Journey Event Scoring and Pathfinder Troop Rebalance information

How did purple journey went before self-loopers appeared? Nobody played it? Or any other color?

There have been 2 events before the current type of pathfinders. Those have been awful cash (gem) grabs. With the introduction of Chalcedony and the new troops it became one of the best events in the game until last time. Now it’s awful again because of the unnecessary and far to extreme nerf.

I wouldn’t say best - they were still tedious. But not as bad as they’re now.

There were fewer reward tiers and it was still bad.

There were two events without self-loopers, Purple Undead (featuring Deathclaw) and Brown Elemental (featuring Hawthorn). Both were run under the old event format.

Things to note:

• Both events offered a large number of troops to pick from, with viable troops among them. The upcoming Purple Wargare limits to roughly a dozen troops, all of them pretty much useless at higher event levels.
  • You only needed half as many fights to complete all rewards, at which point you were getting close to hitting the brick wall due to scaling. Journey only really becomes unplayable once you reach the second half of fights added by the new event format.
  • You could use Deathclaw and Hawthorn without having a death wish. Using the new Pathfinder spell at higher levels has a high chance of losing the battle, so you now have to build your team with just three troops instead of four.
5 Likes

i will say its been nice in pvp not encountering pathfinders, and watching an fmv. this issue with journey is the points requires and the 10 turn limit imposed

3 Likes

The Hawthorn event was green, rather than brown elementals. Gobtruffle could be used.

Hey everyone,

The team have been looking at the Journey event scoring, difficulty and reward tier requirements.

Currently, we will be collecting more data from next week’s Journey event (depending on how that goes we may get data from the following Journey event as well), before we will look at which tweaks to make to things to improve the Journey experience.

1 Like

… so there’s no changes for this next one?

1 Like

I did some testing yesterday using the available troops and weapons for the upcoming Journey event by using them in Delve level 500 fights and even though battles will be manageable to win, after certain enemy HP level players will most definitely lose miles by taking more than 10 turns. There is very little to work with in order to to counter that. :neutral_face:

9 Likes

So NO buying the Headstart, that works for me :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Tier 3. Get the weapon. Help the guild get the main rewards. Done.

1 Like

Translation:

“We are totally fine with that you now have to put in double the effort and pay twice as much to reach the same rewards as before. This was the intention all along, we designed this game, we are perfectly aware how much the Pathfinder nerf crippled the Journey event at higher levels. We are still looking into shop sales number, they went up significantly due to most guilds trying to compensate. There’s likely room to squeeze out more there, so we’ll make the upcoming Journey event even more punishing. Depending on how that goes, we may look into adding weapon restrictions on top. Have a great next week!”

Of course, there’s also option that all our feedback went straight to the bin and the plan is to keep telling us this needs collecting more data. Pick your poison.

24 Likes

It is very simple for devs to place any troops or scores. The tests are done at low lvl where one sneeze kills everyone. The truth is that they don’t play their own game to understand what really happens

Playing lvl 30 - 50 and saying that the troops are enough is easy. Please play lvl 300 - 350 to get 10500 req points and you will see what the game really is like. The previous one had Amarok, the next one I don’t know. The mandatory troops just completed the team without any use. You don’t need to collect so much data, just test the game itself. Play until you get 10500 points and you will understand how frustrating it is

13 Likes

Yup.

I suspect the focus of all development now is about finding the gem-spend tolerance of the player-base. Not the enhancement of their in-game experience.

3 Likes

what data do you need, you have been told the issues AND been given simple solutions. i guess journey is still a no push event for us

6 Likes

They’re actually going ahead with it…

I wonder if anybody from “The Team” have actually looked at the incoming Journey troop and its abysmal line-up of supporting Purple Wargame characters, and then said “Yes, this is acceptable. It’ll be ok.” I suspect the event is going to be a frustrating and unhappy experience thanks to a weak troop selection, and, no doubt, penalties as a result.

Personally, I hope for low participation or a low effort turn out at the very least.

2 Likes

They won’t change anything for this event so they can gather data to further analyze IF something must/should/want to be done. To gather more data, they need people to play event. People are frustrated with last event’s changes. People will be pissed with the lack of changes for this one. People will play less. Less data being gathered. Devs conclude that they need further data and wait for the following journey. People get more frustrated and play even less. Devs conclude that everything is okay with the data they gathered. People start to complaint again on forums.

Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

A drop in user-engagement in a game mode can also provide insight.

There would not be any change, though, unless that drop in engagement also leads to a drop in gem-spend. If enough whales keep the mode profitable then, from their side, nothing needs to change.

2 Likes

You rely too much on data and listen too little to your players.

Everyone on this forum represents a multitude of people.

Data would suggest that up to a certain point in time, fewer left handed people existed and then suddenly they came out of nowhere when the reality is that people were shunned for being left handed and that everything was done to train it out of everyone.

Data isn’t telling you the full story.

If we’re pushing through it for our guilds it doesn’t mean we’re enjoying it.

I’ll advise my guild to not push for the final rewards as they’re not worth the gems nor the frustration. What good are shiny keys do now anyway? Most of the shiny troops are terrible, and the good ones have been destroyed.

14 Likes