GW every 3rd weeks what do you think about that?

GW every 3rd week instead of every week? I’d be like:

As someone who likes GW and naturally competitive, I think I’ll miss GW weekly. Especially for an end gamer like me, there’s really not much in game to do. But we’ll see. I’m looking forward to see new feature like Raid Boss. I hope it will be awesome. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What im trying to say is the raid boss is cool but you will need to invest much more time then gw and you will need to communicate more with your guild

Example you need to kill one boss
But you need 10 person to kill it so the 10 persons need to be ready at the same time cause usually you got a timer to finish the boss

So what you are saying is that you don’t want to lose anything even if it something would make things better for the majority of the other players?
I’m very glad I’m not in a bracket 1 guild then if all players there think as egoistically as that. Thankfully, I don’t believe that and thankfully, the majority of people and not the top 50 will likely bring more income to the devs so that their gaming schedule will be what matters.

Imagine Raid will give the same rewards as GW. That means every guild would have a chance on 1500 gems a week. Lower bracket guilds are not full of lower-leveled players, you know? I’m bracket 3, making 125 gems a week from GW and most people in my guild are around level 1000 with most mythics. Same was my former guild, bracket 7. I am very certain that a lot of guilds make equally good raid rewards because of that. More equality in the game - again, just one scenario, we don’t know what will happen - is good.

It was already confirmed it is not like that.

1 Like

They nerfed guild tasks and gave less gems. Do you really think they’re going to hand out far more gems than we got from those tasks to every guild? Just not realistic.

3 Likes

Well im pretty sure everyone in the guild will win same rewards but not every guild will be able to finish the same number of boss so like it or not i really doubt every guild will be able to win 1500 gems

It’s interesting to see how they change the bracket system after this. Currently it takes a year or more to rise to bracket 1 from scratch. If they don’t do any changes, it will be 3 years.

2 Likes

Okay, you’re likely right. But it would still create equality and you’d just complain because you’re right now in the upper 1%.

Let me make up a completely random scenario:
Let’s imagine raid is like GW, everyone has 5 attempts to fight a guild boss. If they win, the boss respawns in a harder version. If they lose, the damage done carries over into the next attempt. Each defeated boss gives more points - basically like in GW. At the end of the week, after six boss-days, the scores of everyone in the guild get counted together and you get rewards based on that.

Let’s say max reward is 600 gems.
In GW, 30 people get 1500 gems, 30 get 1000, the rest of the playerbase gets 500 or far, far less.
Seeing how even in bracket 7 most players are having all mythics, let’s assume the top 5 brackets are able to get max raid rewards. That means a lot of people gain more than GW gives them, just the top 60 players earn less.

That is, considering how many guilds and therefore players, there are, quite a bit of more equality.

Just like in history, where nobility owning a lot and the lower classes rebelling one day because they were the masses, but had far less, were unhappy about it.
Equality equals less complains to the devs. That I am certain of.

…But of course, it might just be totally different, where the top guy from each guild gets a million gems and the one with the lowest scores and the fewest mythics gets barely anything and I might hate it.
I don’t know yet.
But I sure would be willing to sacrifice even half of my 125 gems if I’d know that everyone else would get 63 and not just 25 or whatever the low-bracket guilds get.

3 Likes

Without knowing enough about the new modes it seems like a strange decision, strange to keep completely changing the identity of the game.

Less resources/competition/end game players, more new players/money.

2 Likes

It too early for this.

You are assuming the other events will have absolutely zero rewards, Or every player in your guild will not play the other modes a single time. I doubt both are going to occur.

Lets see what’s actually planned first…

1 Like

pro: variety is nice
pro: less stressful to perform well daily

uncertain: could be fun or … not
uncertain: could be equally rewarding as GW (or it could be better/worse)

con: GW was reliable fun (to some)
con: Devs have made it sound like a time sink mode from the minimal descriptions of it.

2 Likes

GW is basically the only thing i still do in the game these days, so this change might kill the game for me.

4 Likes

Any alternative to daily Guild Wars week in week out is absolutely fine by me. I am very happy to hear about this prospective change and can’t wait to see what the devs come up with. :grinning::+1:

6 Likes

Can you fix the broken content prior to releasing new content please?

1 Like

GW is not fun in B1 and basically, you have to face the same OP (i.e. coin toss) defense teams week after week. Or it’s a peanuts defense team and it’s super easy. In both cases, not so fun.

This game really needs something new (X patchs for the new UI didn’t help…), and new game modes are what I was waiting for. Now, I just hope it will not be another variant of PVP like GW is…

3 Likes

I love the idea. Guild Wars is what made me leave my guild to begin with and then ultimately the game for a few months.
It’s the sole reason I am not in a “top” guild.

With it being cut down to once every three weeks I can enjoy this game much more.

Guild Wars more or less ruined the game for me when it was released.

10 Likes

I’ve been in bracket 1 (xbox) since gw began, and for me(as others have said), it is the competitive nature of the mode that keeps me coming back, and not the rewards. It may be that as I’m used to the rewards now I don’t notice so much, but will soon miss them if I’m not getting them any more.

I would have thought 1st and 3rd week of the month would have been better, if they were going to reduce gw at all. I personally would have preferred every week still, although I could have done with the week off during christmas (having to play christmas day was not great lol).

I will await to see what it’s like before making my find up, but the dungeon has to provide a decent challenge, otherwise it will become a laborious grind like treasure maps. The current dungeon is pointless for high level players, as even the hard boss has very little chance of even killing 1 of my troops.

1 Like

Lots of players are going to be upset. Some people are very happy with what’s here and don’t want it to change at all. This is natural: big game changes in any game are rarely met with arms wide open.

I have a feeling more players are going to really like it. I could be wrong. I’m sure we’ll let them know after.

I’m trying not to get too excited/angry right now because it’s not even here. I can’t easily criticize a thing I haven’t seen.

2 Likes

Since when has that ever stopped anyone?

4 Likes

Guilty as charged, but I’m trying to show restraint!

More appropriately, I’m lazy. I like to write essays about the things that concern me. I don’t know enough about the new changes to write an essay. I get pretty cheesed off if I spend 2 hours on a topic then find out 90% of what I wrote isn’t even correct.

2 Likes

I would like to see the new content before we get our the pitch forks, I hope it is brings on a more equal approach in the rewards system.

Guild wars really made it too competitive and took the fun out of the game. Too much needed imo. I’m glad it is reduced. Put too much stress in the game. Of course the top guild players are upset, that’s a huge chunk the same guilds get weekly. PS4 here. Still fun to play but less often should be a nice break. To Mix it up a little bit.

I hope they get this all worked out and make gems of war fun for everyone again.

5 Likes