Need game information

I’m not a new player (level 1600+) and I’ve been playing for 3 or 4 years. I started out in a guild with friends and we didn’t have a clue about the game, what to do, what not to do. all we knew was that it was a match 3 type game with achievements. (We play on Steam.)

Now with everything that’s going on, I’m more than a little concerned that I could do something wrong and not even know it. For example:

I could collect too much gold. That’s been covered in another thread, but the short story is that you can get locked out of the game if you accumulate too much gold. The consensus is that the limit is 2.1B but that could be wrong. Where does it say that this will lock the game and you’ll be unable to play any more? Isn’t there something somewhere that says too much gold - or any other resource I would guess - could get you locked out of the game? Aren’t we given a warning when we’re approaching that limit?

I could collect too many treasure maps. This I know will happen because it happened to a lot of people last December after the release of Krinklemas and those people were banned from the game. Not a programming glitch or bug, but banned from the game. What are treasure maps good for? Nothing that I know about. Sure, you could spend 1 or 2 a month if you were bored and wanted to play the treasure hunt, but they are going to accumulate pretty fast. Am I in danger of getting banned because I have too many treasure maps? How am I supposed to get rid of them?

I could do something that I don’t even know that I shouldn’t do and the game could decide I’m cheating or not spending enough actual money or I have absolutely no idea.

So how do you get banned? I’d like to avoid it. How do you know if you’re banned? Does a message come up saying you’re banned or are you just locked out of the game?

This is a serious question that I hope someone will address. I like the game. I even like the pool we run about what the next release is going to be and what’s going to be wrong with it. But if I’m in danger of getting banned, I would like to know what to avoid. Maybe even saying the “B” word in this forum will result in me being banned. If that’s the case, then… so long and thanks for all the fish.

5 Likes

The 2.1b limit is a technical issue due to hitting the integer limit. Similar things would happen on other games, like rolling into the negative numbers. The other resources such as souls, glory, etc. are most likely capped at the same integer limit. Notably, this is not intentional nor considered a ban. It is a coding issue.

I would never recommend saving up 2 billion gold, especially with this issue ongoing. Although it won’t be an issue for 99.99% of the playerbase :joy:

3 Likes

and just be glad this issue doesnt overflow, imagine booting up the game and having NEGATIVE 2.1 billion gold :slight_smile: but seriously i wish the forum mods would read these posts seriously and not jump to conclusions, this is something that every programmer MUST be aware of, almost as common as the “off by one” error

3 Likes

I wish they would do that for all threads.

I feel like they’re jumping the gun quite a lot lately.

2 Likes

It seems they only read what they want to. This is a major issue. Sure, it’s not going to happen to very many people, but it’s going to happen to some. Has at least twice as reported in this forum. The first one was solved. This latest one… well, they are trying to ignore it.

I’ll be honest. It’s taking away a lot of the fun of playing the game. I don’t need the game to be stressful. RL has that in spades. Now this situation that they don’t even want to talk about. If they would just read the posts, they would see multiple solutions to solve this particular issue and all those going forward. If they plan on keeping the game going, this is not going to an isolated incidence. The more people play and the longer they play, the more chance this has of happening to more people.

The solution is there in the threads they’ve shut down for no reason. I’d like to talk to support, but it doesn’t look like there is any available.

4 Likes