Lyya's artwork!

With those eyebrows… WoW elf of some kind? Night (or Blood) Elf Rogue maybe?

Yup! It’s Valeera Sanguinar, and she’s the poster girl rogue.

I love the action pose on this one. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m pushing myself to try new things each time. Eventually I’ll hit a wall, but so far it’s been fun (if uncomfortable) to push my limit.

2 Likes

That’s the most fun part :smiley: It’s also when you’ll make your best art.

2 Likes

Not sure how interested you are in (I hope) constructive criticism, so sorry if this offends at all…

I’m not sure her left arm (behind her) is quite right - seems too short and too much angled behind her to me. I tried that pose just now (okay so I may not be quite as flexible as an Elvish rogue) and I think, if you look at the line of her shoulders, it’s diagonal at about 35degrees from the vertical, so her arm should be further to the right in this picture…

Just my two cents. Glad if helpful. Ignore if not.

You might be right! I modeled this after this pose, but the person in question is…hyper-flexible, clearly…

Though on second observation it’s possible her left hand is bent too far after all. I’ll try a correction. Thanks!

2 Likes

Your head seems a bit bigger, or maybe it’s the hair and shoulder pads concealing stuff… but the left arm in the photo seems longer…?

PS: actually I looked just like that just now…

Contrary to @Jainus, I think your anatomy is pretty good. Also elves are probably crazy bendy.

How is her left foot flat on the floor?!? (Your drawn version seems much more plausible in that respect.)

Yeah, it hurts me to even look at it…I think this is one of those cases where if I drew it that way, people would tell me it’s not physically possible! Stranger than fiction?

3 Likes

Today’s progress…

10 Likes

Looking good… gonna be fun playing around with different colours?

Well, she’s a lore character with canonical armor and therefore well-defined colors, but yeah…this is gonna be a really difficult coloring job just because of all the details.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52ea1090e4b091a855e331e1/55a0b349e4b0ce065f341c8c/56f6738cf8baf33251b4d584/1509495950139/valeera2.png

Here’s my latest before bed.

3 Likes

Sure… but even more fun can happen when you start to play with different ones… look what happened with Mercy :slight_smile:

First pass at flat coloring done. Lesson learned: Valeera really likes red. Mono red. I’m going to have my work cut out for me in shading this.

Started shading and highlighting. This is gonna take multiple passes to get it right…

5 Likes

I love the colours and skin paint. Can’t wait to see the shadows and highlights!

The only thing I could recommend doing it having one bolder line to outline the hair instead of lots of sketchy ones, I think it distracts from the shading and rest of the piece.

I will do a pass over the line art after the first shading pass to remove a lot of the noise.

Speaking of which…first pass is this,

7 Likes

Any thoughts on this background?

Or:

3 Likes