Incredibly effective attack team suitable for beginning players

Okay, I give up. Your meaning is … ?

Cryptic, pseudo-negative comments aside, it does seem clear that most people really aren’t that interested in hearing about someone else’s wonder team. Not a big deal. I’m very happy with this team and will use if for the foreseeable future.

I personally love it when people share their favorite teams. They’re always so different from mine and give me some new perspectives on how others play. It’s the nature of the beast that many people who have a winning combo that works for them will attempt to compare yours in the light of their own composition. Don’t sweat the criticism. That said, you might want to tone down the self-assuredness in the future as it tends to more negative critique than more neutral language might.

A question about your team: Why Ogre? He has high attack value, but your team doesn’t seem to be focused on skull damage, mostly spell damage through the two goblins. Ogre’s spell is weak, in my opinion, in that it is both uncontrollable and will often lose you the turn. Considering you have positioned this as a control deck (which fits the two goblins and the alchemist), why not use a Serpent instead of Ogre? It’s Common, so it fits your criteria for “early game;” it’s blue, which matches the Ogre; it’s got Agile at two traits, which will keep it alive longer; and its spell both heals it (great for a tank) as well as generating red mana for Goblin Rocket and Alchemist. If the board is sufficiently covered in red, it’ll also be good for a (nondeterministic) match-4 often enough, which meshes with your control theme.

Thanks,
Lyya

3 Likes

It is offensive to the computer who is trying to win games and you come in with this wonder team and makes the ai sad face with all its new loss streaks. As in my joke was completely destroyed. you offended the computer now it no work properly.

Yeah, I know. I thought about that, but then I wouldn’t be me. What’s the point of thinking something if you don’t think it?[quote=“Lyya, post:22, topic:5403”]
Why Ogre?
[/quote]

A very good question.

First off, I actually do target skull damage quite a lot. I use the goblin spells to set up skull attacks, and I get a respectable number from cascades. But I pass up three skull attacks in favor of options that keep me going.

Ogre’s benefit is his not-too-shabby attack value and his trait 2, which gains him a life for each match 4 or 5. I have finished many battles with him at over 50 life (grown from 28.) He can usually absorb at least 2 attacks from even the buffest (most buffed?) troop, which guarantees he can make it to the end of most battles. Trait one isn’t bad either, as it gives a plus one to attack each time he gets hit (but it doesn’t always work. Developers?) Finally, as a somewhat expendable team member, he serves as good cannon fodder for status effect spells.

But Ogre’s spell is worthless. Actually, it is less than worthless, as it is more likey to hurt you than help you. A major board change that is random and has a small probability of yielding an extra turn is an invitation to disaster. I never cast it. The simple fact that I am now reduced to only 3 spells means that spot 1 is ripe for replacement. I’ve looked at Peasant, Winter Imp, a Hero Class that uses blue, and Serpent. Peasant has a much better spell, but is weak in all other areas. Winter Imp would be pretty good, but I’m not yet ready to expend souls to upgrade a troop that doesn’t add to any kingdom power. Same argument with Hero.

Serpent is weaker than Ogre stat-wise, but all your arguments in favor are very good. I have considered him, but at this point, I lose too much attack value to make a change. I will probably try him out as soon as I give him one more ascension.

This could be because he needs to lose health not armor. If he is hit while armored and the armor blocks all the damage then he does not proc his trait.

Oh. So that’s how it works. I’m going to watch for that. I can’t say for certain the circumstances of when I’ve noticed it not working, but I do recall that at least a couple times were after skull attacks. Maybe they were wimpy attacks.

Wait till he has his 3rd trait and gets poisoned. You just have to sit back watch him grow and then swing for lethal.

I am playing this deck, I am using hero instead of ogre since the weapon is reliable and the hero has high attack(12) and defense. I only have the rocket trait, since it is very good.

I still use it, it wins a lot. I use dryad to protect the first character and Tyri to deal skill damage over the boar.

I’ve been using this comp for a few weeks now, and I love it. It does beat most teams reliably, including the big baddies. Mythic goblins are a nightmare, but that could be said for just about any comp it seems. The recent Rocket nerf hasn’t done much to quell the effectiveness of the comp either. Thanks a ton for the comp!