Information about bans

Yeah, “extra” burns a bit here given that there was for a while a Vault scheduled for this weekend anyway, before it got quietly swapped to yet another Arena weekend.

“Extra” here needs to mean “additional”.

15 Likes

Others did this as well, but let me try to rephrase on my own words.

We had the worst mess up in the Gems of War history (at least for the 3+ years that I have been playing). As an apology, we will re-schedule the vault event we had just canceled/postponed to a date where we should have another vault event. In other words, you get one vault event instead of two, but hey, isn’t it better than zero vault events? /end of sarcasm.

I actually have another great idea for the devs moving forward: never have vault events pre-scheduled: in any case they are terrible for economy. Instead, put them up, a month ahead, whenever there is a major bug/mess in the game. After all, that’s the best compensation and everyone can get whatever resource they are after, right?

No offense Kafka and I know you are in cross-fire and doing your best to message dev’s back-to-back messes/uncare for players and community, but even with your hard tries (and I want to stress, you are doing a great job trying to spin things to cool down both sides), this is becoming the worst joke ever.

11 Likes

As much as vault events are nice to try to get those resources back a weekend one still doesnt do much for some directly impacted. We have a guild member that works weekends and gets very little playtime during a normal vault event, he was banned for 3 days he had off because it was the holidays. Had all the time in the world then and likely wont be able to do much on this “compensation” vault event they are doing. So I still do not personally agree as a vault weekend to being the answer. I dont care if I personally get anything (even though I did spend well over 50 gems to help make up for the sigils lost having 3 guild members banned). I am already refusing to claim the 50 gems sent as I wasnt banned and those gems need to go to those that were banned and missed out on a ton in tributes, the 50 gems on the holiday login ect. Thats just my stance on it though. (P.S. Please make the 50 gems not have an expiration date of 385 days so I dont have to stare at that mail for a full year)

1 Like

As someone reminded me, the rescheduling of the Vault event is probably due to an earlier bug involving the combination of the Kingdom Pass and it. Which they apparently are not convinced is solved yet. Chickens come home to roost always.

4 Likes

Look at this posting. Please understand it. Please answer my following question(s) about it.
Since you’re ardently talking about “an extra Vault Event”. What/which “extra Vault Event”?
@Kafka
@Jeto
@OminousGMan
@Nimhain
(I don’t even know why I tag your accounts, noone will read or give a proper response anyway…)

The normal rate as we knew it is already exceeded by many weeks if the earliest possible date for the next Vault Event could be starting Friday, February 10 following your given specifics. It would then be 9 weeks between regular Vault Events. And we have no guarantee right now for that date even since you phrased it perfectly again, without giving out any real data. So, again the question: When will the “extra” Vault Event be?

If I remember correctly it was already middle/end of December when someone rotated out the previously scheduled Vault Event for January 13, 2023 to bless us with another arena event. It was a silent edit, please don’t deny it, “we know”. That previously scheduled date would’ve fit the pattern I analysed above. And the cancellation fits my conclusion.

So, you cancelled a scheduled Vault Event sometime in mid-end of December and/or replaced it by a arena event to be scheduled upcoming Fri-Sun. The Vault Event never got a preplacement date. And now you hop around and want to tell us we receive an “extra Vault Event” sometime in the future after this and that ends, maybe? The way you and/or your coworkers try to fool us around is so full of disrespect.
And I didn’t even mention the 50 gems of lousyness you handed out.

A statement on the matter of Vault Events would be appreciated.
But I know my chances of getting a “real answer” are next2none.

What a clownfest.
:surfing_man: :clown_face:

22 Likes

[weak attempt at sarcasm] Well, with the given price of gems being 0,1 Dollar per piece, and assuming, that the number of 7 million players mentioned further up there is correct, the company just “spent” 35 million on us.
Aren’t we just thankful?

I wonder, if they can get a tax return for it…

4 Likes

There’s a question here that really needs to be asked and answered. I hope this doesn’t come across as unfair, you seem to be spending quite a lot of effort on negotiating the compensation for the community.

Regular Vault weekends happen around every 6 weeks. The previous one was six weeks ago, this week was originally scheduled to be a vault weekend, then got changed to the quite unpopular Arena weekend. There isn’t any further Vault weekend in the schedule known so far.

Are there any plans in action to discontinue vault events, possibly only holding them on rare special occasions, like this bug compensation? Or will the event schedule get reworked to contain Vault weekends again on a 6 week cycle?

21 Likes

lets keep this comment simple

if vault events go, so do i

13 Likes

So, you canceled the regularly scheduled vault event this week but we’ll get one after the boring and too long kingdom pass. Eventually.

Wouldn’t that just be a postponed vault event?

Doesn’t extra mean additional normally?

