Less magic, less power / hero megabuff

The Developers didn’t intend the Heroes to be as strong as Mythic Troops.

I believe the bug, showed them how much, even end game players, want to play with their heroes.

Hopefully, the coming buff to Heroes will help with your team and with your fun. I know I want to see all the hero weapons reworked so that each class feels unique and fun. I like seeing teams with heroes and variety!

3 Likes

This entire thread is so ridiculous, it is sublime.

1 Like

I have to ask this then because I am spending a lot of time, gold, souls and traitstones on Hero and am 382, working to get to level 500.

What is the point of Hero including all the lovely classes - costing a crapload of souls to get to 20th level per class (Mythic last I check) + Traits that are requiring more arcane and runic stones than most out of the box mythics, if not to become and be Mythics in their own right?

I already notice that 9 out of the 10 teams I take on in PVP do not include a hero. (Kudos to the people who do play heros) I personally would love to see some additional points for seals - focused on Heros. I would love to see more points awarded for Hero PVP teams.

However, if it is true that Heros are never meant to be as powerful as Mythic created troops, I would really like to understand the reason behind that - for a game that is supposedly about the Hero and quests.

4 Likes

They chose to buff the hero’s a couple weeks after that post of mine. They saw how popular the heroes were while they were bugged, getting the double bonuses, that they went and buffed them.

One of the best aspects of this game is that the developers are willing to make changes that benefit the community, even if they aren’t things they planned for at the start.

2 Likes

The Hero is used in a lot of my teams. I’ve built a team around each class that tries to make use of team bonuses with the third perk, the class’ third trait and the mythic class weapon.

While it’s true that none of those teams are actually competitive, it’s a lot of fun to use. I use a team with Warlord’s battlecry and Faunessa to easily farm in Grosh-Nak. The necromancer team focuses on easy kills with Death Mark and tries to make use of “Doom”.

I have a Divine team with the Priest class that is very good for invades but in the interest of full disclosure the team contains a base Mythic AND a fully-traited Guardian.

1 Like

I guess it’s also fair to point out that the Hero is the only card in the game that can provide complete mana coverage via either Imperial Jewel or Prismatic Orb. No other card can literally fit in any line-up.

In my Divine team, the Hero is not first-line by any means but he’s not removable either because there’s no other troup that can sit behind the Mythic and still be filled with mana on a regular basis.

Maybe I don’t understand the limitations or maybe I am just willing to die a little more often in PVP than others. My Hero has been always in my lineup. In fact she’s primary reason I do most of anything these days.

Now granted I am picky about who I will PVP against and I have been told (and kicked out of a guild for it) that I am too new to be doing any strategy advice but I have made it to 382 level -with all classes at 20th level in less than 6 months playing. I don’t follow the normal path that others do (heck I find this spending tons of gold on kingdoms to 10th level a bit crazy honestly)

My primary team has pretty much been this up until very recently

Archon Status
Hero (was doing Assassin class until I got traited in my Priest class and the DIVINE won)
Centaur Scout
Gorgon.

When Everyone BUT gorgon went to Legendary and was closing in on Mythic expect Gorgon (which was a silly post about moving him out of the team) is when I moved in Paladin… and Got Soul Blade.

Then my team has been

Archon
Soul Blade
Paladin
Templar

And when The Devoted when to Mythic fully traited I swapped out Templar for her.

I have some other teams that I recently in the last month as I get troops to mythic level start dabbling in.

But I still primary play only hero.

Just curious, have you ever really used a soul generator?

1 Like

What I meant is that, in my Divine team, the Hero isn’t the primary damage dealer or mana generator. The primary damage dealer is the Mythic and the primary mana generator is the Guardian. However, the hero is still indispensable because he’s the only troop that can soak up ALL left over mana and convert it, in this case, into AOE damage to kill off anything left after the Mythic does his job.

Other than this role, though, I don’t use the hero for much. I have too many other cards that are just flat-out more powerful.

1 Like

Such as Val or Acolyte? Ayup - when I go soul farming specifically I swap out Devoted for one of those depending on the team I am going against.

During PVP I tend to hedge my team towards winning not so much soul farming but with 100-120 out of a win. But again, to me I am fine with that. When I want to do more during Explore I use another one of my teams.

Actually for me - she is the primary killing machine. I make sure of that because soul blade gets 10 per hit. I have been unhappy when Archon has taken away my last 10 because of skulls :wink:

I have Paladin charged up sitting and Archon charged up sitting but for the most part - Archon is my brick wall. Devoted is the one I keep charged to keep everyone clean and armored and my soul blade is stealing souls :slight_smile: in PVP

I replace Devoted with either Val or Acolyte when I am out exploring since most of those teams I don’t have real issues with…Even if Queen Mab comes up or EK comes up. It’s the wonky PVP teams that I have to worry about with Hero.

1 Like