Itsy Bitsy Spider

Originally published at: Itsy Bitsy Spider – Gems of War

New Raid Boss Troop: Tarantella

Tarantella will be available in the Raid Boss Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Rare Troop: Cocoon

The Cocoon will be available this week for 300 Glory in the Rewards tab of the Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Darkshot

This week it will be available in both the Raid Boss shop, and in the Soulforge.

4 Likes

Cocoon look okay tarantella and weapon could be better

Usual request to @Sirrian or whoever does the images in the OP: please include the boost factor in those graphics.

10 Likes

Fetching it now. 3x ratio on webbed enemies… that can’t be right.

2 Likes

Spell armor is pointless vs instakill boss

1 Like

Weapon isnt as bad as people think.
Without web, it’s just a generic “deal damage weapon”. That part is bad.
however, A lot of popular troops dont have web immunity. With AW, this turns into a “deals damage, and generates 20 purple gems”. What a coincidence, Aw uses purple. It’s not perfect, and outside niche teams, i doubt it would see use. but has a use atleast

The troop blocks Arachnean Weaver’s colors and vice-versa…

The weapon has no significant usage in Raid (or Invasions since Towers are immune to everything) for Zul’Kari since it’s damage doesn’t scales with Webbed enemies and also blocks the colors of Dark Maiden and vice-versa…

5 Likes

On the spell of Cacoon, what troop is considered a “spider”?

Anything hairy legged in Zhul’Kari?

2 Likes

Since it says random spider, I’m thinking any spider with the name spider in it.
It would he helpful if they made the text say that though since there’s plenty of space to list all the different kinds. Considering “spider” isn’t a troop type. Unlike all the other random summoners who summon a random troop type.
Consistency 0, Inconsistency +1

4 Likes

Odd how this weapon will actually be more useful outside the raid, for a change. Given the boss is web- (and everything-) immune, that trims the gems spawned by a bit.

1 Like

I think the weapon is pretty interesting, and I’ve been having a play with it. There are also proposed troops in the future that I think it will work well with, so I’m looking forward to that. It still slots into some interesting teams now, and it’ll be fun to see how it can be used in the future, especially with the amount of purple it can generate.

:spider_web::bow_and_arrow:

2 Likes

“Summon a random Spider” is really vague since it isn’t a troop type. What does that mean?

Do Spider Knight and Spider Queen (Spider in the name but not really spiders) count? How about Arachnean Weaver (doesn’t say “Spider” in the name but clearly a spider)?

I’m intrigued by the new troops & weapon (pending boost ratios) but really, it isn’t at all clear what the heck the Cocoon will actually do, and there’s no way from a player perspective to figure it out.

Can we have a list of troops it may summon please?

7 Likes

Possibly it could have ripped off the armor of the enemy troop it attacks as well. Would not be too OP. The weapon is still far from the worst outside Raids, so I won’t complain.

Similarly, what counts as an Imp for the spell effect of Riftblade?

It can be good in the future, if at that point in time the upgrades where already changed and it wouldn’t instantly destroy 3 Purple Gems, before we get a chance at an extra turn…

Why this weapon doesn’t have the upgrade that CREATES Purple gems instead? Why it’s so dificult to actually look a it for 30 seconds and conclude that?

2 Likes

We are looking into affixes at this point in time, so you never know. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also! These are the troops that the cocoon can summon. :spider_web::spider_web::spider_web:

• Spider Swarm
  • Giant Spider
  • Spinnerette
  • Tomb Spider
  • Webspinner
8 Likes

Exactly my thoughts and yet Flammifer exists an its awesome! and with zero reqs.

So all spiders except the king of spiders. Awesome. Lol. :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes, we never know and we never get a satisfactory answer either, only after too much hassle, complaints and rants things can BEGIN to even be acknowledged, then, two or more months later things MAY HAVE a place in an obscure schedule nobody knows about while more and more mistakes are released into the game to pile up more problems and complaints to be solved ALWAYS LATER, when everyone is pretty much still or even more grumpy or simply not caring anymore…

You and the team may consider this feedback as you want but there is certainly a better way to work and manage some of these situations: How about not making any more weird/bad weapon upgrades that NEEDS to be revised later?

In a clear factual analysis:

• Releasing a weapon with a bad upgrade = People will avoid the upgrade or simply be angry/disappointed when they mistakenly upgrade it ruining the weapon. If the revision of weapons’ upgrades comes around in a time frame of two months that’s still two months where players could still be mad or not care about the weapon anymore.

• Releasing a weapon with some proper care about its upgrades = People will be happy or maybe indifferent by having and upgrading it. Some time/work is consumed in this process, but it would be probably/maybe the same time that would be spent two months later on this very weapon when the revision of the weapons’ upgrades, the advantages are that the chances of having the players mad or disapointed are zero during this whole time/process. Again, people could be indifferent about it, that’s also a possibility, but things wouldn’t get worse.

• There is also a point about having all of these weapons having interesting/good upgrades from the start: It can make earlier/new players spent some MONEY on the shop in order to get Legendary Ingots earlier. Even if players don’t come around the forums, the “mouth to mouth” talk about cool or amazing weapons from sources like Tacet’s videos and guild chats should be something VERY DESIRABLE from the start.

I don’t do this to be negative about the game and the new things being added/released, but i NEED to be very critical because i FEEL you guys/girls still takes things too lightly sometimes…

Also, please rework Wild Plains troops and change Arctic Fox and Frost Archer arts. I want to make teams that doesn’t hurts my eyes/brain.

6 Likes

No worries.
I spent 1500 less gems this event because I didn’t want to ruin Doom club.
Keep making things without proper testing and I’ll continue to hoard gems.

I’ll be spending money this week for the amazing people I play with (first time in a year). Not because the state of the game is worth it… it’s getting there again… But still no where near as good and balanced as it once was.