GW First week feedback

I understand your frustrations and, while I don’t share all of them, I think you are in good company. It’ll suck if your guild decides to go a different direction than you want to but I think if you stick around GoW, you’ll see some non-GW guilds pop up that are like minded and that you could have fun with again.

2 Likes

Bang! Give this man a planet! No, a galaxy!

1 Like

Pros:
I love that the guild gets to work together to figure out the best teams. There are members that have barely said two words in chat before that are actually lively and participating in the team building in our guild chat and our guild forum. GW has breathed more life, energy and fun into the guild as a whole.

From a purely personal standpoint, I’m having fun in the game again. Like Eika, I was right at the razor edge of getting bored with the game. GW gives me that old early game feeling. I actually have to do some deckbuilding and pay attention to my moves if I want max points. I can’t just use the meta faceroll team of the week to win with my eyes closed. So, the excitement is back for the moment.

Cons:
This first week has been hectic between testing, bugs and data collection. (Yes, I know… first world GM problems. :p) Beyond that, having deathnight on most defenses isn’t awesome either. I truly hoped that they would give people an incentive to use variety on defenses just like they did for invade teams. So, the fact that they didn’t do that is disappointing.

All in all, I’m enjoying GW, and I’m extremely proud of how my guild has stepped up to the challenge. I just hope that the devs will get the critcial bugs ironed out ASAP and tweak guild statue color bonus numbers so that they are fair.

7 Likes

Everyone in our guild is enjoying guild wars.
We won every war. We are first in our bracket.
We have a total of 39 lost battles on attacks. Still not all battles fought today. We have 811k points.
As far as we can see that puts us at 6th rank by points. With statues average of 56%.
So we ain’t going to kick anyone for lossing. We are sure our members dont feel good when they lose, no point of making them feel even worse by stressing them out verbally about it.

8 Likes

and we got our “if you don’t like it, quit” AND “my guild likes it so it’s good” responses.

4 Likes

Actually, you got people telling you what they thought of GW. That’s exactly what the OP asked for. You have every right not to like GW just like others have the right to like it or not care at all.

13 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed GW so far. It’s more engaging than the speed grinding time sink of regular pvp or the blandness of arena. The single color team building has been my favorite part.

8 Likes

As someone earlier said, I feel it has been far more positive than negative for many of the reasons stated above (building decks, guild communication, that it feels different to PVP etc).

My suggestions:

1. It will quickly feel old if we’re doing it every week, so running it fortnightly or monthly might be better. Would need to figure out a different way to give the associated commons - perhaps a mix in any one weeek etc
  2. Recruiting is difficult, particularly as most players aren’t on this forum. Please improve the in-game communication channels. Also, figure out another way to avoid shenanigans and don’t make people miss out for a week - if you join a registered guild, you should be able to play the next day.
  3. Consider not allowing the ‘most used troop on each colour day’ from that same colour day in the next GW. Otherwise we will all have saved our successful team and the requirement to ‘build’ - a key part of most people’s enjoyment - will disappear.
  4. The rewards - my guild has won four of four completed daily wars and looks like they will also win the fifth, and all I’ve got to show for it is 50 extra seals from Guild War 1 (& a little XP).
1 Like

I have to disagree with this one. I think GW deckbuilding is already restrictive enough. I can’t speak for the situation outside of Bracket 1. But, in Bracket 1, trying your best to make a 4-Color team is essential. So, I think any team that actually wants to compete is going to take a new look at their teams with new event boosts and new troops in mind. So, the deckbuilding fun doesn’t have to disappear.

As for your other points, I totally agree. :smile_cat:

6 Likes

I would like 2 things added to GW:

1. The ability to scroll more between brackets to see how other guilds are doing.

2. The ability to see how many matches the guild you are currently fighting on the day have fought.

15 Likes

I really am almost always opposed to the bans (stick) in game mechanics. I much prefer a bonus mechanic(Carrot).

