I No Longer Like Guild Wars

Someone made this video and I think it perfectly illustrates what’s happening in some of the guild war PVP games.

Of course it’s usually not this extreme but it’s also not completely uncommon for the AI to basically win the match in just a few moves when using devour, death mark or skull spammer troops.

How anyone could consider this to be fun to play or the RNG being “more fair” is beyond me.

5 Likes

I am close to quitting as well. I have a build that is dependent on Abhorath and since the updates I cannot ever score a 3 skull drop on a Destroy the World. This is not confirmation bias. How do I know? Because it has NEVER happened since the update. Not once. It used to happen constantly. Now…never. That is a major nerf of Abhorath’s ability, and as my main built up troop, I don’t feel like dropping it and rebuilding a whole new team.

I have also seen my hero’s Bullseye, which is supposed to work 15% of the time, work twice in over 100 matches. It is clearly broken.

I know luck can be swingy. When a Soul Drgaon resurrected 4 times in a row in one battle, I was pissed off, but that is a 1 in 64 chance…bummer but statistically acceptable. The two items above, though, are clear programming errors or AI cheating.

Seems to be working fine for me on PC, Unity version, today:

This is in no way a reach. It was literally the first game I played after reading this post and deciding to test it.

Not sure why it is working for you, but it definitely never works for me. Ever. It’s quite frustrating. In fact, I have even bypassed using that ability because it inevitably ends up setting up my opponent with a skull match, basically negating my life gain. And, I reiterate, this is entirely different from my experience before the update.