My Metal Pony

MY METAL PONY

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Mechamare

The Mechamare will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

World Event: Whitehelm Derby

There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: High Paladin, Sir Alamir, Statue of St. Veritas, Holy St. Astra, Gaard’s Avatar, and The Sparkinator. This event has 3 Phases:

• Phase 1 – The first 3 battles are the only available battles to play, and have an equal chance of appearing. Players will need to win 15 battles here to progress to the next phase.
  • Phase 2 – The first 5 battles are the only available battles to play, and have an equal chance of appearing. Players will need to win 15 battles here to progress to the next phase.
  • Phase 3 – All 6 battles are now available with an equal chance of appearing. This phase continues until the end of the event.

Scoring
You can find the following rewards for each of the different battles you may encounter.

• High Paladin: 3 Tracks
  • Sir Alamir: 4 Tracks
  • Statue of St. Veritas: 5 Tracks
  • Holy St. Astra: 6 Tracks
  • Gaard’s Avatar: 7 Tracks
  • The Sparkinator: 8 Tracks

Each Track is worth 2 points. In the final phase, as the battles against The Sparkinator get harder, that battle will increase the amount of Tracks it gives by 25%.

4 Likes

Here are the graphics to help you this week.

Event Summary:

Average Tier Buy In per member to close all rewards is Tier 4!! (approx 86 battles)

Reward Amounts:

Battles and Scoring:

17 Likes

Most expensive world event :sob:

Average Tier Buy In per member to close all rewards is Tier 4!! (approx 86 battles)

5 Likes

This new troop makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for Whitehelm, but with the Campaign task of using a Whitehelm team, and a restriction to green and brown troops, I find myself using a Whitehelm ‘evil’ team…

The typical Whitehelm team would be yellow troops representing good and using Dawnbringer or something. But I can’t use Dawnbringer, and my choices for troops from Whitehelm that are defenders/generators and green/brown are limited to just 8 troops:

So here’s what I came up with… behold, my ‘corruption’ team:

First I open with Mercy, using her ability Divine Grace, which transforms those unsightly purple gems into beautiful yellow gems. She cleanses all my troops and makes them feel happy.

Urielle the Guardian leads my troops at the front line. She soaks up those yellow gems that Mercy created. Mmmm, wonderful. Then she makes MORE of them with her Radiant Seal ability that creates yellow potions. Wow, fantastic.

Somewhere along the line, Mechamare gets enough blue mana to be able to cast his… corrupting spell, IRON HOOF. It converts all the red gems to green and yellow to brown. Normally that would be unheard of in a Whitehelm team. Green and brown over red and yellow? But I’m being forced to use Duskbringer here, and Mechamare is looking at a swamp of yellow goo, thanks to Mercy and Urielle, and he twists it all.

It works out quite well, actually.

2 Likes

I love the style you have written this in! I’ll be keeping an eye out for more of your team mechanics stories in future :grin: and it’s great to see World Event teams shared on the thread too

1 Like

They don’t want real feedback anymore. The only posts they want to see on the forums are positive.
Feed their propaganda or be censored and threatened to be banned.

(Your post being flagged proves that I wasn’t the only one targeted.)

I flagged it as spam, FWIW, and have been for a while now.

5 Likes

If you are talking about the community manager team, I doubt they go around flagging posts they don’t like. They wouldn’t have to, they could just delete posts. There actually seems to be very little censoring going on in this forum. Unfortunately there’s also very little communication going on, which is a shame considering how much communication initially helped the game to become popular, but that’s a different topic.

If you are talking about other players, well, this is a forum. They totally should express their opinion, even when it might not be a popular one. Flagging posts you don’t agree with feels like a somewhat small contribution, but still, feedback is feedback. Besides, the community manager team could ban the flaggers in case they considered this abuse of the flagging system, apparently they are okay with it, so this feels perfectly fine to me.

I’d see it as sort of an edge case. The issue is still around, Infinity Plus Two promotes loot boxes that do not contain the promised loot every once in a while. And it’s usually what players consider to be the best loot that’s missing, without players being able to know. If there were some proper compensation handling every time this happened, especially for players that spent a lot of money unsuccessfully chasing the non-existent jackpot, I wouldn’t be posting here. Unfortunately Infinity Plus Two insists on handling these incidents by playing dead, they haven’t even yet informed all the players that essentially wasted their money the last time it happened, even though they claimed they would do so.

