OK Seriously, traits have ruined the game

Yes but the ease of getting them is not the same.

No I didn’t - the broad-brush gains from the ascension system are part of the problem I perceive.

It feels obvious to me - commons are most easily farmed from gold keys. My view may be distorted by the resources I have being higher level, would welcome more views from players at all different levels.

Agreed, and good balance idea that was already suggested to Sirrian.

I assume you mean a ‘tick box’ - but the idea of a ‘thick box’ that players can tick if they are too stupid is also a great idea! :laughing:

Not agree. 190 commons must be really difficult to obtain from scratch. Sadly, we don’t know the probability for one common with one gold key, let’s say 50%. There are 25 common troops. So you need something like 9500 (190225) gold keys. I don’t think it’s so much easy to drop this 4 digits number of keys ;-).
Let’s see what the newcomers think about that.

Haha, yes of course… I not native english speaker. Sorry me please ;-).

There is not so much difference if the Centaur in not ascended to mystic just to legend or even epic, and that takes that 190 down by 100 and another 50…

As matchmaking tries to put somewhat similar levels where c is lower on attack so will be the opposition on life.

Also usually it is enough to lose your top troop while barely making a scratch on opposition to go down the drain.

Agree whit this, Traits are new , we must allow time for developers to analyze the interaction
I wonder question on the traits “true life” … watching the bonus realms, we have 5 kingdom with the attack and 9 with life …
the balance of kingdoms that allows you it has to be consistent traits …?
I think the time and fighting analyzes allow developers to best judge …

I’d have to say that traits are the next stage in evolving your team. You lost because you have yet to evolve your team through use of traits. Once you do… Someone else who hasn’t yet will complain about you destroying them in 3 moves.

The same could be said about goblins.

Goblins have ruined the game? Haha

No, that they are the next step in the evolution of the game.

Haha… Cannot compare traits and goblins…

Why not? Both are areas where some players perceive things aren’t balanced and the game could benefit from them being tweaked / nerfed if you want to call it that.

But hey, there’s enough debate on Goblins in other threads. This one is on Traits. I do think there’s work to be done to balance these new ideas / mechanics fully…

I think my main issue with traits is that they make things much more luck dependent. With such high damage my skel/skel/Aziris/Slime setup can kill 2-3 troops before they get a turn with a lucky start. Or if I get a bad start, the opponent can true shot both of my skeletons on his first turn. I realize that luck of the draw is going to be a strong factor in any match-3 or card game, and in no way is it a bad thing that the best team doesn’t always win.

But when it starts to feel like there is no strategy, and instead is a coin toss on who gets a lucky drop first, it becomes frustrating not fun.

2 Likes

That’s my main issue. Same issue I had with webspinner. This is a game, something I play for fun. Getting shitstomped by the AI is not fun, whether it’s pre-nerf webspinner infinite looping itself a victory or a one-match skeleton destruction of my team.

Sucks being this upset over a game, but GoW has been a staple of my entertainment time for more than a year now. Feels like losing a good friend.

2 Likes

Just lost because 3 army (2 glade warden + 1 centaur) has true shot trait (1 hit about 25-30 lifes).

4 Likes

Ok… I can see your point… I can agree with that.

I feel the nex feature shld be real time PVP!!!

Safe bet that will never happen to GoW.
A spin-off could be made, but I doubt the company would on to it.

while this thread complains about the unfairness of traits i see entangle being really good against true shot and other spells that cancel certain traits. At this piont if you were to compile a list of traits along side what counters them then you might notic if traits are overpowered or not. Has anyone used silence to find out if it works on traits as well?

This would be AWESOME

not used silence yet but in its current form, can expect it to be not very effective since it has 10% chance to recover CUMULATIVE…meaning by 3rd turn, it has very good chance to resume true shotting u…while u have to work very hard to charge up yr silence again…