How much gold does the average maxed player get?

It is more likely to be because of the relative difficulty of the opponents and therefore faster win rate/clear speed. I know on average that I’m at least two to four times as fast per battle as I was in the 200s, so I still gain gold far, far faster. I’m okay getting a less per battle on average, I just wish the times where even the “hard” battle is a mid level and an 800 gold drop would happen a bit less often.

One thing I wonder about going forward is if five-starring more kingdoms will get me less or more gold per battle on average, because outside of a few troops, the extra life/armor I gain from them isn’t going to do anything to speed my matches up, and is highly doubtful to change my win rate at all. I’m going to either way, because in the grand scheme of things, I get “enough” gold, but it does seem a bit odd for the game’s goals to be contradictory like that.

Given this, though, I’m also wondering if the amounts available per match will go up in the upcoming patch if you have no statue skill bonuses and fight an opponent that does, or go down if you have them and your opponent doesn’t.

1 Like

That’s the thing, though. The more I level up, the more kingdoms I five-star, the more troops I trait; the less gold I get. My value of 800-1100 isn’t for easy to hard opponents, that’s the value I get for the max difficulty.

If I am punished for increasing my stats, then what is the point of increasing them at all? It seems counter-intuitive.

I think perhaps the whole dynamic of it being easier the higher up you are was ruined for me. I got lucky and had a classic Mab wipe team fully traited when I was at level 100. If anything, the matches now take me twice as long as they did when I was an amateur. The only difference is that back then I would get gold values of 1,800+ at base. Now, I am luck if I get half of that…

If 1100 is the most base see from a hard, a few more stat points could mean matching you with higher opponents and raise that up slightly. It is only speculation on my part that kingdoms/ascensions play that part in matchmaking, since it is widely accepted that defense team score plays a part, and those are big parts of that score regardless of who you use. The most I see currently is 1300ish, base, though - I’ve never seen the 1600+ reported by other posters here except once in a blue moon and only prior to the 2.0 PvP patch. I haven’t noticed any overall decrease in my average per match earnings (or increase for that matter) since then, either, and I’ve gained I think 12 or 13 total skill points from kingdom five stars, in addition to having multiple things ascended mythic rather than most stuff at legendary. Other factors could be at play here, such as what time you play (eg., who else has played recently and thus is still in the matchmaking pool).

When I first got a solid PvP team going, I noticed that the rewards for my opponents started to decay, not quite immediately, but over the course of about 20ish invades. It looks like rewards also take into account the highest power team you’ve beaten in an invade, or the average power of teams you’ve beaten in the past [insert timeframe/number of battles here.]

I decided to test changing my defend team because of this thread. Previous defend team with a 35% win rate was about 7900 points, and my “hard” rank invades had a base gold value of 800ish. Switched to a defend team with closer to 20% win rate but with 8466 and suddenly the “hard” invades are worth 900-1100 gold base each.

enough data to make your findings credible?

i’m genuinely intrigued.

I’ve tried everything from putting a single Peasant up on defense to running the “Tardis approved” time-eating meta garbage defense. Seems utterly random to me, as one match consists of the far right enemy choice being a base of 1500 gold, then the next being 800 base with either team.

My team probably counts as “Maxed,” so I’ll throw some information in here myself. (I should farm up gold for kingdoms and glory for swamps come reset anyways…)

Level 242, Dragon Armor, 7,473 Defense Team, 6,973 Offense Team

I’m farming up the gold to push my last three kingdoms from 5 to 10 to give you an idea of where I sit with that.

My first option tends to sit around 660-660 exclusively.
Second option varies ridiculously, from about 650 to 1400.
My third option varies almost as much as the second, 750 (1640 on the victory screen) to 1890 (3910 on the victory screen).

My event stats after my mini-test, for people who think it depends on how much you play:

The most I can recall getting was 4k even on the victory screen.

Earlier I figured I could make about 1k gold a minute if I were PvPing and mostly paying attention to Gems rather than watching YouTube or whatever and getting distracted halfway through a match. I dunno if that information helps at all, but there it is.

Do you get 2k 90% of the time though? Others in my guild that are similar to me get that 50% of the time.