Hound of Doom

Originally published at: Hound of Doom – Gems of War

New Epic Troop: Barghast

Barghast will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests. After 3-4 weeks he will become available in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests as usual.

New Weapon: Tome of Sin

The Tome of Sin will only be available for this week.

Troop Balance We're making a small change to a few of the Divine troops today. Individually, each of them is a little bit above the power curve, which is true of many troops in Gems. We're actually okay with that. But then there's THESE guys... with their powers combined, they form one of the nastiest defense combinations we've ever seen at end game. These Divine teams can vary a little in composition, but there are 3 main suspects involved: Ishbala, Ubastet, and Infernus.

We’re going to make a small nerf to each of them, which hopefully moves the needle just a bit when facing them. We were very wary of making this change, as all of these guys are fun to ATTACK with too, and we don’t really want them to lose their flavor, just a smidgeon of their power, particularly when combined.

Divine Ishbaala

• Radiant Aura trait starting mana reduced from 50% to 40%
  • Her spell no longer cleanses all allies

Infernus

• Mana cost increased from 22 to 24

Ubastet

• Mana cost increased from 22 to 24
  • Spell Boost Ratio reduced from 4:1 to 6:1

All 3 troops will be available for Refund in-game for the next week.

Join the Forum!

14 Likes

first ???
DAMN THOSE NERFS are to radical

5 Likes

So happy to get Wrath!

Semi-RIP meta.

You can go to the viewing, but the body is still twitching.

5 Likes

Right before guild wars. Perfect timing as always devs. :person_facepalming:

I can’t believe no change to divine protector weapon.

3 Likes

The actual issue of that team since they buffed that weapon.

10 Likes

Only ubastet needed the nerf

1 Like

I like the idea of and/or don’t hate these changes. Will have to see when it comes in the game.

1 Like

Still a great team with Divine Protector + Fully traited Titan class.

Ishbaala didn’t need a nerf at all good job all you whiney baby’s calling for nerfs you get your way again!

25 Likes

Individually the changes are minor, but for the combined team it seems enough.

What does this mean?

that u can get all souls and traitstones spent on them.

you can return the souls/traits you spent on the troops if you don’t like what they did. Like a factory reset.

1 Like

17 Likes

Thanks for the replies.

I think this is fine. Don’t devs have a tendency to over-nerf? Doesn’t seem like what happened here.

Wow there we go 3 super troops destroyed lol good job

No more cleanse for isha is a real joke btw

8 Likes

While i wasn’t in favor of blanket nerfs but rather for a change in direction by the devs, as blanket nerfs will just delay the state of things, i don’t see why anyone would be annoyed with these rather subtle nerfs. Just use any of the many team comps that are just as great as former Divines.

7 Likes