New status effects' visuals. A troop stunned, webbed, set on fire, poisoned, entangled, death marked, enchanted, submerged, freezed and silenced at the same time! 😁

That is simply awesome.

Those things look like screen savers from the late 90s…or those media waveform visualizers you watch while listening to trance techno.

I haven’t been playing much lately, so the new status effect animations are taking some serious getting used to. They used to take up different parts of the border/art and this stacked well. Now, though…I can’t imagine trying to parse whatever that mess up there is.

7 Likes

I don’t know why you’re all so confused. That’s not the stack of multiple separate status effects. That’s the new rainbow sparkle effect for the new status called ‘fukt’.

14 Likes

LOL - this is clear sign, that the devs don‘t eat their own sh*t! Covering vital stats with (not even well done) animations is just a no go!

1 Like

Hunter’s Mark is missing too, right?

1 Like

status effects almost made me lose points on a GW battle today, I thought that the opponent had 5 health when he really had fifty something health, the second number was completely obscured by effects. Luckily the troop I used to attack him got a lucky skull skyfall and finished him off or I likely would have lost a troop on the next turn.

Those status effects are out of control.

10 Likes

Status effects need a roll back and I thought the Freeze thing was being overstated until I played my first match against a MAB and got raped on the next turn when I matched 4 and had no idea which one of my troops was frozen.

FREEZE MUST BE VISIBLE FROM THE PLAYING FIELD!

10 Likes

But…He´s not enraged.

I usually try to cut the Devs some slack. After all, it’s easy to complain, rather harder to come up with a good solution, but these animations seriously make the game harder. And that’s for someone with normal eyesight playing on a 10" tablet.

1 Like

You want to try getting Enrage on there. It has a red glow particle effect which looks identical to me to being Burning!

I totally understand the issues with multiple status effects, and there’s more to come! However it’s almost like folks are deliberately trying to get as many stacked as possible just to prove a point, when in reality just being burnt and frozen and possibly stunned is enough to show the vision issues. I still like the effects but they need more clarity, especially frozen and also they really should be optional.

4 Likes

I hear that they are introducing Disembowel for Valentine’s Day.

2 Likes

I can’t second this enough. I AM very tired of not even noticing that I am frozen. IT’s NOT Obvious…it’s so vague that I actually was about to file another bug about loosing my 5 match extra turn.

And I don’t want to turn on sounds because I like listening to music that relaxes me instead of wanting to throw something at the screen or throw my phone because of some cascade that went past 10 matches… (and then the goblins kicked in with their extra rounds).

4 Likes

Maybe my post is more appropriate here:

In short;

• switch statue effect [SE] animations by small icons (like the ones for traits) and put it on the right (old position of the traits)
  • remove the trait icons (unreadable, don’t know which traits they are with only the icons)
  • if so, put positive SE on the left and negative ones on the right (in the picture below it will be the opposite)
  • if so, remove the “Event bonus” icon (useless during battle) with a new “Owned traits” icon
    Example if you have the 3 traits of the troop
2 Likes

3 arrows is your solution to the unreadable traits? That’s even worse. Just make the trait icons bigger,or put the back to what they were.

1 Like

Yes,the new status effects are awful,visually confusing,and an eyesore to look at. Why does the armor icon,and the troop card both have to be on fire,just the armor was fine. I get what you were going for devs,but it just doesn’t work here in this game.

1 Like

It’s my solution to keep one information about traits: how many of them have been unlocked. And this information is enough for players who know which traits have troops or at least the powerful ones (Kraken’s 3rd trait, Famine, etc.).

Of course, you cannot know which traits are they, but it’s the same for the current trait icons… I mean you know that Kraken’s 3rd trait is the one which does some damage when matching 4+gems, because you know it, not because of the icon (there are 267 traits so 267 icons…). So with or without icon, it’s the same, and so on, let’s have a more compact “trait unlocking” icon to save some space.

Space that can be used to put icons for status effect (the idea related to this topic).

3 Likes

i’m in favor of minimalize trait icon. i for one never remember each trait icon, but only remember if some important troop has what trait. other than that, i click it open to see. what i need to know on the overview is only if they have them unlocked.

we have too many different traits. even they are represented by different icons, most icons are not too distinctive or memorable from each other. on smaller devices or when playing on small windowed mode to avoid flashy graphics, i can’t tell them apart. the color, which is based on trait level on each card, not unique to the trait makes it even harder.

so, i too feel they are unnecessary to have the way they are right now. aesthetically speaking, yeah they are more beautiful today than the last update but practically, something else could use that space, like more space to showcase troop art that the team work hard on or maybe put back the magic icon there so we are aware of magic stat that always kept hidden despite how time had change and we having more and more magic altering troops. or something for status effect, much more practical for gameplay.

i wrote too long. tl:dr make the trait icon simple and have a better use of limited space.

I know I spoke earlier about resizing the trait icons (and thank you to the devs for responding to the request), but I like @turintuor’s reimagining of the troop cards. Moving the trait symbols to the bottom middle does free up space to place icons to represent status effects — though I think the previous versions’ status markers were sufficient for most statuses.

Second one has got to be Gyarados! I choose you!!

1 Like