Let's add Magic to the list of things to review

I can’t read half of A.W. Ryan’s stats because “hey let’s put thin-weight very-pale text on top of backgrounds with unpredictable colors this is a great idea”.

We learned this lesson months ago, I wonder how long before the devs learn it?

2 Likes

That’s exactly why we have very different opinions on what the game should offer. No use trying to steer either side of the argument. We are playing 2 very different games.

Razzagor I didn’t mean that I want more magic kingdoms. Not at all. If it were up to me I wouldn’t even put a new kingdom on a schedule for a long time. There are much more important things to do than releasing new troops. Like overhauling some of the older ones, removing the DB from the arena, rebalancing rewards for 2 new time-sink modes, removing many annoying bugs etc. I just wanted to say, that if you look at these old troops they seem weak, but they can still have their uses. But if you’re in a casual guild and you don’t have magic bonus from kingdoms it makes them mostly unusable.

5 Likes

Not a fan of gray on gray? Lol.
Agreed = :person_facepalming:

1 Like

On the contrary, i believe there is a common ground to be found. The “root” of the problem if you prefer. I see the multitudes of perspectives as an opportunity to give “enough love” for all players instead of foccusing only on what i like or dislike. But if you don’t want to discuss, that’s fine by me. It’ll surely save time for us both.

Sorry about that, my example was really incomplete in this sense. I mentioned extra Magic to make a point about the ramifications of picking single cases of past experiences as common ground for future balance. Similar to Awryan experience with Fire Giant.

About the rest of your points i agree mostly. I see GoW with some of my experience with CCGs (Collectible Card Games) mostly MtG (Magic the Gathering) and both games share some issues. Obsolescence is one, but MtG sometimes “rescues” some old cards when they add a new one that makes some combo. Their R&D (Research and Development) have long plans in this sense to playtest and foresee some issues within each released set, but lately they failed spetacularly…

What the devs of GoW lack in this sense is mostly due to their small team and the very fact they make weekly releases, constantly pilling up new variables on top of the current problems. Without room to make some reworks which are much needed, specially now with Raids and Invasions requiring specific sets of troops. Well, we know that Ninhaim is leading the reworks of troops, but eventually, if things keep going like this, she’ll need to review some kingdoms/troops again unless they make a bigger plan covering future releases.

4 Likes

Are you arguing the fact that I think it’s useless to argue with you?
Is this seriously happening?
ea28f4b57b99ab1260bbbcd4ca166076

2 Likes

Yes. I believe there is something to be gained for both of us if we try to understand different perspectives, that’s how people discuss things you know?

Edit: But i imagine you are not interested, which is fine, so i’ll leave the thread at that.

3 Likes

2.5 years later.
The magic was reviewed.

And even with a 10% buff this week, it’s still not game breaking despite being now double the magic that it was back then.

(I just randomly remembered this thread existed, you’re welcome for the necro. :wink:)