[Investigating] Tal'Rae has the wrong trait

Platform, device version and operating system: all, I think

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting Tal’rae to have their old trait until an official announcement stated that it would change.
Tal’Rae originally had the stalker trait, which gives double skull damage against webbed troops, which is very useful on teams that commonly web the enemy team. This has somehow become terror pact, which has a chance to summon another troop on death. That is a massive nerf, as far as I’m concerned, and should have been fixed by now.
Tal’Rae’s main gimmick is dealing bonus damage against webbed troops, hence her spell working that way, and her spell webs troops which works well with the stalker trait, but not so much with the terror pact trait.
Zhul’kari now only has one troop with the stalker trait, and that’s devourer, a bounty troop. Hell, there’s only 2 troops in the game with stalker now, so clearly it wasn’t an overdone trait, so clearly there’s no good reason to replace it, meaning it has to be a bug. I know webspinner exists and has lethal toxin, but it has a damage all spell while Tal’Rae’s spell is targeted, and webspinner is a Daemon whereas Tal’Rae is an elf/mystic, meaning they fill different niches. Or rather they did, because this bug or nerf to Tal’Rae means she no longer works as well in the niche she was filling.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Since the zhul’kari rework, where a lot of other troops had their traits changed, and an official announcement was made detailing which troops would change, but Tal’Rae was NOT on that list. As far as I can tell, it’s the only troop affected by this bug.

Steps to make it happen again
Use Tal’Rae?
Not sure how to make other troops get changed to wrong traits without being announced, during a kingdom rework, but if I figure it out there’s a bunch of traits I would happily give to other troops, like replacing pathfinder traits with others.

2 Likes