Information about bans

The guilds should get together and make a stand, sadly some of the big guilds are full of grinders and addicts, they cant put the game down even if they wanted to.

I do know of a few players who have left the game due to this bug that went around and personally, i wont put more money into the game and have been playing way less myself, im sure theres many more out there who are doing the same, hopefully this all adds up and gets their attention and shows our dissatisfaction but who knows.

One thing is for certain and we all know it, the devs really do not care about us, they care about their profits.

4 Likes

Could the event be a full week instead of just a weekend? As others have pointed out the vault event in January got cancelled and unless there are 2 vault weekends (which doesn’t seem compatible with the new Kingdom Pass starting) in February this one can’t really be considered extra. A vault week could be participated in by the people that sometimes can’t take advantage of vault weekends.

21 Likes

I absolutely have to agree that if the “200 Gems” was somehow mistakenly considered appropriate or sufficient “Ban Compensation:”, then that’s almost as big of an insult by the developers as the wrongful bans itself.

First off, many of us spent FAR MORE than 200 gems just to get enough extra plays in a day in order to EARN enough crystals to get the Kris Krinkle troop [which in itself triggered the majority of the bans]… On top of that, even when we were finally “unbanned”, our Crystal settings remained reset at 0 [zero] Crystals – so it was pointless even extending the cash in crystals week because we never got our crystals back to cash in [hence, all those extra turns wasted, along with all the gems used to get them]… I know I had a few hundred crystals in my account before the Ban Bug – yet they were never recredited back after the wrongful ban

200 Gems compensation is barely over 2 extra gem package purchases for 1 day in the event

And I think there needs to be at least some Guild Level compensation… I know with my own Guild, about 1/3 of our Guild Members haven’t been playing anymore since the bug (some had said they aren’t going to risk the Steam account having them marked as Cheaters – regardless of whether or not the game notifies Steam or not… as they say, it’s not worth the risk, so they aren’t really playing GoW now). So some sort of compensation should be made to all Guild members of Guilds that had inappropriately banned members from the bug.

And again – 200 Gems Compensation is a complete slap in the face insult – we spent more gems than that just acquiring enough crystals to get the troop card that the game used to ban us

3 Likes

(Am I the only one, who thinks, that being “allowed” to play more through an event, that pushes a lot of players towards hyperactivity is not necessarily a good thing? If it had been decided to throw a raid+invasion weekend into the mix additionally, while having it overlap with tower and world event, the enthusiasm of the rest in here might be closer to my level.)

(Also I can’t help but notice, that the way, the non-communication is set up, allows for a neat good cop - bad cop dynamic between Kafka and “them”.)

6 Likes

18 Likes

I wasn’t one of those that was banned, but I can’t see how the compensation even comes close to what people who were banned and their guildmates deserve. Also, having a vault event isn’t technically further compensation because to get any extra rewards you have to have Verses AND you have to play a ton to hopefully get keys so you can then go play vault and pray you get good rewards. All in all the reward for being banned is more work

10 Likes

I agree with the other players, this weekend was supposed to be a Vault Weekend so waiting until after the Kingdom Pass Event ends to give us a Vault What when it’s supposed to be scheduled and calling it an Extra Vault Weekend isn’t sufficient. Instead maybe make it a Vault Week that runs 7 days and give more verses in daily deals so people can get more Gnome-a-palozzas I during the week. Extra implies something not regularly scheduled not removed and put at regularly scheduled time. To be truly extra in this case it would need extra DAYS. Possibly even giving verses as compensation for your errors.

10 Likes

I hope, this “extra” vault event won’t be scheduled on a Guild Wars week.

10 Likes

If battle crashers don’t effect gnome appearance rates.

Then why would a vault weekend hinder kingdom passes?

The logic here is further asinine because battle crashers can’t be found in arena, faction assaults, raids, or invasions.

So nice try at an excuse. But no.

4 Likes

This may sound like sophistry and nit-picking, but I’d bet that an awful lot of players – maybe even that “majority” you want to speak about – had no clue that there was a ban issue and a bug until they logged in last night. Or this morning. Or whenever they log in next. And they’ll open up their in-game mail and get the gems and have a puzzled look on their faces if there’s any reaction at all.

