My Metal Pony

This is the part I dislike about this week’s event.

1 Like

So someone not getting an expected reward from a game is comparable to: armed robbery, a building burning down, someone being critically injured or a tornado that may destroy a small town.

Nice False Equivalence… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

…or.
I’m equating the warning systems.
In this case players were ripped off. And players attempts to hide it is sad af.
Ignoring the issue does nothing to fix the issue. Nor does suppressing the issue from public knowledge.

If it triggers folks. Just don’t read it. The fact that at least a few players view knowledge as spam is the issue. But flags can result in people getting banned. So because player A doesn’t agree with player B they should be possibly banned from the forums?

Or is the lack of knowledge so vast that those who flag don’t even understand the causative effect of their actions?

Except you’re not, you’re saying that people who object are (I quote)…

… implying that they’re being petty and small minded.

Now if you or Fourdottwoone want to complain about the failure of I+2 to do what they’re supposed to in relation to loot boxes, that’s fine, create a thread and put it there.

But putting the same message, repeatedly, into every Event post, every week is just tiresome and unnecessary and making ridiculous comparisons and sneering comments about people who object, let alone then trying to justify the post by saying “don’t read it” when you can’t ignore a bloody great big multi-coloured banner, isn’t likely to make people want to support your case, because it’s just being a nuisance.

And when you get defensive about it and start using DARVO tactics (Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender) when people object, suggesting that they’re ignorant, that is just going to get others’ backs up even more.

So I suggest that you might like to consider the “causative effect” of your actions and think about whether you’re actually going to get people on your side or alienate them.

6 Likes

“My side” is anti the abuse of the flag system and for freedom of speech so long and it doesn’t hurt anyone.

The rest of your argument is sheer projection and implying vastly too many layers when I simply shared what I felt was an apt comparison of his posts.

They are warnings to other players. Nothing less. Noting more. And any attempt to silence his warnings is a disservice to others for no other reason than certain people are sick of seeing it.

Strangers on the internet liking or disliking my opinion does not ever… Nor will it ever. Alter my opinions. As I hope no one that reads this will ever succumb to such a type of influence. Care what your family and friends think. Not whathat a forums like button tells you.

“Freeze peach”, “it doesn’t hurt anyone”, “projection”, “I was just…”, “silencing”, “my opinions”… Yadda, yadda, yadda.

The same things I’ve seen time and time again from people trying to justify being a jerk and just digging themselves further into a hole because they can’t recognise (or admit to themselves) that they might just have gone a little too far.

I’ve said what needed to be said, please enjoy the last word.

1 Like

From the notification I received it’s something that has to be done by Saltypatra, apparently this wasn’t handed over when she left. It allows me to unflag it myself once, which doesn’t feel like it would serve any good purpose. I doubt there will be any ruling incoming, Infinity Plus Two is avoiding Weavergate like the plague.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve improved my alert post to list the effects past issues would have on the current event chest if they were repeated yet again.

3 Likes