Four Leaf Clover

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/four-leaf-clover/

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Leprechaun

Leprechaun will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Legendary Troop: Tinseltail

Tinseltail will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make her way to Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in the usual 3-4 weeks.

13 Likes

Great troops, looking forward to these ones.

1 Like

I think if we called the leprechaun an elf he will be pretty mad. I’d imagine he has a short temper.

6 Likes

I agree this legendary look nice

An empowered exploder certainly will make things interesting :smiley:

2 Likes

Boost ratio will be?

2 Likes

10 gold equals 1 more green gem to explode.

1 Like

Just in time for guild wars…yay… That’s exactly what defenses needed. More empowered troops. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Wait what?
Empowered explode boosted by gold?
Sounds like a great idea with Greed, Cedrick and the Key.
My battles felt really slow prior with only a small egg thief…

2 Likes

Gold is the new meta.

Also the leprechaun might help replace sunbird with rowanne for fast explores. Something like rowanne / imperial jewel / leprechaun / leprechaun.

5 Likes

The empowered exploder, even with half magic scaling, has enough magic to hit most of the green gems on a given starting board with just magic bonuses even on a normal week (8 gems). Good thing there are three troops that convert out green that are empowered? If only they didn’t all use the same colors…

Personally, I think an empowered exploder troop was a probably a bad idea to have in the PvP/guild wars metagame. This is going to be a divisive troop because it has potential for both setup free spell spam to facilitate quick grinding and RNG heavy agency stripping defenses (where you can easily get cascaded to death even if you convert out all greens and one or two land on the board prior to you dropping your first turn). Well, onwards and upwards I guess.

Lets just make a deal right now that you won’t put this troop in delve rooms, tower, invasion or raids. Right? Right?

Oh, and Tinseltail looks ok I guess.

15 Likes

This is exactly the kind of thing I was imagining with another troop the other day, can’t remember what.

We all know how it’s going to be when he’s in use.
Starting board…

Offense: Where are the greens? :thinking:

Defense: Why does the board look like the hulk? :thinking:

Happy guild wars :joy:

14 Likes

I think leprechaun will shine more in non-gold teams that gold based teams. It’s basically an empowered MC for green (already a plus 1). And it doesnt really need to explode more green that it does from base value. Whereas egg-thief/bronzelock clearly gain a lot of value at high gold, Leprechaun doesnt.

It is however a lot more splashable. As i said, Empowered MC. Hero can be any weapon now, and not worry about the loss of mana from no MC.

As for the legendary… Not bad in looks. terrible in ability. A 12.5% chance to just give 4 magic?
If it had a mandatory explosion instead of a mandatory magic buff, i might use it… but i’m not even going to waste event keys on it.

A small mis-interpretation there.

+4 magic is a given with 50% chance of the 3 abilities each.

An empowered exploder?
Well, this should be a fun week!

Could have saved him for St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th.

1 Like

Irish they saved him for St. Patrick’s Day too.

7 Likes

I guess don’t forget that Tinseltail has a third trait that mirrors that of a mythic (Suna).

Wow, what a clover pun!

12 Likes