For that vault event to extra, you’d need to run two after the kingdom pass ends.

Instead of vault we’re getting an Arena non-event this week which is another slap as the rewards aren’t even worth playing.

I don’t know what your team is doing but are you actively trying to offend players? Not you specifically but the people who make the decisions.

Seems the more we say we’re unhappy, the more you try to make it even worse.

20 Likes

It’s now 1% chance for a vault event….

Forget about the GaP screw up, the vast majority of players ((certainly in our 12 guild alliance, and historically from feedback here) look forward the most to this event.

Major pr disaster getting magnified. Let’s think a bit better about what has been occurring. The new orbs won’t prevent people buying passes if they feel they want to. Not getting any orbs on the other hand…

Let’s get a week long event and then I’m sure everyone gets something back from the disaster over Xmas.

7 Likes

This whole issue with the bug, the apparent compensation and cancelling of a vault event on 13th is for lack of a better word, utterly ridiculous!

Think its time people delete this game, devs continue their negligence when it comes to testing as there is NONE and continue to take us for absolute fools.

Do they not realize the majority of their players are in the age range of between 40 to 60? We aint idiots, we deserve better.

#replacethewholedevteam.

4 Likes

The way they act, they see a Vault event as something that is bad for the company.

Really interested to see how this plays out. One thing I am certain of is no more $ from me.
Not because of bugs, that can happen, but the way it is handled. And the way that they can’t fix that bug. Compensation is ridiculous.
Oh, let’s remove maps from Kris Krinkle forever. They will forget about it.
Vault? Oh, we got these new orbs, and let’s make them super hard to get by removing Vault or having it once in six months.

5 Likes

Just to be clear: is this extra Vault event the one supposed to run THIS weekend but silently substituted with an Arena Weekend and is being delayed for almost a month?

If not, where has this Vault event wandered? Has it been suppressed?

Can you give a schedule of Vault events for 2023?

7 Likes

I have to agree to for me to leave extra vault weekend dont make me laugh

I hope this is not the case. If so it just means that they’re not capable of programming something useful and that’s sad.

If they need help, hire capable minds. I can safely say… this is 2023, ain’t nobody got time for this. :laughing:

Hopefully this isn’t the case.

3 Likes

Hey Kafka - as others have correctly pointed out, you removed a vault event in January - pretty hard to say having one the next month is anything “additional” - and giving those accounts 200 gems is really weak. The amount of chaos that incident caused was much more then your compensation, ESPECIALLY for the banned accounts but certainly for everyone who wanted to play that time period. Would have been great (and you still can do it!) to be a bit more fair in your resolution and give out a better compensation package.

10 Likes

Have they said if there planning on reinstating Kris Kringles third trait?

1 Like

So again it’s abundantly clear that @Kafka can’t unilaterally provide compensation. Those decisions are made by a non-customer facing team.

What we can (and should) ask for is to clearly communicate during that next developer meeting that a) the compensation didn’t fit the severity of the mistake and b) with the analytical tools we have as a community, offering to replace the removed vault event comes across as disingenuous at best. It sucks to be in the spot of having to deal with an angry customer base without being able to fix it single-handedly. But it’s a fair ask to make sure the severity of the reaction is communicated upwards.

I know the response from some folks is to essentially threaten with going completely free-to-play.

I’d offer a different suggestion. There’s zero doubt that there’s a model floating around that, for instance, every new campaign they will make $X on the first day the campaign goes live. Breaking that model, even for just a set period of time, will assuredly get the attention of the powers that be. Just a thought.

15 Likes

So again, get the frustration but there’s no way on earth they’re going the sack the lot and because of that, we’d be right back to square one.

Just thinking further on the campaign idea-- even someone buying the larger pass won’t see a uniquely paid at the time benefit until week 5 when the additional 20 stars per week will earn the 6th level stat bump on week 5. After a month has gone by (ironically close to the same length as the missing Vault weekend but I digress), you can be absolutely certain alarm bells would be going off regarding a diminished revenue number. And calling the collective players’ bluff after that long would be a hell of a gamble that a f2p model isn’t about to try. Subscription revenue is a powerful motivator.

And all it would take is a couple of the community resources-- some of the larger guild families, some of the international guild groups, some communities on different platforms and you’d easily have the recipe to get their attention.

5 Likes

That would be me.

I think as soon they see that money comes in day two of the campaign, they will go on as before. Especially if they know we’ll dish out just a day later.

Rather we may go FTP for a given period, let’s say a month. It would suffice even if a trimester would definitely be better and show beautifully in their quarterly report.

Then again we here are all English-reading old hands. Newbies and people using exclusively their language will be left to fend for themselves, unless we start discussing the issue in global chat, massively.