Leonis Empire: NEW Pet on June 10 - please

Although your logic here is true, the devs have stated on stream multiple times that cosmetic pets are never designed to be requirements for Power star upgrades, but rather shortcuts/early-access to Power stars ahead of schedule. By that logic, Alex should not be the third required pet for Power 19 (although it fills that role just fine).

Exactly. The devs long ago designed where every pet is going go. And given that they don’t significantly change a system once in place, the patterns in place with pet releases since the launch of the system have been very consistent.

To date, there is a clear design pattern towards three consistent pets per kingdom:

• One pet that buffs a kingdom’s troops
  • One pet that buffs a specific troop type
  • One matching faction Underworld pet

There are also some “miscellaneous” pets that skirt these rules, but all of these pets were the one-offs, such as mana mastery, XP, and Gold pets that came with the system’s launch. After the initial pet launch, all of the pets released have fit very tightly into the above framework.

I’ve been keeping track of the releases, and as of right now, two-thirds of the pets have been released to fill out that framework. Adding in known future pet future spoiler information (with counting Talon as a cosmetic), brings the total number of known pets to 81% of all the expected pets using the above framework. Also, of note, that using known spoiler information, all remaining kingdoms that are still missing its kingdom buff pet are already mapped in the game files and are waiting to be released.

Given this information, while the devs are free to change the rules any time they desire, their strong penchant for not altering a system that has long been in place makes me extremely dubious that any further changes will be coming to the pet assignment system. It’s just far too late into its implementation for that to happen. The devs are likely working on the next system and are just letting the pet system run its designed lifespan.

I remember, and its pretty safe to say at this point that this idea is long dead and buried. That idea died when the concept of pets that buffed status effects (remember the discussion around a pet that was going to buff poison damage/round?) was shelved. Pet collection ended up being little more than another required time-gated roadblock to control kingdom advancement and troop stat powercreep, a shame from the likely initial design of the system.

Yes, but I seriously doubt it’s going to happen. I don’t believe the game is coded for to allow that currently. Also at this point in the game, if that kind of a second similar buff were to occur, it would be released as some kind of medal and not a pet. That appears to be the direction the game is going, moving forward with buffs, outside of any curveballs 5.0 decides to throw at players.