New Hero Class: Elementalist

Quick help, I have my finger on the button. How many shop tiers is needed to get all the rewards during the weekend? If losing no ravens/fights…

2 might do it. 3 to be sure.

You will get 4 more sigils Saturday and 4 more Sunday. I have factored those in FYI. If you want to complete it today you will need more tiers.

1 Like

On the one hand we have Frostmage with 25% of freezing while casting. And on the other - new one with 100% “little essence of evil” by matching 4+. I wonder if its 1 April on the calendar

3 Likes

Use Black Manacles and 3x Shayle. Pretty easy with that team.

1 Like

The third trait should be “burn a random enemy and either: stun, freeze, or entangle him when matching 4 or more gems”

1 Like

I like the third trait. It is not that yu can’t win against an elementalist defense - but you have to use the right teams that work even if you got frozen, stunned, and entangled. Or that counter that trait.

It’s also fun to use in offense, especially against goblins - though I still managed to get looped to death by goblin teams once or twice.

If it also had 50% mana start… But so far, I don’t mind.

It’s not as bad as essence because there’s no silence. That’s usually what gets me. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah it certainly changes the meta and can really mess with a lot of the current meta teams like goblins and lust but it has some hard counters still like obsidius and I have noticed a lot more double beetrix teams as well because if you cant stun them both with your 4+ matches they cleanse each other and their whole team and you lose all ground. I also noticed teams like the divine ishabaala rope dart quillin moon rabbit team seem to hold their own well against it because of the blesses they throw out. It is strong but not unbeatable it just requires players really make careful gem choices and can’t rely so much on looping mechanics without a proper way to handle it. Mayhaps orpheus medals might be more popular now in order to deal with the inevitable status effects and it becomes much harder to just kill them before they can take turns.
(edit) At least until we start seeing elementalist at 100 where we get fortitiude to counter the stuns.

Orpheus medals don’t work against stun anyway :man_shrugging:

I don’t understand how people are justifying a class that single handedly changes the entire meta “oh, juts use x instead or y” - I don’t like having my options restricted so heavily by ONE class. This class is literally going to sculpt the entire meta going forwards as there is little point taking any other class any more.
It can’t be stunned and completely destroys 90% of teams; every team will need to now run bless or be immune to freeze AND stun, with skull teams also needing to be immune to entangle going forward.

3 Likes

I like this class. I am hoping they won’t change a thing in this class. Devs this is not a bug, please don’t fix it. This is not a broken class.

2 Likes

Cedric changed the meta so did a lot of other mythics. Some people are just resistant to change I guess. If you want the same half dozen meta teams to always exist as is never changing cool but I find that boring. Most card games drops an entire expansion every 3 - 6 months that always completely change the meta. I would rather there be major change than constant stagnation.

2 Likes

Bless still counters it or using cleanses after the fact like mercy or sister superior still are quite effective. You can also use any class with fortitude to resist stuns and the orpheus medals can take off the freeze entangle and burn.

Cedric made one team popular, sure. It didn’t massively lock out 80% of the meta from being used though like this one does. Do I want the same 6 meta teams? No. This is going to force you to do exactly that though.

1 Like

The problem is that the meta doesn’t change regularly or even deliberately. Troops are designed pretty much at random, and very occasionally one is unintentionally strong enough to mix things up.

My best example of this is leprechaun - some random troop designed around flavor, whose explosion number is so high that it fits on every team and is the default, benchmark turn 1 action.

I’d embrace cool, strong new teams every few months, but we don’t get that. We’ll be stuck with the latest overpowered blight until something else randomly makes it obsolete.

Anyway, I’d support a nerf in 3 months.

2 Likes

Thrall…………

Next class please…

6 Likes

You can come and do mine. I still have 3 classes to get from around 70 to 100. :wink::grin:

4 Likes