Persistence spell casts in the wrong order

Platform, device version and operating system:
All

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

It’s subtle, but a dev can verify this really quick. Let’s recap the ability text for Persistence:

However, the way the spell is implemented, it Devours, then deals damage to the selected target, then deals damage to another target. This means it can devour your selected target first. That stinks because you’re prone to select a weaker enemy.

I think a player would expect damage, damage, devour based on the text. That would let the player kill 1 enemy with damage, damage another, then still have a decent shot at devouring an undamaged enemy.

I care less about its order then that the text and the ability conflict. They should be the same.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

The troop was released this way. This started as early as last week, but it had not been released (on purpose) yet so it wasn’t a bug then. Some players were able to obtain it via a bug, but it’s a subtle interaction so I don’t blame them for missing it.

Steps to make it happen again

Cast the spell.

3 Likes

Common issue. I would also expect Iron Gut to first deal damage, then devour. A disadvantage for the user to be sure, but that’s the way he’s worded. He works the other way around though, first he checks whether he devours and after that he deals damage (at least as far as I can tell).
There are plenty more like this out there, where the order of operations does not match the order of the wording.
Or it’s unclear which trait (when troops interact) will get priority, or whether hero traits or talents trigger first etc etc.
I do like this game, which is why I keep bringing up gripes like this which push the game down to a 7/10 instead of the 9/10 it could be (rough scoring).

all spells that have devour will devour first and then deal damage.
irongut was damage then devour on release, and soon changed to devour then damage after some players reported.
i guess its how the design goes, making devour can always be countered by barrier.

1 Like

change English great but That’s you how works. can’t order. are supposed to appear in Words the chronological

1 Like