My civilized (sorta) rant

The weekly stats boost for troops are the only thing keeping this game from devolving into about 4 different defense teams only… I think its great that different troops get boosts every week even if sometimes some of them have 50%

I can take down any troop 130 armor or not… That is what i meant when i said “get better”

What? A troop has 130 and 105 life with an attack stat of 68? Then. Defeat. It. Dont say “iTs NoT fAiR tHe StAtS aReToO hIgH”

Stop complaining and figure out how to beat it. Maybe use cyclops. This week he gets a 50% boost. Mine does 86 damage when i cast his spell… For 11 mana! Are you kidding me?

Bottom line… There is an answer. You may just have to work for it…

1 Like

Don’t feel bad, the same exact thing happened to me today. I finally whittled the Ai down to one Kerberos but his 50% summon ability brought back 3 Wargs.

Yes, and I’ll use it to answer you in a more civilized way ( I mean less agressivity) I am like you I win every battle against orcs with boosts against scale guardian, against astral spirit, against death, famine, kerb etc… Put me troops with 200 defence 300 life I’m ok. I’ll win. My thread it’s not about that it’s about balance, about equilibrium. Making troops op is not good for the game because people leaves, how many threads I have read about people leaving because of the metas which are all the time the same thing. Now you can agree or not but agressivity is only hurting yourself.

Great post @Vangor, I am 110% with you, thank you man! :slight_smile:
I lost 4 battles in GW this week, but I dont come here on the boards and crying around. I used to have 100% or maybe 1 lose per GW weeks before this week.
Surely I vent, but I heard there was a bug with stats for PC, and Orcs pretty strong with the 50% in addition. So it is not easy to go full daily color team against them.

3 Likes

The boosts are about the only thing that diverts from the meta… Dont you see that?

Besides… The boosts only last a week. Im not sure what you meanby balance or equilibrium when the boosts only last 1 week…

3 Likes

If we can talk in a peaceful way I’ll be glad to have this debate with you Angor. In my opinion, you are right, it’s only one week, it’s what I thought last week with astral spirits week, (it’s ok I don’t like this astral spirit week but it’s only for one week) and when this one finished, I see the grosh nak week, with his infinite loops and I think to myself ( omg another week I won’t enjoy) even if I win. Maybe it’s bad luck, let’s see next week, maybe it’s only those 2 consecutive weeks and that’s it. I add to this post I didn’t know there was a bug when I wrote my thread , if I would have known, I probably wouldn’t wrote it.

@beanie42 did a quick analysis of the PvP defend teams. Showing it does have an effect reducing the number of similar powerhouse meta teams. Like 25%? I Can’t find the link now.

1 Like

I would take 25% less justice Anytime

2 Likes

Am i not being peaceful in my posts? The things i have said to you have been pretty tame by my usual standards

It might have been this that he was referring to:

That could sound a little on the aggressive side.

1 Like

Well @Stan you’re right (as usual) but by my normal standards it is pretty tame. I stand by what i said and how i said it

1 Like

Oh sure, you only promised to be sorta civilized anyway.

1 Like

Lol thats true

“get better”

Where’s your guild at these days? somewhere between “buried” and “face down” still?

Look, you’re not anywhere near top 3. The Devs don’t care about you.

And nobody cares about you… Why dont you do the world a favor and go play in the tiger cage at the zoo

To make your point, you mentioned the tiger cage rather than the gorilla enclosure. Proof that down deep you really do know that Kittens > Gorillas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for the rest of your rant, meh. Agree with some, disagree with some, but at the end of the day the forums aren’t going to change. Probably better to work on staying zen while wading through dumb posts, rather than getting frustrated trying to make everybody else as smrt as you…

4 Likes

Thank you @beanie42 and you are right… Sometimes kittens are > than gorillas but i dont have a concept for zen… I have tried and failed many times to comprehend zen. It just doesn’t fit me tbh

As far as making the forums as smart as me i feel you’re having a go at me brudda lol. As if i was smart… Im a gorilla remember🙈

2 Likes

Your example about Kerberos was reported by some players before the nerf so I don’t think the nerf kills this troop.
Same for Famine if you don’t care about him, it can be deadly (like one-shooting your summoner…).
If these 2 troops are everywhere (aside the weekly META), it’s obviously because they are more powerful than others. Of course, it will be better to boost the 300+ other troops to get them at their level, but sadly, it’s not feasible in a short amount of time and

I don’t like too the Event bonus and so on I agree with @parnacius. Yes it’s only one week but after one day I’m already bored to play against them because mainly the fight is stupidly longer: is it really fun to fight against troops with a 50% bonus? Not for me. In this game, higher difficulty means only higher stats which is for me an artificial way to increase difficulty… Not my cup of tea.
Moreover, if all the troops were perfectly balanced a 10% or 25% should be enough to make a difference.
And do the Orcs really need a boost this week to be powerful? Let’s see next week.

There is one point that wasn’t that much discuss but it seems to me that gem genrators are quite problematic which was one issue with Gar’Nok this week: he can loop and fills all the troops. It happens to cast once during my battles and only stops because of a skull. And that time he casted 5 times in a row. So it seems that gem generators are too good now. My assumption is that before the patch for example if you cast Jarl, he could put Red gems on Red gems and Yellow on Yellow gems and Yellow gems on the new Red gems. But now it seems to work differently as this kind of troops became super reliable.

Last point about META

I think it’s one other reason why we have META: players are lazy and don’t care about their defense and so, keep their working-for-a-time defense teams. I’m quite sure that other teams can be deadly but players just put a well-known powerful defense team and that’s all. As I said, you can build a gem generator loop team and be sure, it can be also deadly.

Turintuor I couldn’t say it better :slight_smile:

To be clear my pvp defense is 4x orc veteran… My GW defense is my lazy famine team

1 Like