Guild members problem with statistics

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened? A member of my guild is being marked as inactive in last 4 days, but he has donated 2000 gold couple hours ago. Also his gold contribution for this week is still 0 even though he donated.

What are the steps to make it happen again? I’ll skip this part.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post! I can provide screenshots of both donation and inactivity and 0 on gold contribution, but my internet is bad and it would take about an hour to upload those 3 pictures.

Is this a common problem and how can it be resolved? I would hate to kick someone for inactivity while player was active all the time.

Found another team member who donated in last couple of hours, but his donations says 0, and he is also marked as being inactive for past 4 days. @nimhain @sirrian any reason this is happening?

Active is based on the last match the person partook in. It doesn’t account for logging in, contributing, and other non-combat actions. It only tracks when their last battle ended.

This part I knew, but the part that strikes me is that their donations are not updated. .
I know they would actually have to fight in PvP to be shown as active (many times I saw statistic showing I was not online for past couple of hours even though I logged every hour to collect tribute). My wondering is now mostly contribution related. I also wonder why isn’t activity being update with donations, not much logic that players hasn’t been online in 3-4-5 days but in activity log you can see couple of their donations in recent times. It’s called ACTIVITY log after all xD

The only problem with that is it would need a check for nearly everything: when someone logs in, when they collect a tribute, when they donate, and when they battle. It is easier to just track battles for activity. If you need to see if someone is an active contributor, just check their gold. It seems like you are proposing a lot of extra unneeded checks.

I’m skeptical to criticize anything with guilds atm, for the devs are working on expanding the guild system. After that, THEN we can tear it apart for what it lacks, needs, and all the people complaining P2W. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know guild system is being worked on for 1.1.0 (or is it 1.0.10?) and I’m eagerly waiting for more stuff added to guilds :slightly_smiling:
guild battles, fingers crossed
And marking someone active for logging in instead of marking them for doing a PvP battle seems more logical since anything you do, you do it after you log in (contribute, collect tribute, do quests or challenges, even PvP battle). It should mark you as active from the point you log in to the point you shut the game down, no individual marking active for different kinds of actions.
Sometimes a player doesn’t have time to PvP but hasn’t lost interest for the game and will keep playing in the future. He logs in to collect tributes or at least daily, and you should see he hasn’t erased the game (since he is active by logging in) and is still playing at least a little.

[quote=“Tacet, post:5, topic:2841”]
I’m skeptical to criticize anything with guilds atm, for the devs are working on expanding the guild system. After that, THEN we can tear it apart for what it lacks, needs, and all the people complaining P2W. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]On the contrary, since the devs are working on it now (or in the near future), it is the best time for us to tell them what we want and need from it, so they can take it into account. Once the update goes out, we are not likely to see another revision to guilds for quite a long time (except for bug fixes obviously, and even these can take awhile).

1 Like

[quote=“DonBoba, post:6, topic:2841”]
And marking someone active for logging in instead of marking them for doing a PvP battle seems more logical
[/quote]Just a correction: It doesn’t mark you active just for doing PVP, but any other battle as well, including Quests, Challenges, Arena, and even Treasure Hunt. if someone does not do any of these for days, I’m not sure if you would call that ‘playing’ even if they did log in for a second just to collect gold every day.

And I’m pretty sure in the past it was like you said - the login tab displayed time since login regardless of actually playing. Not sure why that changed, I guess it was requested by guild leaders or something like that.

I said criticize, not feedback. Of course we should be giving the devs our feedback now on what we want to happen with guilds, but critiquing current features of it won’t really move guilds forward. The entire system needs to be revamped.

You are very much correct, somehow I always thought it just triggers on PvP battles, don’t know why I thought that. Just testeted and yes it’s triggers even after doing a challenge. Thanks for clearing that part up :slightly_smiling:

Well I didn’t really mean to criticize, just to point out that a player who is donating every day is being marked as inactive for more then a few days and that his donations for the week aren’t increasing. That’s a bug that should be worked on probably so my post was more like a feedback or a bug report.

Before 1.0.3, it would show if someone was logged in. I distinctly remember it because it would say “Logged in right now!” for me in the guild roster.

I can’t understand why they changed it from that.

Less checks on the server is the main reason I can think of. That is kind of the whole argument I am making. Also, with all the people that only log on to take tribute and such, checking only battles would have less checks than log in + still logged in.

Hell, they could do even fewer server checks than they do at the moment by just updating once at login. Would solve a pretty big sore point for guild leaders at the same time.

1 Like

[quote=“Tacet, post:9, topic:2841”]
I said criticize, not feedback. Of course we should be giving the devs our feedback now on what we want to happen with guilds, but critiquing current features of it won’t really move guilds forward. The entire system needs to be revamped.
[/quote]I still disagree. Even with the revamped system, you have no way to know in advance what is going to change or stay the same. You may very well be stuck with a specific annoying behavior that was not changed because nobody bothered to complain about it since they thought it was going to change anyway.

Also, if whatever the complaint is about is something easily fixed without a major update, then it is best to complain now because there’s a chance it will be fixed right away rather than a waiting a few months for the update. And if it’s something that can’t be easily fixed, and it turns out unfixed in the major update because you didn’t complain, then you would have to wait for the next major update. So either way, it is clearly better to complain here and now, no matter what the issue is.

1 Like

I have the same problem: Gold spend is not updated even if they spend a lot gold.
And I have a problem with ‘last active’ too. Some players are rank 1, that means they must have played PvP, but still it shows inactive for 10+ days.

At the moment I check every stat (rank, gold, trophies, …) before I kick someone.

I do the same.

We had a similar problem in Aes Sedai last week. One player seemed inactive (last login 10 days or so ago) but we later found out that (through ingame chat) that he had been donating gold daily. But the stats were only updated after he fought a battle (which he hadn’t done for 10 days as he was really busy and was just donating his daily income to the guild).

This is because until they log in they retain the last rank they achieved. So that rank 1 person who hasn’t fought a battle in 10 days is rank 1 sort of. But they have not been playing battles, they just haven’t logged in to have their rank reset.

I usually beat my guild mates online after reset so I end up seeing everyone at rank 1 and me at 15. :smiley:

-Razlath