Old Faction assault for the weekend?

I am seeing Umbral Nexus on Taransworld set to be the weekend event, has this happened before? I was hoping there would have been a vault event to fill the hole :thinking: Or we could have talked about what faction people would like… But maybe the schedule can still change…

6 Likes

It’s odd to me that it’s a re-run of a recent faction weekend.

6 Likes

I was assuming the 3 day gap would either be the Elemental Dungeons release that were teased at in the language diff spoilers or the new 6.2 content with the Mimic and Hoard Mimic encounters for explore being added. Both were teased at in the same language diff file on Taran’s world and the timing from when they usually appear there until release is right around now. (usually roughly 5 weeks)

This is the language diff from January 23rd where it was teased at in the code.

1 Like

Ahh I see the bot has caught up and also showing Umbral Nexus now… This was a very recent weekend faction assault so I already was able to do it was also hoping for something else there instead. Maybe they will work in a backwards order with weekend faction assaults the 1 day faction assaults do not give enough time to be done comfortably.

3 Likes

As I wasn’t there when factions started popping, I’ve mostly finished pure runs on the recent ones and a few outside the weekends, so yeah, the older ones would most likely helped a lot more players. I really don’t know if I’ll have the motivation to play it just for the reward tiers :thinking:

3 Likes

@terberos on a 2nd thought I am fine with it, means a free weekend.

3 Likes

I know what you mean, but I was waiting for something interesting, because I have an empty weekend :grin:

2 Likes

These Elemental Dungeons are the dungeons that are already in game. Elemental because one colour per day. They were originally referred to as that but over time it got shortened to just Dungeons.
All that is being added in 6.2 is new tutorials or new players to understand these existing game modes. So a new questline type deal.

Thanks that makes sense as there are other quests introducing the soulforge and other old features as well in that section. Must be for the Adventurer’s Path and Hero Pass portion of the 6.2 update.

Still holding out hope we get the update and then an explore event with horde mimics.

If its umbral nexus i already did that to pure 500…booo

3 Likes

Excited about potential weekend faction reruns. Totally disinterested in Umbral Nexus. I would have started with the first faction instead.

3 Likes

I’m going to largely parrot what I just said in a related thread:

I suspect this weekend’s Faction Assault is simply “filler”. That the developers planned something else to occupy our weekend, perhaps something related to the 6.2 release – whose patch notes we’ve allegedly seen – only that is not polished enough for release and therefore has been delayed. (We can hope that if it’s a situation where their beta testing and their QA processes have caught stuff, they’re fixing it before using the lot of us as unhappy guinea pigs.)

And should I want to jog further out into the realm of Unsubstantiated Speculation? To use some of the “pre-spoilers” that populate the Taransworld page? Maybe the developers are looking at some sort of weekend version of the Journey events.

Should I be completely wrong on the latter, but the developers find merit with the the idea and wish to put it to use? Feel free – imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all – but do give me some acknowledgement as the generator of the idea. :upside_down_face:

Totally agree about “filler”.
I wish they picked another faction, we already have that 3 months ago on a weekend and the next Tuesday after that.

I find it hilarious they still call it a “new” faction assault in game. They couldn’t be bothered to change the title. Too much work.

“Not my job”

1 Like

Yeah it’s disappointing that they choose Umbral. IMO it would be much better if they did some old difficult delve weekend - like The Labyrinth.

1 Like

If I recall, this faction wasn’t heavy on treasures either, plaaaah. Maybe I’ll just play the first reward tiers as they are fast…

I totally agree with you. They should start with the hardest such The Labyrinth, Fang Moor, Hell Gate and Werewoods.

1 Like

Hey all,

Just I thought I’d share in here a quick update in regards to Faction Event Weekends going forward…
We will still be running our weekly one-day Faction event while also continuing to run Weekend Factions, now that all Factions have been released!

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

13 Likes

Great. Thanks @Jeto
Please start your cycle if possible with the hardest.

1 Like

Awesome news glad to hear it! Maybe we can have the new faction troops dropped for each faction as they rotate in? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes