Please close this derailed thread

@WyomingPixel @Asuna_Scarlette

Can I just make one suggestion? Your group has posted about 15-20 guild recruitment threads in the last few months. Some are clearly recruitment and others are like this one that seem like recruitment but also might be something else. I think it would be helpful, and consistent with what other guilds do, if you could make one recruiting thread that contains a description of your guild, lists whatever requirements/expectations that you have or don’t have and provides contact information.

Having an established thread that endures for a period of time and shows you interacting positively with potential recruits communicates a certain level of commitment and consistency that can make your guild more attractive. The original poster can update the original post as requirements or circumstances change.

This thread is probably now tainted for that purpose, but you have plenty of other ones that you could focus on.

9 Likes

I can tell you what the purpose WASN’T . It WASN’T a venue for you old timer guilds to come and attack my recruiter. It WASN’T a medium for you to come fishing for information. If you aren’t looking for a guild then why are you on this thread other than to attempt to tear someone else down?

Thanks for keeping count for me.

1 Like

If my posts were seen as inflammatory I apologize. I want to see guilds succeed :slight_smile:

Based on the tone of the OP, this didn’t seem to be the case, which is why I tried offering some suggestions.

5 Likes

You’ve had at least 4 people try to genuinely give you some tips & advice because this thread wasn’t presented as a recruitment thread. It started as a gripe session about your members not contributing enough so you had spots available to fill because you were going to kick them. All 4 of us were genuinely curious & trying to understand the philosophy of how you can require things from members and claim “no reqs” in the same sentence.

Your recruiter posted in a public forum - that’s why we replied & offered to help. We all got testy because of snide retorts like this:

rather than think on some advice from some “old timer guilds”. You don’t have to take it but being an old timer guild usually means they’ve been around the block and have something useful to offer so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.

Sorry to try to help and good luck to you guys.

4 Likes

Thank you all for your interest. If you send your GT and invite code we can go ahead and start the process of getting you settled into 1 of our fabulous guilds.

1 Like

sniffs the air

Smells a lot like, trolling.
If OP’s sarcastic seeming responses are anything to go by.

Either way, this drama llama is mildly amusing.

2 Likes

I read through your entire post. One thing I want to point out is you said you have no requirements, yet you express the urge to replace people you feel don’t do “enough”.

Now, that makes no sense to me. If you have no requirements, then you shouldn’t complain if your guild members aren’t doing “enough”.

You need to advertise what you actually want. If you want every member to do max (1,500) seals every week, then say so. If you want 100 trophies from every member, every week, then say so. If you want every member to participate in every Guild event, then say so.

You can’t say you have no requirements and then complain and/or kick people when they don’t do “enough”. It’s not fair and it’s not right. You are being contradictory as well as confusing.

I don’t say this to be a jerk, I’m just trying to be helpful and give you guys some food for thought

5 Likes

Let me do my best to clear up people’s assumptions.
Reqs are typically finite numbers dictated by a GM for specific purposes and those arbitrary numbers are how players are valued.
Hypothetical scenario #1
Level 10 needs a guild. No guild will even pay him any attention. 2 weeks later this player is approaching level 200. Still doesnt contribute gold. Still doesnt max seals. Still low on a trophy count. But this player gives 100% everyday and in time will become one of the games best.
Hypothetical scenario #2
Level 1k+ claims to be active daily player. Joins and in first week contributes 500k gold max seals and 100 trophies but did not do the event so the guild lost out on a valuable reward. Next week contributes 500k max seals and 100 trophies bit doesn’t do the event. This person does not give 100% and does not care about guildmates.
Hypothetical scenario #3
The weekend Warrior. Does nothing but dailies all week long. On the weekend finishes Guild event, claims seals, contributes 300k gold and 200 trophies.
Which player (s) will not be welcome?
Player from scenario #2

1 Like

That’s quite helpful. I think if you were just to switch from saying “no requirements” to “flexible requirements” (or something along those lines), it would go a long way toward eliminating the perceived contradictions in your guild advertising. After all this back and forth, It seems clear that you just want people to connect with you so that you can take the time to figure out if it is a good fit or not and aren’t looking for a “one size fits all” approach.

The phrase “no requirements” can send a particular signal that I don’t think is what you are looking for. That might be described as player #4 - someone who likes the game but due to other interests, work travel, health reasons or whatever, plays sporadically, sometimes going weeks without even logging in, but might have bursts where they are very active and donate a lot. It could also be player #5 - someone who likes the game but just doesn’t spend a lot of time playing and will pop on for 20 minutes a few times a week to kill some time and have some fun. You don’t want these players either, but they are exactly the kind of person who might look for a “no requirements” guild.

1 Like

@Stan that is probably the most positive valuable thing said in all the responses. Thank you for helping me bring this perspective in.

2 Likes

In a Guild listing “no requirements”, even the Player from your #2 scenario should still be welcome. Because you have no requirements and that player is still doing something which is more than nothing. When there are no requirements, this should be fine as they are not doing anything wrong.

