Journey event, preferred way to open refund tickets?

Dear Customer Experience Team,

Let’s not go into details about the Journey event. You know it is broken, you even confirmed that you are intentionally running it a second time in its broken state, to collect more data on how extensively it is broken.

That’s okay for a voluntary beta test that doesn’t cost participants anything except their good mood. It’s entirely unacceptable for a live service game where one has to pay in advance and trust that the advertised rewards can actually be obtained in a remotely reasonable way.

It currently looks like our guild is going to miss at least two reward tiers we’ve always reached in past Journey events, even after buying more shop tiers than usual. We are aware that your support staff is likely going to be a bit busier than usual, we’d like to keep your extra effort low. Which way would you prefer our refund requests?

• 1 combined ticket with my invite code and our guild name, listing the rewards missed
  • 1 combined ticket with the invite code of every guild member, listing the rewards missed
  • 1 individual ticket for each guild member with their invite code, listing the rewards missed

We’d actually appreciate to instead just get the gems back we spent on purchasing shop tiers. However, it feels like this would complicate things, after all we’ve received a Pathfinder troop and some resources bundled up as stuffing with the event sigils. Please let me know if this is still an option and which conditions might be attached to it.

I’m looking forward to your response. I plan to write a community guide to help other guilds with their refund requests, I’d like to incorporate your feedback in case it reaches me by this weekend.

14 Likes

As much as I agree with you on everything, all of us know, that there won’t be any refunds. If we’re lucky, there might be the usual 50 gems next time or the event after that. Whenever testing is done.

My guild probably isn’t finishing the event for the first time ever as well. Usually we’re through before the weekend, but now we’re just halfway through with one player down who quit the game yesterday completely because of, you know, “fun”.

And with another vault weekend incoming, people probably won’t waste their time with journey anyway, when they can run GaPs instead …

1 Like

We’ve always been an event-focussed guild. In my ~4 years in the guild we’ve only failed to clear all event reward tiers once, and that was the previous Journey.

I’ve changed our rules on Journey now, there won’t be a firm scoring requirement that members have to meet. Just don’t leave your score at 0 is all I’m asking for now.

1 Like

That’s similar to my guild. Free sigils should be done, but nobody is forced to buy a tier. Previously it has been 3-5 for everyone with a few always doing more. I doubt that somebody went higher than the weapon this time though.

Anything past the books is bonus IMO. The books are the bottleneck. If you can get those that is a victory in my book. I am not stressing the event. Get the books and call it a day.

3 Likes

There hasn’t been any official response, so I guess they are okay to go ahead with this and to use any format. Here’s a guide to make things easier:

4 Likes

Next time journey event and vault weekend will not be on the same week. Maybe we can buy extra tier Seven to play 30 more funny battles. Or even two tiers for much more fun :laughing: