GOW Weekly Events!

I am loving the game, but only after a few weeks and being in top 50 PVP, I would love to see a number of weekly events run. They would give a bit of variety, and mean not only the best PVP’ers would win all the prizes. 1 or more events could be run every week. Either rotating them, or have them all up every week with different prizes. The kind of things I am talking about are Top 10/100/1000 in the following, with perhaps different prize tiers.

Fastest Match Completed
Least moves for a win
Least health remaining at the end of a PVP fight
Most Moves from a Treasure Map
Most Defences Won
Most Moves in a PVP match
Fastest Arena Completed
Most Arena’s Completed
Highest Win Streak
Highest overall damage from a single move
Highest overall damage from a single turn
Highest WIN Percentage
Most Troops Killed by your Hero
Most Burn Kills in the Week
Most Poison Kills in the Week
Most Explosion Kills in the Week (Skulls destroyed by Explosions)
Fastest to win 10 3 Trophy matches in a row
Fastest to win 10 2 Trophy matches in a row
Fastest to win 10 1 Trophy matches in a row
Most Deathmark Kills in a Week

There are lots of things to choose from, and changing it up every week would add to the longevity of the game. Also, These metrics would all be reset at the start of each week. I play trove and it has a similar event system - and it works really well. The problem with events that don’t reset every week is that eventually the same person wins it every week, or you only get a few at the top competing, and it freezes out new players.

Full weekly resets are the only way to keep it fresh.

Cheers

EDITING TO ADD IDEAS AS WE GO

2 Likes

Most Deathmark Kills in a Week :wink:

1 Like

That’s the Spirit !

Most Attackers Devoured in a week
Most Allies Devoured in a Week
Most 8 gem matches
Highest Gold Score in a Treasure Map
Most Treasure Maps Earned
Most Gold Donated to Guild
Most Trophies Earned
Most 3 trophy fights Won
Most 2 Trophy fights won
Most 1 Trophy Fights won

MORE MORE MORE !

1 Like

i hear this in the voice of pinkie pie from my little pony… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In the same vein as Tacet’s idea and the consoles tasks.

Most Troops Killed by your Hero
Most Burn Kills in the Week
Most Poison Kills in the Week
Most Explosion Kills in the Week (Skulls destroyed by Explosions)

These would also make fun future tasks if you replace ‘Most’ and ‘In a Week’ with just a straight amount.

Nice ones.

Just thought of

Fastest to win 10 3 Trophy matches in a row…
Fastest to win 10 2 Trophy matches in a row…
Fastest to win 10 1 Trophy matches in a row…

I play trove and it has a similar event system - and it works really well. The problem with events that don’t reset every week is that eventually the same person wins it every week, or you only get a few at the top competing, and it freezes out new players. Weekly reset events are the only way to keep it fresh.

Cheers

I want to see this so I can shake my head in desperation :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Desperation, Adoration or Disgust ?

Having these metrics available should also make it pretty obvious if anybody is using bots or a hack of some kind. A 1 second match would be a dead give-away.

I’m certain they already have these metrics internally.

1 Like

I am sure they have some of them, but would they really track how many level 3 matches in a row someone wins ? Probably not.

In any case, the more metrics they already have, the easier it would be to implement these events. Use the same graph and code as the pvp ladder, and it becomes even easier.