[NEED VIDEO] extra turn on 3 match

Platform, device version and operating system: Mobile

Screenshot or image: don’t have video, screenshot would be irrelevant

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
The AI made a 3 match by casting tai pan and got an extra turn.
I know for sure there were no sky drops because I was watching carefully as this was my fight against the paragon.
This then completely changed the whole battle - at least if this had been a skydrop I could have been bitter about RNG instead of broken coding.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It happens every now and again but it’s so uncommon I wasn’t sure if I’d just missed a skydrop, this time I know for sure I didn’t. But it looks like this has been a known bug for literally coming up to 5 years now.

Steps to make it happen again
N/a

How often does this happen for you? If it is frequent enough it may be worth recording your screen for a day. Without a video not sure if the devs have much to go on unfortunately.

Not saying this didn’t happen to you, but so far everyone who told me the AI got a free extra turn, either they couldn’t prove it or we were able to figure out why the AI legitimately got an extra turn. I assume the devs will thus ignore after so many false claims unless given proof.

Unfortunately it’s fairly rare, say once a month or so for over a year now but until this match I’ve always just assumed I missed something.

This time I purposefully avoided casting child of summer to fill EoE because none of the brown + reds were 4 matches and without a skydrops I knew that filling EoE was a bigger priority than my own yao. I would literally put money on the fact that there was no skydrops because it was the paragon fight and I was watching the board like a hawk.

It may be ignored but my sheer anger at losing a fight to bs instead of RNG or a misplay forced my hand.

I can confirm this, and even on both sides.
I am fairly sure I have seen this happening, sometimes I get an extra turn sometimes the AI get an extra turn.
I started to worry I am seeing things, but it is so rare I just thought I missed some 4 matches.

What speed is everyone playing on? We have analysed a lot of footage of people playing at 4x speed saying that an extra turn has occured from a three match and it’s always turned out to be a 4 match somewhere else. We would love to review any footage, as we have been unable to reproduce this bug internally.

2 Likes

It is extremely hard to catch since it happens only occasionally. It would require to record every battle for a month to see this.
I think it is fairly safe to say that everybody plays on 4x speed other speeds are unbearably slow.

Normally I assume it was a four match I missed, however on this one the ONLY matches were the reds cast from tai pan which I specifically left my child of summers cast because there were no 4 matches, there were no sky drops at all so there’s no chance for me to have missed a four match unless it happened off screen which has been said to be impossible in the past.

I do understand the lack of trust due to past errors from people, mistakes breed distrust and all, but I can’t record my gameplay for something that happens once a month on average when I play for hours every day and only on mobile.

I will stay content with the fact that I know definitively that I was right on this one but that it can’t be proven. Normally it’s a slight annoyance but not the end of the world, this one made me angry which is the only reason I posted - in case there was something different about my case that could be replicated.

Thanks for looking and responding salty, appreciated.