TL;DR: For some it’s spam, for others it’s a community service that takes a significant amount of effort. Sorry if it bothers you, if you have ideas on how to improve the situation, I’ll be happy to listen.

17 Likes

Sorry @Fourdottwoone but I have to agree with @Maisie on the flags for spamming.

IMHO, one Consumer Alert post a month would be acceptable. But every single week is too much, and therefore crosses the line of spamming.

To be clear, I am NOT defending Infinity Plus Two or 505 Games in any way, shape or form. They have certainly done some things that I don’t agree with, and therefore warrant constructive criticism. That being said, we all must adhere to the Community Guidelines, which state that spamming is not allowed.

2 Likes

The information provided is still useful and relevant. If the post is no longer of interest to you, you could just scroll past it and help newer visitors make a more informed choice.

3 Likes

FYI, if you find a user spamming the same post over and over the forum does have a feature to auto ignore that user. Just saying…

2 Likes

Would be nice if I actually saw some Sparkinator battles after reaching phase 3, since this is the only one that scales this week.

Instead I have been offered numerous lower scoring battles as the best choice, despite the “equal chance of appearing.” :frowning_face:

I know the battle choices aren’t actually random or “equal”, just this World event template is always annoying. Guess we are fortunate it rarely appears :thinking:

It’s also my least favourite type of world event template too for a few reasons

1. purely selfish reason but it means I have to buy a lot of shop tiers on the testing server when I need to try and figure out the scoring ready for the graphics. This in turn means the following week I need to keep logging back out of the regular server to collect tributes to top up my gems

2. It’s not a great format for those who don’t buy shop tiers, at the end of the week, if you miss no valravens then you will of done about 62 battles which means its pretty late in the week before you start seeing the top scoring battle, this is also frustrating if it happens to be a ‘hunting x troop’ campaign task (thankfully this wasn’t the case this week)

3. seeing the higher payout battles early, for me, gives me more incentive to keep playing, when I know I’ve got at least 30 battles to go, it does become a bit of a grind

3 Likes

Very much this :point_up_2:

The disclaimer can hardly be considered spammy when it is posted once weekly during the most relevant corresponding thread, thus allowing newcomers to be aware of the severity of this company’s past practices, so they may then be more informed when deciding to spend.

Another example of a weekly poster in the World Event thread that also helps players is Hawx: while the information she posts is unique to each event, the usefulness to newcomers is in line with Fourdottwoone’s Consumer Alert.

So labeling something as ‘spam’ just because we are aware of the information being conveyed, does seemingly ignore the fact that if even a single customer gets to avoid feeling scammed thanks to the warning, it is worth reminding indefinitely of certain borderline illegal documented facts.

Not to mention that both Hawx and Fourdottwoone’s posts tend to receive more likes from the community than the actual event post itself.

Lastly (but not unsurprisingly): the flagged post continues to be hidden, since no mods have bothered restoring it yet.
:roll_eyes: :man_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

You are comparing apples to oranges here.

Hawx’s posts do not constitute spam, because they contain unique information relevant to the weekly event. On the other hand, Fourdottwoone’s consumer alert posts are exactly the same every single week, therefore that IMO qualifies as spam.

Community service is a great thing, BUT it has to conform with Community Guidelines.

3 Likes

I have addressed the similarities and distinctions in my post above.

If it didn’t, mods would have surely removed it weeks ago.

The fact that it is allowed to persist is self-explanatory.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

And if you look at past weekly event posts, you would see that past consumer alert posts are still shown as flagged, so the mods haven’t yet removed those flags. That tells me that no ruling has been made yet, one way or the other.

If a mod steps in and says that it’s not spam, then I’ll respect their decision. But until then, I stand by my decision (and @Maisie’s decision) to flag these posts as possible spam.

1 Like

It’s entirely reasonable and appropriate to post that warning whenever a bad vendor makes another offer. People should know exactly the chances they are taking and the customer support they won’t receive.

Remember, they could STILL make good on it and the warning would go away. I know, crazy.

The fact nobody even disputes the warning are unfair! It’s some form of Stockholm syndrome.

4 Likes

The minority that feels it necessary to flag posts that are warnings to other players who may be visiting the forums for the first time. Are probably the same type of people who call the police and make noise complaints when they are marginally inconvenienced by police, fire, ambulance, or tornado sirens.

3 Likes

*eyeroll*

2 Likes