If you want certain things, you need to ask for them. I, basically, said that in my last comment. If you want someone to play Guild events, state that in your post. Same with gold donated or trophies or whatever. You can’t expect someone to do a certain “standard”, if you do not state what that standard is and if you do not enforce it.

That’s why clear communication is needed. For example, I’m in a Guild where the only requirement is max seals every week. So, do your seals and you’re good. If you donate 1 million gold, great. If you can only spare 100K, fine. If you PvP like crazy and do 700 trophies a week, awesome. If you only do 70, that’s okay too. Because it is not required and we would never (and have never) kicked someone over none requirement related things. That’s how it should work. You can’t say you expect nothing (have no requirements) and then get upset when people don’t “pull their weight” in a way you don’t care for. Unless they’re being rude or disrespectful, they shouldn’t be kicked from a Guild that states that. It’s not right. Plain and simple.

Now, if you don’t want a Player like in your #2 scenario or the other scenarios that @Stan mentioned, then state that with clear cut expectations. By doing that, you can get the players you want and get rid of the ones you don’t. Basically, in order to get clear cut results (the results you’re looking for), you need clear cut requirements to go with them.

3 Likes

Actual Scenario #6:

Level 37 Hero, entirely F2P, and only plays Treasure Hunt. With this:

• has all kingdoms, including the latest one, at 5-star.
  • has all Legendary troops, with the exception of Cedric Sparklesack and two Seasonal Imps.
  • some Legendary troops are fully traited, while others have the traitstones to be.
  • three Mythics are also available for use, with one fully traited, one three Arcanes away, and one with the traitstones, but not worth the traiting.
  • closing in on 200+ fully traited troops, with many of them ascended to Mythic.

Self-imposed, stringent gameplay restrictions and misanthropic tendencies preclude this player from being accepted by any Guild.

But, proves that one actually can build up a more than healthy account without spending any money and without any Guild assistance.

2 Likes

The term “no requirements” is throwing a lot of people off, so I’ll clarify. Minimum requirements are created as a line for poor performers to ride the backs of top performers. Some of you arguing here are confusing this with “easy requirements.” Understandably so, and i think a better term is “Keep Up” or “If you have to ask…”

Some of you, i recognize from the upper brackets, and you know better. One, i was in a guild with, and i know you’ve seen it. Tell people the minimum gold is 400k, and a handful will give you not a shilling more. Trophies, seals, guild wars scores…all the same.

We aren’t giving people a line to ride. If you want an honest answer on the average performance in the guild? 1m+ gold, 1500 seals, 250+ trophies, 50k+ in guild wars, all event sigils complete…will we hold everyone to that standard every week? Absolutely not. We communicate almost to excess. If someone’s going to be out, and we know about it, we’re not giving the boot.

Different weeks dictate different things. If there’s a bounty and invasion event in the same week, gold and trophies won’t be what they are during a week with just guild wars.

I think some of you are just confused, a few scared to dive into a non-rigid system. Both understandable. However, your apprehensions and confusion don’t make or break our system. Those who’ve entered know what’s up. We’re going places, criticism be damned. You either want this, or you don’t!

1 Like

I think you interpreted “please close this derailed and week-old thread” the same way this guild interprets “no requirements”.

2 Likes

Nope, i got it clearly. I was informed through a communication channel that it was updated prior to posting. I don’t believe it’ll actually get deleted, and want to make sure a clear answer is here. Why are you so worried about an Xbox guild anyway?

@Kafka @Cyrup

Please close this thread ASAP.

I would disagree. Minimum requirements are just that, the minimum of what is expected of you. And, if you do less, then that’s a problem. You should be talked to or kicked. If you do more, than you should be praised and possibly “Rank up” in the guild.

There should be nothing wrong with that. Yes, they aren’t over-achieving, but they aren’t under achieving either. They know exactly where the line is, where the standard is that they need to set and that should be okay. Especially, because not everyone can over-achieve, due to things, such as: work, family, school, etc. This is a game after all and I don’t think anyone should be shamed, or worse, kicked from a guild, because they “only” did what was required of them.

That is your choice, but I feel that if you do that, then you shouldn’t complain when people don’t do “enough”. If you don’t give someone an expectation, a standard of what you feel is what they should or need to do, to be a part of your guild, then you shouldn’t complain that they’re not doing enough.

As I said in a previous comment, if you feel you need every player to donate 500K, then you should directly tell them. That way they know what is expected of them. In that situation, if they donate less, then obviously, thats an issue. If they donate more, then that’s awesome. Both people should then be dealt with, accordingly. You can’t expect them to be mind readers.

Thats fine, then you should say your requirements are flexible, not that there are none. For example, if you want everyone to do 100 trophies on GW weeks, because there aren’t Raids or Invasions taking up so much time, then say so. Alternatively, if you know that Raids and Invasion take up too much time that week, then say “On non-GW weeks, we only expect 50 trophies.”

In those situation, everything is clearly defined and there is no confusion. People know what’s expected of them. And, as I said before, if they don’t meet what is asked, action would, understandably, be taken. And, if they do more, then action should be taken for that as well.

2 Likes

Closing as requested

2 Likes