Lets discuss conspiracy in a civilized manner

@Vangor to limit your collection of waifus. That’s why.

Also I’m impressed by how civilized this thread is and I’m really enjoying it. Learning more about flat earth theory is kinda cool.

9 Likes

@Saltypatra I agree.

In addition reading about peoples opinion of conspiracy theories is a generally a lot of harmless fun. Unless you are a believer and have political power: for example like in the ‘Salem Witch Trials’.

1 Like

About flat Earth, the main issue is the border of the world. Below their explanation:
“The earth is surrounded on all sides by an ice wall that holds the oceans back. This ice wall is what explorers have named Antarctica. Beyond the ice wall is a topic of great interest to the Flat Earth Society. To our knowledge, no one has been very far past the ice wall and returned to tell of their journey. What we do know is that it encircles the earth and serves to hold in our oceans and helps protect us from whatever lies beyond.”
Many explorers go through the South Pole… so argument invalid.
And no border, no flat Earth.

At least Discwrold provides a funniest version of a flat world :stuck_out_tongue: .

4 Likes

Forgive me but… What does waifus mean?

What i wonder about flat earth is… What is on the other side? You know… The bottom of the flatness? Like if we flipped this biznitch over what would we find? Bugs? Demons? Or worse… Politicians?

2 Likes

Ok i did a little google-fu and found this as a definition of waifus…

(fandom slang) A fictional female character from non-live-action visual media (typically an anime, manga, or video game) to whom one is attracted and, in some cases, whom one considers a significant other

And my apologies but i am completely unfamiliar with anime or manga so i still dont get it… @Saltypatra please help

I’m actually struggling to think of a way to describe this succinctly…

I was pretty much just being cheeky and alluding to the fact that you were going to use your likes to curry favours and add girls to your waifu collection. Typically the term is bandied around by weaboos (anime fans) to talk about the fictional characters they would marry. However, it is finding it’s place more and more among everyday slang as a way to say that you like someone and would jokingly marry them. Here is an example from the other day.

Me: That smells really good Lila.
@Lila36 : is microwaving food Oh I made it myself.
Me: Be my waifu plz.

Or…

Me: I really like Sephiroth.
@Vexx : Would you say he is your waifu?
Me: He is my husbando.

This has been your lesson on animu culture for today.

7 Likes

Lol i see… Thank you for the beginning of my anime education @Saltypatra and if i had any likes left i would use one😝

2 Likes

This was a true story. It happened. XD

5 Likes

Do NOT reply to this threat, Vangor is data mining all replies!!!

1 Like

who says moon is even real? :sweat_smile:
(says the proud round-earther)

2 Likes

Here is one that i love and i wanted to share! It may of particular interest to our resident dinosaur aficionado @Eika

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/pyramids-were-built-with-help-from-dinosaurs-claims-top-egyptologist/

4 Likes

Such a good one! :wink:

1 Like

Omg all makes sense now!

2 Likes

I have been trying to find a conspiracy theory that i find plausible and so far… Bubkis lol

Edit: Maybe JFK but thats a deep deep rabbit hole to fall down

Called it. Knew this would go places where I would be forced to choose between either a futile internet debate or muting the thread. :wink: Bye!

1 Like
2 Likes

Hey @Saltypatra I run an Otaku Club at my school!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@beanie42 i am definitely not trying to start any debates im just pointing out and discussing these things i find interesting.

While i would love to hear everyone’s thoughts i certainly respect anyones wish to abstain from the conversation :wink:

That being said this thread has been very civil and therefore fun for me thus far but this promise i do make: if this topic ever devolves to anger, hostility, or ppl being mean to each other i will meme-bomb my own thread into oblivion :smiling_imp: one would hope it never comes to that tho​:sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Strat thank you for reminding me of the origin of the term “conspiracy theories” as it happens to be one i do find credible +1 to you brudda!:beer:

2 Likes