Because I’ll bet you that there are a lot more players who are “ultra casual” than there are players like the typical forums member. Those of us here are probably daily players, probably biased towards the most active players the game has. But there are also a lot of people who don’t play daily, who may not play more than a couple of matches every so often like when they’re in the back seat of an Uber or sitting in a doctor’s waiting room in advance of an appointment. For every one of us in a top-end guild that strives to finish every prize gate in every event, there are probably a bunch of people who are either guild-less or who are part of guilds that don’t give a whoop about completionism.

That’s not to say that what happened was fair or right and that there shouldn’t be consequences. Just that it didn’t affect a lot of people and probably didn’t cause any behavioral changes or extra expenses to that lot of people.

My current guild was fortunate. My guild leader paid attention to the discussions as they occurred and warned the rest of us about what was going on and the hypotheses as to why. So we stopped using the troop in question (if we were ever using it) and none of us were banned and none of us had to spend anything extra.

My previous guild? I didn’t check in with that guild leader, but I suspect he has enough of an ear to the ground to have an idea as to what was going on and the potential ramifications. But that’s also a guild that is casual enough that they don’t give a whoop about completionism and prize gates. (And that last is part of why I switched guilds several months ago; I do give a whoop about completionism, at least when it’s a Journey event awarding Books of Deeds.)

The processes in place from the developers need improving. Alpha/beta testing absolutely needs to be more rigorous, not just because of this but on account of numerous previous issues. And communication has to be better and not just leaving a small number of people to monitor these forums and absorb all the slings and arrows of an unhappy player base.

But all the damage probably was not as widespread as a lot of people would like to believe it was. This forum and the people active on it are almost certainly not a representative cross-section of the players of the game. They may represent an outsized proportion of the in-game activity, the endgame players, and/or the people providing the lion’s share of the revenue.

But there’s an awfully sizable “silent majority”.

5 Likes

Lmao!!!

Rewarding you all with an “additional GAP” when they skipped the last one?

:rofl: :face_with_peeking_eye: :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Searching for the Vault Event that was skipped

12 Likes

If the devs were serious about compensation and really wanted to keep players happy they would stop Arena weekends completely (everyone hates them anyway) and give a vault week as compensation for the banning. That would make everyone, if not happy, at least happier than they are now. They’ve run vault weeks before so it can be done. Sure, there’s a bug when you run vault and Kingdom Pass. That’s old news. There’s always going to be a bug with something. Just give us a vault week and you might actually retain some players.

7 Likes

Actually that would be awesome, especially when your guild wins every day and gets bonus 100 xp per day, that coupled with grinding paloozas will get your levels up significantly lol

This is something often overseen, as well as the conveniently shifting size of the IP2 team (many complex layers when it’s hard to reach ‘them’ for an answer, small team when they can’t/won’t handle something, big and fast again when they need to fix something that affects customers’ ability to spend money…)

:zipper_mouth_face: :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

So basically, we will be skipping one vault weekend as a compensation?

I was still buying the campaign and kingdom passes but after the latest events it is over.

9 Likes

So very true. But how much do they spend in the game?

Because there’s pissing off casual players and there’s pissing off your whales.

3 Likes

I noticed I got 50 gems today and I pretty much just rushed here into this forum just to watch all the meltdowns that would happen. If the devs are reading this please don’t give anyone anything anymore because 1) it’s hilarious and 2) as soon as the next event arrives the same exact people that are here crying over what happened are gonna jump all over it and play it like their lives depended on it anyway.

Then maybe you can throw in another little bug just for some s**** and giggles.

2 Likes

I thought the same reading this thread, its amazing how greedy and entitled people start acting here as soon as theres something “for free”.

Another question I had while reading this: Why is everyone so hot for Dragonite? I read multiple people saying that at least 500 Dragonite would be acceptable and should be the least, but why? The dragon eggs still give duplicates even after 4x with no fix in sight (as far as I know) and Dungeon odds are still horribly stacked against the players.

@Kafka you are doing a real good job here still managing everything and I hope you’re not letting the hate get to you.

2 Likes

There wasn’t going to be a Vault event in January.

Now there is, so yes, this is an extra Vault Event.

1 Like