This may be beyond the menu system or game… what if the troops themselves were ranked based on popularity into say into (5) 20% categories. Include some icon on screen for players. Each troop from an would provide a small multiplier to your score based on its LACK OF of popularity from last week /or month.

This notion could even be extended to Defend teams to attempt to encourage a little diversity and team building.

1 Like

TLDR, did the Devs say anything definitive about how many teams move between brackets each week and how this will be determined?

1 Like

Ok with that idea - was more trying to ensure team building continues.

Agree with Draprion - no reason why on the schedule page it can’t show for all 6 days, how many battles have been fought on both sides.

1 Like

Don’t you love those counter points? :unamused: As if that were point in the discussion.

My favorite :no_mouth: crack “It is just week 1”…

1 Like

Here’s my take on it:

1. Offensively, you MUST use troops of the appropriate color in order to get full score (8820, when your statues give you an 80% bonus, for example.)

2. Defensively- there’s no skin in the game. You want to put forth the toughest defense team that you have. So, defensively, we’re seeing the same PvP meta (Wraith - Courage - Bone Dragon - Famine, anyone?), and hamstringing the players trying to build offensively. I’ve also seen this week a double-Famine/Death combination- on Green day- which means either I pull out my Gard’s team (which has only 2 Green troops, and hoses me on points), or I lose the match outright.

In addition- should you lose ANY match going in to the above team, you’re instantly disqualified from the final, 750-base point match. That 8820 becomes 4410, hurting your guild. It also hurts your chance of being #1 in the Guild Wars rankings. (As we have yet to receive any rewards from a completed GW event, and the GW Rewards board has a 1, 2, 3, 4-6, 7-9, etc., just like the PvP leaderboards do, I’m assuming that you’ve instantly disqualified yourself into oblivion.) Mind you- I’ve gone 23-2 this week within Guild Wars. I do not expect to be within the top 100 as a result, which means I’m probably only going to get 9 to 12 Myzmers.

As such- this has a much higher risk/reward ratio than PvP. If you have a bad match there, you shake it off and move on. Prior to this week, I was winning at a 95%+ ratio in PvP, and I was able to complete 20 to 25 matches per hour.

Within Guild Wars, in order to get the full color bonus, your team is gimped- and I find myself taking an hour to get the five matches done, because I’m sitting there and trying to shake off the “omg omg I almost lost ONE troop because I didn’t scan all 64 gems on the board, and they almost got me.”

In addition, the time you take to test the troops you’re about to go into battle with the next day cuts down on the enjoyment factor, and brings about much more of a “work” feel.

Now, our statues give us a 80% bonus. My 23-2 will be a better score than someone who has a 60% statue bonus (for example), even if they went 25-0. So, this is also less about how you did in Guild Wars, and more about what Guild you’re currently in. Anonymous has 11 members who have gone 25-0 so far this week; there’s the top 10 plus as far as rewards. I will assume the same for the top 10 guilds- that Intrim, Match Masters, Vn4ever, Marthos Guardians, etc. al., also will have people with perfect records and full statue bonuses.

I’m not about to say “Guild Wars is Broken”. I’m saying that there’s probably things that the developers did not think thoroughly through, give-and-take, when generating this new sub-genre within the game.

– Tranimo

4 Likes

This is a very cool idea!!! I would love to see something like this. I putting out the call:
Deck builders Unite! :wink:

1 Like

No hard numbers yet.
Note: Bold emphasis is mine.

So I think in theory you could get even a whole bracket moving if the bracket above them didn’t do much in the ways of GW and all scored lower than the bracket below them. The suggestion SEEMS to be that the score is the determinant.

2 Likes

This user gets it. This is exactly how I feel.

+100000000000000000 points to you

2 Likes

Just to point out, the fact that members can’t join GWs if they join on the Monday is currently a bug, and should be fixed by next week. So you should be able to do kicking and recruiting on Mondays.

1 Like

@Mgla what guild are you in?

1 Like