My civilized (sorta) rant

I just want to add my 2 cents.

I tend to keep myself out of nerf (or buff) discussions since I see a value in any troop and I rarely meet the “OP” guys (especially Famine). Playing Explore most of the time and avoiding GW and PVP (unless Snotstone-relevant) disqualifies me from most discussions here.

Regarding devour, I agree with @Jainus and @Gouki the most. 40% or 50% doesn’t make much of a difference.

Sometimes I wish Devour was changed to something like “If this ability kills an opponent, devour him instead.” That would make it at least predictable and less random. I’m not a fan of letting a coin or a dice decide matches.

Regarding mythics, I’m actually glad if a mythic is either “trash” or “situational at best”. Because that means I don’t get a disadvantage for not owning it. I’m not in an active guild, getting mythics is pretty impossible for me.

1 Like

This has happened to me so many times I have caught myself screaming at the game. I also had a game where the opponents kraken devoured me twice in a row and my Kerberos didn’t devour it three times WTF really not good. ALso it seems when certain opponents are able to make gems appear they invariably get 4 and 5 matches even when there are very few of the color on the board and when I use the same card I’ve had trouble making 4 and 5 gem matches with 15 gems on board impossible?!?! Also very annoying

I can get Draco’s to disintegrate on my PC roughly 2 times for every 10 casts. On console I swear he is currently bugged on my account. 100+ casts and no disintegration

1 Like

i doubt it, @Vangor probably just didnt wanna see that players face or condemn another of his gorilla kin to be presented with one, is it tasty? is it pleasant to hear? is it pleasant to look at? kittens on the other hand may have it :stuck_out_tongue:

and about the rant… ill add my little rant…
please nerf pc stats coz im hating those overbuffed orcs :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t see that thread. Any thread I make now complaining about troops will just be complaning I don’t anymore nerfs now I think everything is ok now.

2 Likes

Annnnnd… Here we go again… Now i see a thread that is complaining that kerby and kraken get too many devours… (But only when used by the ai cuz when they use them they never devour)

I suspect there will be people crying out to nerf an already useless kerby and to nerf kraken while we are at it…

In the same thread someone said that tds and IK respawn too much so lets all start a rabble to get them added to the nerf list as well…

What people fail to realize is that when you nerf cards to the point of uselessness THEY ARE USELESS FOR YOU TOO!!! why is that so goddamn hard to comprehend?

A new mythic came out today and most of the comments about him are “hes ok but not awesome” or “he has sime potential to be good with the right team” both of which i agree with and i see that as a problem…

But with the way everyone wants everything handed to them on a golden plate by a servant anymore its probably for the better because if infernus was actually mythic he would be nerfed probably almost immediately (ahem famine ahem)

P.S. before ppl start posting protestations that they dont want to live in a nerfed world when i said everyone i didnt mean literally everyone

1 Like

You referenced my post incorrectly, I’m not calling a nerf for anything, nor have I called for a nerf for anything… Ever.

I stated an observation, it’s as simple as that.

I think the fact that apparently Kerby/Kraken have a different devour rate when used in defense, and that TDS/IK respawn too much on defense, is perfect proof that people have confirmation bias. I think as soon as anyone claims that they should just be banned from the forums as someone that’s clearly a conspiracy theorist nut job.

By the way, this is also exactly the reason why gem spawning is not “truly random”. If it were, people would lose their mind about the game cheating (which they already do enough of even though it’s cheating in their favor.)

Read my post again brudda i didnt say you wanted a nerf i stated that you said tds and ik respawn too much… Tbh i didnt even look at who posted it…

I added the sarcastic lets nerf them

If my post wasnt clear enough i apologize but i stand by what i said

I think you are joking but if not i disagree with this…ppl have the right to speak their mind as long as they do not violate the rules

Yes, I’m being facetious, to some extent, as usual. But it seems like a pretty good barometer of someone’s opinion that I should ignore.

1 Like

Honestly, I was in that thread from the beginning and I didn’t see anyone asking for a nerf. The OP said that the rate was higher than 40% based on his tracking. He didn’t ask for anything to be done or suggest that anything should be. He was pretty clear that he wasn’t using devour troops himself and was only tracking devours attempts against him. I think the logical thing would be, if it can be convincingly shown that devour rates are not as advertised, that the bug be fixed so the troops work as advertised.

I really think you’re getting worked up about nothing on this one…

1 Like

Ditto to everything.

I Thinking exactly that, but on my phone passed on all that typing. :grinning:

You are absolutely correct which is why i said

I suspect there will be people crying out to nerf an already useless kerby and to nerf kraken while we are at it…

I base this supposition on things like this

I tried to ask questions about accuracy and sample size and the response was and i am paraphrasing “my numbers are accurate and sample size is fine because i said so”

When you title a thread “lets talk numbers” and then refuse to actually talk numbers all you are looking for is an echo chamber populated by only those who agree with you

Those are the threads that tend to start “nerf the world” threads which is why i took issue with the whole thing

And btw i didnt start out worked up this was my first post on that thread

1 Like

I guess I see your frustration, but one person coming in and saying “devour works for the AI but not for me” shouldn’t taint the whole thread for you.

When (I thought) the OP said they tracked 8000 fights to get 110 devour attempts, I was really quite impressed. When I found out that he had no idea how many fights it actually took, I was less impressed, but still give him some credit for tracking that as well as he could. I still think if it helps to inspire more people to actually track some results, it would be a good thing to throw back at people that complain based on their recall bias, or to inform the devs if it turns out that things are actually bugged.

2 Likes

Of course @Stan you are 100% correct and i am done ranting for now… Heh music really does calm the raging beast…

Only last thing i will say is i swear to FSM (may he grace us with his noodles) that more nerfs will cause me to quit GoW immediately and permanently

1 Like

I jumped all over someone a couple days ago for suggesting that nerfing Mab was the way to solve the Justice problem on console. DON’T F___ WITH MY MAB!

2 Likes

Heh yeah i saw that lol i was like " whaaaa? Yo @Stan be trippin on dis fool" lol

1 Like

This thought popped into my head once, and then I immediately shot it down. I will concede the fact that the enemy IK and TDS respawn way more than mine do when I’m attacking. The worst I’ve had is one TDS respawn 4 times (I know a guild mate has had 5. I’m sure there are more out there).

However… this game is currently very easy to win on offense, with most people probably at least 95% win rate. I think people don’t see their TDS and IK respawn upon death, because they simply just don’t die.

2 Likes