Guildmate got banned mistakenly?

Hmmm I don’t know then. I’m not sure if it hurts if I post the devs’ response here :sweat_smile:

Pretty much this.

The more the community knows, the better.

It may or may not hurt to do so it is always at their discretion as to what measures if any they take when community guidelines are broken. Just know my warning you of such is only meant to help avoid you getting yourself in trouble in an attempt to help your friend and it is a clear violation of the community guidelines as posted above the part about posting PMs.

The consequences could be as little as nothing to as much as a permanent ban and only the devs will know what if any action they take so if you feel the risk is worth the reward that is always your call as an individual to make.

For the curious, the article considers these hacking/cheating:

• Speed or acceleration software
  • Editing game files
  • Bot trainers, automatic bots
  • Macros, scripts
  • Keyboard or mouse hot keys
  • Custom controller mappings for special controller buttons outside of the standard controller button functions
  • Plus any other modification to the game or gameplay that is not available as part of the default game

( https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000348076-Hacking-or-cheating-in-Gems-of-War )

For what it’s worth, I agree with their decision to suspend / ban the account in question. But I think this is getting close to ‘call out’ territory now.

3 Likes

I have deleted a post where a support ticket was shared showing a player’s private details.

As per community guidelines, do not share tickets from support agents here please.

I encourage you to contact support directly and privately if you wish to discuss a ban, but more importantly, if the BANNED player has questions I encourage them to contact support directly to have their questions answered and then if you have questions, you can ask that player directly and they can share what they want about the situation.

IP2 staff will never discuss the contents of a ticket with another user because we value all our players’ privacy highly.

I will leave this topic open as long as no more private conversations or private details are shared here. If they are shared again I will have to lock this post as sharing private information is very serious.

In regards to the topic of players having accounts banned and unbanned etc.:

• Account bans are only performed on accounts where cheating has occured.

• Account sharing is not cheating, although we do not encourage hot seating. If you believe you’ve been banned for account sharing, most likely one of the people sharing the account was actually cheating, and it has nothing to do with the account sharing itself.

• An account may be unbanned in the case, the player has never cheated before, the cheating wasn’t severe and the team member reviewing the case believes there is sufficient reasons the player has learned their lesson and will not cheat again. These reasons rarely have anything to do with anything the appealing player says to us, you can’t sweet talk your way out of a ban.

• Most accounts that are banned for cheating are not unbanned - ever.

• If an account was banned for cheating once, unbanned and then cheats again - they will be permanently banned.

• There is no compensation to players or Guilds for bans, unless the Guild Leader reported their own member for cheating before a ban and we saw the report after the ban was made already (but if the player was reported after the ban was made, still no compensation).

• We have auto hack detection in addition to every ban going past at least 2 staff members, as well as strict banning guidelines AND if there is any doubt as to whether someone is cheating or not - we don’t ban, to avoid any issues.

Hopefully this helps clear some things up.

17 Likes

As others have mentioned, GoW anticheat has almost never been wrong in my experience on the forums. I can’t remember a case where it was (though there may have been).

How did you know? Are you doing QA for them in real life?

Thanks Kafka for explanation re:cheating. Though I can also see that using unbranded gadgets made in China can be categorized as “unfair advantage”. The ban is for the “unfair advantage”, but people continue to explain about cheating.

Thanks for the explanation
For your last point:

I understand it by “If the auto-detection thinks someone cheats, and both two reviewers also think it is cheating, then the player will get banned”. I wonder what if both anti-cheat and manual review go wrong. Otherwise, the bans will be 100% accurate

FYI, let me use @Saltypatra’s explanation in a related topic

“quite rare” = banning someone by mistake is rare, but it happens. Do I understand correctly?

yes it happens

Of course, they can be wrong too.

I think the general law in life is to never say never about anything.

Since we implemented all those factors though, we haven’t had to unban anyone due to a mistake:

We have auto hack detection in addition to every ban going past at least 2 staff members, as well as strict banning guidelines AND if there is any doubt as to whether someone is cheating or not - we don’t ban

3 Likes

I’m a little confused here. This player was banned and then unbanned. So based on your earlier explanation, it is either: A) Dev banned her by mistake and had to un-ban her due to mistake, or B) she cheated but Dev think 20k trophies a week wasn’t severe cheating. There doesn’t seem to be another way to interpret it.

@Lily there could be any number of reasons factoring into this.
Just because 20K trophies were earnt in a week doesn’t mean they were all gotten through cheating for example. I cannot discuss any individual cases, and we don’t detail cheating at all as we don’t want anyone trying to game the system more than they already are by cheating at all.

2 Likes

can we get the ‘‘explanation’’ of what is a ‘‘unfair advantage’’ cause this just sound a like a way of saying i dont give an f im just doing my job and give give you an answer or show you the proof

1 Like

I thought Kafka was pretty clear that they do not go into details about instances that happened both for privacy concerns and to avoid people gaming the system. If people know the exact details it only makes it easier to avoid detection measures or gain an edge in other ways. They do not have to give any answers or show proof on the subject. I guess they have measures in place and they are pretty confident if you trigger one and end up with a temporary or permanent ban it was rightfully earned but that’s about all they probably should or will ever tell us.

6 Likes

If you have 4 hoard mimic troops and put that as your Def can you get banned for showing off. Asking for a friend. :joy::joy::joy:

you clearly didnt read the conversation

even if its gem of war their a summited to nintendo rules wich is to be fair to everyone and i think its normal for us to know to know what an ‘‘unfair adventage’’
its just a bourgeois way to say cheeter or its really an unfair afventage so what is the definition ? you played too much, you had alt account and sended gems with curse gnomes to your main account ?