Late is the Hour

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/late-is-the-hour/

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Stormcrow The Stormcrow will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. World Event: A Chaos of Crows There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Stormcrow, Metztli,…

2 Likes

grafik

The loot table for troops in Suncrest event chests is expected to look like this:

Chance Amount Troop
0.11% 1 Phoenicia, Quetzalma, Zilopochtli
3.2% 1 Garuda, High Priestess Ch’azka, Taloca
12% 1 Ixchel, Metztli, Pavos Dawnwind, Prince Azquila, Stormsinger, Strygik, Swanmay, Tezca, Totec
21.6% 1 Harpy Eagle, Jaguar Warrior, Lyriath, Ostryx, Stormcrow, Sunbird, Sylph, Wind Archer
21.6% 2 Eagle Owl, Heronath, Owleth
21.49% 3 Chupacabra

Event chests don’t contain faction troops, guild wars troops, doom troops, tarot cards and special soulforge troops, even though the official Game Guides suggest otherwise. They have been configured incorrectly in the past. Infinity Plus Two doesn’t compensate for keys wasted due to their mistakes. If you plan to spend a large amount of keys, make sure what you are looking for has already been found by other players.

7 Likes

No hidden secret mechanics this time?

Just asking right away.

It doesn’t sound like it but also didn’t sound like it last time…

5 Likes

Hey!

I’ve reached out to the development team and they’ve let me know that they have not made any changes to how this runs :slight_smile:

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

8 Likes

This looks like a higher tier buy in already but we will see.

WHY is it not possible for the OP to put these in a sensible order?! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes
  • Zilopochtli: 21 points
  • Dread Stormcrow: 20 points
  • Gloom Leaf: 15 points
  • Vrawk Daemon: 12 points
  • Stormcrow: 10 points
  • Metztli: 6 points

All base points before possible multiplier.

11 Likes

No changes to how previous events with a similar format (three rounds with progressively more types of enemies) worked? Or no changes from the previous chronological event (last week’s experiment?)

6 Likes

We’ll have to wait until Friday to find out an answer. Can’t let us know what the magic 8 ball has decided too soon.

4 Likes

Has anyone done the math? To me it looks like the Stormcrows might be worth the most because of the variables, but it could be Zilo makes more… @_@

Every battle can drop more than the base amount. I just put the battles into ascending to descending order of base points.

I always go for the battle that’ll give the most points, whether it’s a Mythic like Zilo or the featured troop like Stormcrow. I was frustrated when I fought Inari only 2 or 3 times even after I bought up to T3 and that’s including the Valravens. I was :rage: after finding out what the devs were doing behind our backs because I imagine most of us couldn’t close the Event.

2 Likes

@Fourdottwoone As you seems to be the expert on how Gary’s bot work, what wisdom do you have for us on this?

Screenshot_2023-02-06-14-09-39-79_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912

Tier 5 requirement is official? That’s worse than last week, better create a bug report for that! :scream:

You said the bot gather all the data of all players who play since the reset, so it’s undoubtedly scientifically reliable even this early, right?

Last week was different with “rare battle” term, which they changed how it work without telling us, leading to the whole mess.

This week, it’s only full ranged with phasing, no vaguely term, everything is quite clear. And with official assurance that nothing’s change, I don’t see any reason to be worried, for now.

Bot’s calculations are reliable only after players start reaching the minimum score required. It usually takes 2-3 hours after reset for first players to do so; the calculation is not reliable before then. At the time I’m writing this, the highest score is 358, while we need 1134 per person and it’s been less than half an hour since reset time.

2 Likes

Oh hell no, are you serious? Yes, create that bug report, and tear the roof off because this is ridiculous. This cannot be the norm. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sweat_smile::rage:

The bot gathers data on how many battles it took players to reach those 1,134 points, then calculates the average. It starts out on a worst case assumption as long as there aren’t any players around who have reached those 1,134 points yet, then gradually homes in.

4 Likes

For reference, I am not worried or concerned and will deal with whatever the next twist is. However, the wording in the message of assurance, from @OminousGMan, is not clear. If one makes assumptions, which seems imprudent after last week, it may seem perfectly clear, but the statement by itself does not stand alone.

1 Like

Just the standard list of unfixed bugs, it seems.

The battles are not listed in order of the points awarded, but the order presented does follow some logic.
The presented order is based on when the battles will be available. First two scores listed are for the first 15 battles, then the first four scores for the next 15 battles, then all six scoring options available.

1 Like