Omg check this out! Explore mode

The point of Explore mode is targeted traitstone farming, as well as being something else to do for a little variety. Given the traitstone rarity multipliers, it makes sense that the gold would not be competitive with PvP. However, given that PvP also awards glory, it does seem like the rewards could be a bit better for Explore mode without being disruptive, particularly when playing on higher difficulties.

You might get a better response overall if you were more clear, and less negative and antagonistic.

5 Likes

Boy is that a lesson more people would do well to remember.

4 Likes

After more Exploring last night I just cannot agree with the original sentiment, for two reasons:

1. Difficulty applies to Explore but not to PvP. Explore is by far a more lucrative way to farm souls now.
  2. Doing challenges, I gave up on stone farming. I went 850 matches before without an arcane drop. In Explore, I’ve gotten THREE in the last 2 days.

EDIT: Just got ANOTHER one. That’s 4 in like 100 battles.

The root problem was pointed out a year ago when Warlord levels entered the scene: the bonus is not multiplicative as it should be. That put the levels in the not worth category from the start if you have costume and counted per time spent.

What game are you playing? Warlord 3 Explore takes me roughly the same amount of time as PvP, per match. I get 140 souls per match vs. 80 in PvP. If that’s not enough, all by itself, to justify playing the new mode then you’re just looking for a reason to complain, plain and simple.

PS. Just got ANOTHER arcane. This is crazy.

2 Likes

I feel like you would have gotten much better responses if you didn’t come off so…brash…sarcastic…hostile…and sort of rude, honestly. If this entire thing was reworded with a bit more respect for the Devs and other players, and not laced with sarcasm, I think that perhaps people would listen to what you’re saying.

With that said, I do agree that the rewards for higher difficulties does not scale with how hard the battle is…it is not worth the time invested to play on those difficulties.

Rather than bash the game - that people really enjoy, hence they are on the forums - you could have made a proposition to buff the payout for higher difficulties and stated your reasons respectfully.

As others have stated, Explore mode is really awesome when you don’t want to wait for your Arcanes. I was hoping for something like this for a long time because I get bored of just waiting for the right week to come (especially when I’ve been wanting to trait Mercy for the past month and a halfish). With the update I was actually able to target the swamps I had without draining myself out. I had attempted to farm challenge mode in the past, but all it did was annoy me. I absolutely hate going against the exact same team over and over again. And the drop rates were abysmal. Now they actually feel good! Like you can get what you are looking for if you invest the time required. Explore mode has breathed new life into this game for me, and I feel like it was a much needed addition!

Personally, I like that PvP is for gold, and you can also get 60 souls per battle if you use Valkyrie…and I like that Explore is for trait stones and soul farming. The PvP matches are a lot longer than farming explore mode. And if you are playing explore mode, you might not want to be on the highest difficulty because you’d want the battles to be fast so you can be efficient with getting your souls and trait stones. I like to play on Hard because the battles are quick and you can get your 70 souls and keep going at a great pace. The rate of getting souls is much higher on Explore mode if you play at easier difficulties vs PvP, based on speed and you can get more souls per battle.

If you are playing for the challenge versus the rewards, then obviously play at a higher difficulty. Personally, I like to steamroll through everything. It feels satisfying, I’m not sure why :stuck_out_tongue:

And Treasure hunting has actually been a very great tool for me! I use it when I need Glory, since it seems to be faster than farming out PvP battles (especially while Mab is broken for iPhone - I have had a lot of struggles without my freezing and I’m having issues with finding another team comp that I like and is successful. I wish that I had the mythics!). Plus I remember the hunts being useful at a really low level. But, basically, as a level 300ish player I use the treasure hunts when I need a good burst of glory. My reserves have been drained and I’ve been eating up my 4000+ glory every week as I get it, but I’m finding it hard to stock it back up because every week I need the trait stones…I digress.

Challenge mode is great for completing the first time for the burst of souls, very helpful in the beginning.

Questing is great to unlock the end rewards and get your class (although I rarely use a class because I’d rather use my troops).

Every feature in the game has its purpose, even if you do not see it or want to utilize it/need it…the purpose is there. Of course there is always room for balancing and improving areas, which is what we need to focus on. This game is not complete garbage and it is not boring for its solid player base. As with almost any game, there will be people who get bored after a few months…but I have been playing for 4 months now, I think? I have yet to get bored. There’s still so much that I want to accomplish. This game has a lot of things to do, and a lot of ways that you can enjoy it.

6 Likes

Fun fact: Higher opponent stats means easier fight for some teams. :smile_cat:

Maw+Bone Dragon baby

Granted my sample attempt size isn’t very high, but so far I’ve been getting the least useful traitstone offered.

Or Shadow-Hunter for high-Life, low-Armor types like Dwarves and Giants

pic one vs pic 2: what’s wild fang sneaking in? :slight_smile:

Judging by the screenshot timestamps (in the file names), the Wild Fang screenshot actually came first. Doesn’t change the salient points of the discussion, but yeah – the team the OP defeated was not the one with Famine at the helm.