[Not a bug] Treasure vault weekend - is this thing on?

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 10 x64

Screenshot or image:
Not applicable

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Last time, when Treasure Vault weekend happened along with Gargoyle event, I got about 1 gnome per 10 battles. I strived for infamous missing 10th gargoyle, and got like 15 gnomes for 100 explore battles. And still people complained that it’s too rare, and blamed gargoyles for that.

Now for three days of Treasure Vault, I spent about 20 adventures in Friday, and got 3 gnomes. Used Gnome-a-Pazoola, and got zero gnomes this day after it ended. Ok.

Yesterday, for like 30 adventures in Explore (and 10 daily), I got one gnome.

Today I decided to get at least 4 singers to compensate spent Pazoola. In vain. 10 turns at Arena - zero gnomes. 9 adventures in daily - zero gnomes. 40 adventures in Explore - zero.

What happened? Is there some limit of gnomes you can get per event, or what?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I noticed it this weekend.

Steps to make it happen again

1. Use Gnome-a-Pazoola.
  2. Adventure.
  3. Got near-zero treasure gnomes, regardless of the event.

I know there was one change made to Gnome-a-Paloozas in the past. Now you can get 4 same gnomes in GaPs battle when earlier it was always max 3 same gnomes and one different one.

Hey @Smiling_Spectre1

I had a check into your battle data over the weekend, it does appear everything has been working correctly.

We are doing some more testing, but it does appear to have been bad luck the past couple of days, unfortunately. But if we find anything further that shows otherwise, I’ll share an update!

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

3 Likes

Ok, “bad luck” is a good enough explanation for me.

But can you (or someone else) tell me, how often can I expect treasure gnomes at such weekends? Maybe normal rate for this is the one gnome per 50 encounters, so I cannot realistically got more than 1-2 per day anyway?

By “treasure gnomes”, do you mean any gnome or specifically the gnome named “Treasure Gnome”?

Standard appearance rate for gnomes is 3% for each fight where they are able to show up. During vault events the appearance rate is increased to 9%, so you get a gnome roughly every 11 fights on average.

3 Likes

Mhm, so 10-15 fights is a normal range for the gnomes, and so 40 is too low. Thank you for the clarification, I’ll remember it!