Improve Classes (Full Analysis, Problems & Solutions)

(cross posting this from the Spoilers thread)

Huh. Okay, so watching Salty’s stream just now (well, this was closer to the beginning of the stream), someone brought up hero traits and talents, but the phrasing used made it seem like they just wanted the terminology across heroes and troops fixed to clear up confusion. Salty said it was something the Devs are aware of, and have actually been working on for several months, but it still needs more work because of the scale of the task and the localization required behind it.

I just had the stream on my phone while playing the game online, but this piqued my interest, so I specifically asked for clarification if she was referring to a terminology pass or an actual mechanics balance pass across all hero traits and talents, and Salty directly responded to my name that it was indeed the latter.

So, even if it’s still aways away (fuck, even if it takes til 5.0), I’m quite pleased that this is something they’re working on. Even if it’s not everything we’re hoping for, any change at all to lackluster troops like Knight and Deathknight will be appreciated

1 Like

I do remember hearing that Nim had been looking to rework the Warden class(’ traits?) a while ago, at the very least – although while its traits are a bit ‘eh’, I wouldn’t say it’s the class most in need of some love.

Sorry, I stand corrected, Salty misinterpreted me apparently, she corrected my post in the spoilers thread. Insert gif of Tiny Tin bot’s expertly dashed hopes

I remember them talking about this in a Dev Q&A stream a while ago. They were looking at classes and rebalancing the weaker ones, and Warden was specifically mentioned. They also said they would be releasing the class changes in groups, not one by one.

1 Like

Updated for Monk.

Also includes Barbarian from February; no other changes yet.

1 Like

Doomsayer?

And will there be some tiers for hero classes (like for Mythics)? A-tier Titan and Monk, B-tier Runepriest and Plaguelord, …, F-tier Knight and Oracle.

Updated for Doomsayer class. I assume this is the last change I’ll be making to this for a very long time, because unfortunately it has been stated that “class reworks are not planned at this time” during the most recent dev stream. So … sucks to be anyone who knows what Knight looks like?

3 Likes

Less important than the other one but I do not intend to update this at all and will be removing it from my own servers. If anyone wants to take this excel file and do something with it, feel free. It will expire in less than a week.

I have uploaded it here.

This one would need considerable updating. But I don’t care anymore.

1 Like