[More info added] 6.7 Max Level/Traits/Ascensions is still applied when clicking No

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android 11 (English)

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was exploring the new troop upgrade UI and tapped the “Max Level, Traits, and Ascensions” button to see the user experience. I answered “No” when asked if I was sure but the game took my resources and performed the upgrade anyway. Of course, it happened to be a Guild Wars reward troop so its traits required many more stones than a regular troop. Please refund these resources to me!

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I only tried it once and I don’t have any other troops that I want to upgrade right now. It started happening on version 6.7.

Steps to make it happen again
Open an upgradeable troop. Click “More Upgrades” and then “Max Level, Traits, and Ascensions”. Answer “No” when asked if you are sure. Watch the upgrade happen anyway.

1 Like

Hey, are you playing the game in English or another language? (if so which one?). I just tested this and my troop wasn’t upgraded and no resources were taken.

Hello, I am playing the game in English. I subsequently spent some Chaos Shards on faction troops so that I have something to upgrade again and I cannot reproduce, either.

I can’t imagine it would make a difference, but are you able to test with a Guild Wars troop (Peryton)? Also, it happened to me before I downloaded the new assets for 6.7 (which I also doubt would matter but I am trying to provide as much info as possible).

I don’t know what kind of server-side logging the game keeps but are you able to see anything if I can provide a specific time for the original occurrence of the issue? It would have been about 17:40 CST on December 12.

It looks like you confirmed the action in the pop up window in the logs.

I will keep an eye out for any further reports of this, but I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue and seems like you haven’t either so you may have misclicked? (It happens to the best of us).

I try to be very purposeful and thoughtful when testing new game features but it is possible that the mistake was mine. When the logs say that I confirmed the troop upgrade, I cannot repro, and no one else has reported the same behavior, then that seems like the most logical explanation. Thanks for looking into it and I am sorry if it was a false alarm.

2 Likes

If you see it happen again let me know of course, I think right now we’ll consider it a potential misclick or an extreme edge case - if we get more reports we’ll make note!