Its Back! Campaign 3 Tasks at Reset (Week 10 Updated)

I know someone calculated the total rewards for the first campaign, but I’m afraid you’ll have to do it yourself from the screenshots, at this stage. Do let us know what you find. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Week 4 - Merlantis

13 Likes

Campaign 3 Week 4 Strategy

This week, you’ll be needing 2 Event Keys (B1), 5 Gem Keys (B2), 1 Vault Key (B4) and 3 Daily Delve Sigils (S3).

I would also save the Adventure Board and the Dungeon for some of lesser tasks (G1, G2, B5, B7, B10).

1. Start by opening 2 Event Chests (B1).
  2. Open 5 Gem Chests (B2).
  3. Craft 3 Blue Summoning Stones (S1).
  4. Win 6 battles in a single Arena run (S2).
  5. Complete 1 Explore Run in Merlantis at D4+ (B3) using the Trident Banner (BGy) for the first few of 22 wins (G1).
  6. Use a Vault Key to kill 1 Treasure Gnome (B4).
  7. Ideally, use Daily Delve Sigils to complete 3 Delves at Level 50+ (S3), starting with the Trident Banner (G1), then switching to a Merlantis team for 22 wins (G2). You can also hold this task for the Tuesday Faction Event, if you’re not fussed about the extra stats for Guild Wars.
  8. If you don’t have a strong enough Merlantis team for delving, defer S3 until after the Treasure Hunt task, and use the Adventure Board for G2 and B7, and Monday’s Blue Dungeon for B10.
  9. While delving, match 90 Blue gems in battle (B5).
  10. Kill Kharybdis one time (B6), either in Casual PvP or the World Event.
  11. Use the Tidecaller class for 4 wins (B7), ideally while delving with your Merlantis team.
  12. Get 9 Merfolk kills (B8), either in the World Event or Merlantis Fast Explore.
  13. Interrupt any delving to reach 60 turns in one Treasure Hunt (B9).
  14. When you’re ready, win 15 times in Ranked PvP (S4), preferring opponents that help you get 13 Blue kills (B10). Wrap up those Blue kills in the Dungeon.

To help out other players, set Kharybdis (the new, Event Key Legendary) and 3 Axolotls on PvP defence (not in Guild Wars): [6968,6888,6888,6888,3002,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,14033] (When facing this team, make sure to use Frostmage.)

2 Likes

Here’s a team that can be used to complete a fair few of the tasks if you don’t want to mess around team building

[6626,1293,6407,6627,3036,1,2,3,3,1,3,1,14025]

3 Likes

How well you know me!

4 Likes

Week 5 - Adana

14 Likes

Campaign 3 Week 5 Strategy

This week, you’ll be needing 2 days of Dungeon (S1), 2 Event Keys (B1) and the Adventure Board (B6).

Some of the tasks with team limitations can be done on the Adventure Board (if you don’t finish it too early), Pet Rescues, or the World Event.

1. Start by using the Mechanist class for 4 wins (B1). You can get 3 of these from the Dungeon (S1).
  2. Earn 5 Glory in PvP (B2), keeping an eye out for Mechs to kill (G1).
  3. Kill Carnex one time (B3) in PvP or the World Event (hopefully).
  4. I would switch back to PvP now to earn 200 Gold in battle (B4), then get 13 Red kills (B5), then get 44 Mech kills (G1). Exploring Adana or Pridelands is also a good option.
  5. Complete 1 Adventure Board (B6) as soon as you have your Gold and Red kills.
  6. Open 2 Event Chests (B7).
  7. Use a Missile weapon for 4 wins (B8), back in PvP.
  8. Craft 1 Yellow Summoning Stone (B9).
  9. Once you have your Mech kills, complete 5 Explore Runs in Adana at D5+ (G2), using the Banner of Progress (RY) for 4 wins (B10). You can start the Explore run early, so long as you don’t finish it until G1 is done.
  10. On Tuesday, do your Dungeon to complete S1.
  11. Win 6 battles in a single Arena run (S2).
  12. Explode 450 Gems in battle (S3).
  13. Use an Adana team for 15 wins (S4), potentially in the World Event.

Here’s a good team to help people on PvP defence: [6066,6721,6721,6721,3053,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,14033]
Carnex and 3 Rovers.

1 Like

:heart: the task name “Okay Boomer”

2 Likes

If you have a spare vault key or encounter Cedric in a delve battle you can let him summon Bombots over and over again for easy mech kills.

Bring a troop that generates blue and yellow mana for Cedric to cast, a troop to kill Bombots, and an AoE troop when you are ready to kill Cedric.

1 Like

Only for killing Red ones. When it comes to Mechs → only Adana explore is good for that…

@Sytro - Some (few?) people will set Mech teams to help others out – it’s a good way to get Honour. But my main point is that you want to get to PvP Tier 1 anyway, so you might as well do it at this stage and hope for at least a few Mechs.

As for Explore… Correct, Adana for Mechs; Pridelands for Red troops.

Nice idea, @noctis! I like it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, most teams with Cedric turn out to put Cedric first, so it’s hard to keep him alive.

Fortunately, that business about “Training battles excluded” is nonsense. Turns out, you can build your own Cedric team on PvP defence and get credit for his Mech summons when you kill them.

Based on Salty’s usual response to bugs, this is “working as intended.”

2 Likes

Yeah this is a new bug with 5.3 as we tested every campaign test on beta 5.0 as training battles and none were counted. Beta testers have bug reported it but for now its still counting

2 Likes

Does it also work for killing those troops listed in “Hunting XXX” tasks ?

Yes, hunting mechs can be done this way. I don’t advertise it on my graphics as it isn’t good practice to let people know about a bug that can be exploited but it’s been around for a little while without fixing

1 Like

Was thinking more about “Hunting Carnex” or other type of these tasks where you have to kill exact troop (like Kurandara, Wrath, Queen Aurora etc.)
These were usualy ones people were complaining most, so if a guild member could set such troop on defense for his guildmates (and himself) to kill it, that would make those tasks realy easy…

Yes these too are covered in this. Eg hunting Hyndla could be completed this way

You can get those completed by exploring the associated kingdom, then reset your legendary/mythic battle until the troop you need appears. Apparently working as intended, even though it might appear like a bug at first glance.

ofc you can, thing is with bug running i can see people exploit it to reduce time outside of grinding… :stuck_out_tongue: