[Not a Bug] Zuul hit with status effects

Platform, device version and operating system: Mobile - Android

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was blasting through some pvp and somehow my Zuul got hit by Essence of Evil.

I can’t figure out how this would happen - he got hit with everything that Essence had to offer it seems, so something must have negated invulnerable (eg. Stun), however since Zuul is invulnerable to all status effects (including stun) that doesn’t make any sense.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Just once so far.

Steps to make it happen again
Fight a team with an Essence of Evil and get it to cast against Zuul - or maybe try fighting a Zuul with an Essence of Evil.

EoE applies curse. Curse breaks Impervious.

4 Likes

Zuul is not invulnerable, he is impervious. There’s a difference :slight_smile:

Impervious troops can be cursed. For any impervious troop, casting EoE on it will first curse it (which makes it vulnerable to stun), then stun it and then apply all the other status effects. It’s been working that way since start of April, when EoE was changed to include lycanthropy.

Troops with Invulnerable trait (dooms, Enraged Kurandara, Leonis Tower and raid boss Zuuls) are still truly impervious to EoE because they can’t be cursed.

7 Likes

“Our” Zuul is just Impervious, like Mita said.
The Raid Boss Zuul versions are Invulnerable.

Thanks to all who answered - something to watch out for in the future.

For the record - very CONFUSING.

The description for Essence of Evil is, literally, “Inflict all negative status effects on an enemy…”

The description for Zuul’s Impervious is “Immune to all status effects…”

There’s still a disconnect there - its only when you go into Essence and wait for the Cursed description to pop up that it also states that it impacts Impervious troops.

3 Likes

Again, Like Mita mentioned, since April, EOE applies curse first and them all other negative effects.
Before, you would need to cast EOE twice on an Impervious troop in order to disable it.

Agreed, there’s literally no way in game to know this. There is no description on EoE to say how it applies negative status effects (it used to be in a different order). And it happens too quickly on EoE cast to see the order of applied effects, so you either have to have someone tell you this or guess it yourself. GoW is generally bad at including little details like that that potentially make a huge difference in game play in the game :frowning:

FWIW, you can learn more about the different status effects here: https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000335886-All-status-effects-and-immunity-Traits-

1 Like

Hey @Martentos ,

@mitamata, @Shimrra and @alv-thanos beat me to it :upside_down_face:

Its’s as they said Essence of Evil applies curse which nullifies the Impervious trait, allowing Zuul’Goth to get Stunned. This then allows other negative status effects to be applied.

Looking at the Impervious and Essence of Evil’s descriptions, I can see how the wording can be confusing and providing a clear explanation on how it’s intended to work. I’ll pass this feedback on to the Development team to make some quality of life improvements to make them more clear.

Thanks for bringing this feedback up, it’s much appreciated :slight_smile:

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective: