wow thatā€™s a great idea. But I havenā€™t seen this floating around anywhere on the forums. I hope devs have seen it. Is there a specific post where this idea has been shared? If not someone should make it and tag the devs :stuck_out_tongue:

With that said I like the idea of a black market. The numbers would have to be tweaked majorly, though to avoid exploitation. It should be very pricy to be used as a last resort and sort of a back up plan for those with horrible luck.

I would like to see some something from the Pirate Kingdom. However after reading this thread I want to add, I really find it disturbing how much of the thread is spent looking out for the players that have everything and donā€™t need anything, instead of figuring out how to make it more enjoyable for those that are just starting out today for example (who wonā€™t have the 4 Horsemen, or the Imps, or Queen Mab, or whatnot super traited uber Mythic)

Traitstones are the slowest thing around to acquire even with maps, and chests because every card needs a significant special number to trait. More so, I have armor that doesnā€™t compile together to create more --that I would love to sell offā€¦or extra troops I really have no desire to own (slave market :wink: ) .

Btw, when will Ninjas be considered a new troop or even kingdom (I want Racoon Ninjas) :heart_eyes:

I believe people would be spending very much of their money to buy traitstones, so this would rather cripple guild contribution.

One thing Iā€™d like to add: Getting traitstones too easily will make you ā€˜completeā€™ the game in a few weeks. Then what? After getting almost all kingdoms to 5 stars, I lost interest in the game. And it got worse when I had finally upped all troops to their max level. Now if I was allowed to buy missing traitstones, Iā€™d be done with the game in a monthā€¦ no reason to keep playing then. Enjoy the hunt =)

1 Like

Counter-argument:
Tacet. Seriously, Tacet.

maybe this one?

I donā€™t see the purpose for rage quitting a map. If Iā€™m doing treasure maps I want to see it out to its full potentialā€¦ not quit halfway through.

That doesnā€™t have anything to do with using maps on explore, that I noticed (admittedly I didnā€™t read through any comments, just the first post). That I would be interested in. And it would fit lore wise since youā€™d be using a treasure map while exploring the kingdom to find goodies (such as bonus traitstones). It would also drain away your maps quickly as a resource and make it more valuable if you need traitstones.

I would like an option to pay some amount of gems to cut a traitstone into 2 lesser traitstones. Like 1 Celestial to 2 Arcanes, 1 Arcane down to 2 Runics, 1 Runic down to 2 Majors, 1 Major down to 2 Minor.

If a shop of that type were to open, Iā€™d suggest a new form of currency: Doubloons.

You can sell any existing currency (maps, stones, gold, gems, glory, maybe souls) for Doubloons. The Doubloons, and only Doubloons, can be used to purchase some types of currency. I would suggest never giving the ability to purchase gems with them.

This allows the devs to fine tune the exchange rates on the fly while mitigating impact in other areas. Could even make the exchange rates variable. Maybe a global supply and demand situation, the more a resource is sold the fewer Doubloons it is worth. For example, image a map can be sold for 5 Ds or bought for 10 Ds. Players rush to sell and after 10000 (gamewide) are sold it goes to 4 and 8. After 20000 sold it goes to 3 and 6. Eventually it bottoms out at selling a map for 1 Ds and you can buy for 2 Ds. Conversely, everybody starts buying red minor traitstones, so the price of those goes up and up, and stays there until more get sold back. But at that point people that like doing maps can sell a few reds for a bunch, buy maps cheap, do maps, sell the stones, repeatā€¦

1 Like

A cunning plan.

Iā€™d like to hear from the devs on all suggestions just to see where they are with these ideas.

@Sirrian @Nimhain ?

2 main issues that need to be resolved (resource wise) major traitstones and maps.

OP, as you know, the bottlenecks are purposefully there to create reasons for real purchases. Removing them via a conversion shop is unlikely unless new resource types come too or there are strict limitations put on frequency etc.

People are getting caught up on the numbers you suggested, probably to prove that they can count, but they should be voting on the principle. I think it would be great but devs want those dollars.

Also, the idea of using maps in explore mode has the same issue every other idea for maps hasā€¦ increased resources earned for the same time input. Personally, I think thats fine but most generally dont like to ā€˜break the economyā€™.

The best use of maps would be to use them as a common currency for all mini gamesā€¦ and to create more interesting mini games. Although, if that does happen then a new resource is likely (for money making purposes).

i would only accept trading minigame tokens to other minigames tokens.

• trading traitstones - no, too risky to disbalance the economy

• selling minigame tokens for gems/gold/glory - no, i think thats also too risky for game $ economy, and minigame tokens are too easy to get to make it fair

1 Like

how do you feel about spending glory to get maps?

to me thats a bonus option i totally do not need. i wouldnt miss it if they removed it from the shop :joy:

honestly most of game resources we just got to farm, each separatelly, why make maps special and tradable to another resource directly? make a ā€˜map chestā€™ (12 maps for one gold-like chest or something) - that will be fair. not a direct trade.

i dont think this gacha based game need to disrupt the gacha system :slight_smile:

I would miss them a bit, especially if we get a turn counter and an easy out to collect rewards. The reason for this is, even tough it is a challenge, you can do map-cycling. Use a map to get glory, spend the glory to get a map. The problem with this is that you need to be rather good at maps to do it efficiently.The ā€œrage quit the mapā€ is easy to implement, and lowers the bar of entry to do map-cycling. That is why i asked about spending glory on maps.

i see. well i do not think map cycling would be ever time efficient unless you specifically aim, dunno, gems?
certainly neither glory- nor gold-efficientā€¦