Patch 1.0.85 Bugs - XB1

Arena now randomly also grants 2 wins if you win a match. So if you win a match one of these happens:

1. You get 1 win as intended
  2. You get 2 wins
  3. You get 1 loss
  4. You get 2 loss

Most common outcome seems to be 1 loss.

Also in arena, if you face troops that you have ascended(maybe needs to be leveled too) in opposite team, then they will have much higher stats. For example I faced an 11 attack serpent (I have max traited/ascended/leveled serpent), diffculty setting was not the cause, nor there were any attack buffers/attack buffing weapons. Not sure if this is normal and serpent was just buffed a lot but seemed odd compared to all other troops. Saw similar boosted stats on that Khetar drilling troop which I also maxed.

This is on PS4, but didn’t want to make yet another thread and saw a dev in this one.

Also treasure map is a bit slower with some hanging time when items morph. This was better in old version, making maps faster to use imo.

All in all great update but please check the arena thoroughly, after treasure maps it’s my gf’s favourite part of the game and it’s pretty much unplayable at current state.

@Swupe

I have done several 8-win Arena runs with overall great success in every other run as well. I have always gotten 1 win for a win and 1 loss for a loss.

I haven’t got a single 8-run go like it should go since the update. It’s very weird, even the dev said they haven’t come across this.

I took several screenshots of what happens after winning a match but they don’t help, because the same team can get a random loss or random win. Last night I did the whole 8-run by winning 4 matches, which netted me 8 wins.

If I remove the game and re-install it, will I lose my progression and guild membership?

Another question, I got all kingdoms at 10 except 1 at 9. When the last kingdom is lvl10 what will happen to “Level up a kingdom” task? I hope it won’t stuck because I like the other tasks in the second task slot.

I wonder this lately as well.

@Mr.Strange?

When we pick your new tasks, we don’t allow any that don’t make sense.

Note, the “bring a troop up to level 10” is a bit of an exception to this, because there are always new troops coming out. And, frankly, if you have ALL troops at level 10, you don’t need the resource boost of tasks…

1 Like

Well I just made the last kingdom 10 and the next task to pop up was “Increase a kingdoms level” right after the last possible increase was done. A while after that game crashed because of buggy Hero weapon (purple scythe 9damage to all + generate skulls if someone dies). The task was still there when restarting the game. So am I stuck with this task or…

Does kingdom power level also count towards this task? (Star level). Unfortunately I just starred up everything to 1+ gold stars before thinking it could be used for the task, gonna take a long time to get any higher than that.

I do agree I really shouldn’t be complaining about tasks at this level anymore, but being f2p I’ve pretty much played the whole game just by following tasks xD

New-ish to me: Use Four Troops that use the same mana color. I’ve tried:2 Spider Queens, and 2 Boar Riders (all purple/green), and one Centaur Scout with 3 Priestesses (and it was all Yellowww) to no avail, can’t get the task to roll. I have 4 level 1 Banshees I may try (since i forgot to ascend her). Has anyone else had this task? (it popped after I crafted a trait).

All of these tasks require that all troops be UNIQUE. So it won’t clear if you use 2 Spider Queens, etc.

1 Like

thanks! it’s a bit vague. OH and thanks for cleaning up the “Use a banner from…” task to actually using a specific banner. (Though i had gotten used to just going to the correct city.)

Morthani’s Scythe? I use that weapon to clear the “Kill 8 enemy Troops with Hero’s weapon” Task all the time and it hasn’t once crashed the game.

I use it for the same task and on the new map it crashes my game if I also do skull damage with weapon generated skulls. Sent them a few videos of the bug.

That weird.

The main reason I use that scythe is because if the Skulls generated cause a match and kill an enemy Troop, it counts as a Hero kill, even if it’s not the Hero doing the attack.

My Hero Team for reference;

Druid***
Celestasia**
Hero - Morthani’s Scythe
Ragnagord (Red/Brown was missing in team and Ragnagord can generate Mana)

using the Karakoth banner (Purple/Purple)

1 Like

For hero weapon task I use:

Celestasia
Hero with that scythe
Atlanta
Crimson bat

Set up everybody for one hit kill with the bottom two and tank and create mana with cele. Works fine but weapon started bugging a lot when I moved to new map.

Edit: Seems I’m coming across some bugs you don’t have. Can you tell me what version info you get if you go to application info part in PS4 menu. Application being GoW, for me it shows 1.05

Mine says 1.04, wonder what that is about.

@Mr.Strange / @Nex ?

Should be 1.04 - that’s the most recent internal number.

1 Like

So should I reinstall the game or what? I haven’t done it because I’m afraid of losing guild membership and progress in game.

You shouldn’t as all your data is saved on the server and your account is tied your your Gamertag

Indeed, it shouldn’t hurt anything to delete & reinstall the game. Do make certain you have your account name & info before you do it!

That is not entirely accurate. The North America version is 1.04 the European version number is 1.05. So that would explain why you have different version numbers.

You are correct. It was 1.04 before the update. Just uninstalled and reinstalled and again I got the 1.05 version.