Goat Busters

Originally published at: Goat Busters – Gems of War

New Rare Troop: Sileni Guard The Sileni Guard will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Weapon: Radiant Jewel This week it will be available in both the Raid Boss shop, and…

Horns have an odd perspective as compared to the rest of the head.

1 Like

He never skips horn day.

Also – the weapon feels (at least superficially) pretty similar to the Wildfolk troop-type Glaive of Many Goats, with only one mana colour’s difference:

IMG_20200713_114957

(And yeah, I did stop upgrading it before the “Destroy 3 of one of the Gem colours I create before they can match” upgrade. :man_shrugging::stuck_out_tongue:)

5 Likes

Great point on the weapon similarity, if I counted right 19 of 25 pans vale troops are wildfolk

1 Like

Is that sunbird at this hands?? The axe resembles very accurate its spell… :upside_down_face:
Also would you think that we so much fire he would be immune to it… :man_shrugging:

Was it intentional that the raid troop this week is a repeat?

We just do not need another raid troop.

There’s only 1 reason to not continue with another round of raid troops, they are putting the brakes on kingdom progression.

Actually this rather looks like a cobbled together placeholder event to bridge the time till the 5.0 upgrade hits. Recycled event troop, recycled event portrait, recycled event emojis, recycled event title, too bad the shop price also got recycled instead of getting reduced a bit to accommodate for the lower value a lot of players are getting.

2 Likes

Weapon is identical bar one color? If they’re trying to surprise us at least make it a good surprise. Whether or not this thing surprises us is open to interpretation …

Pan’s Vale instead of Wildfolk is hardly a difference in this case given how much overlap there is.

On the bright side the new weapon has slightly better upgrades, or to
be more specific it doesn’t destroy/convert random gems .

I’ll take self-cleanse, 1 mana for everyone, and silence on the first enemy over destroy 3 random gems, 5 damage to the second enemy, and a leafstorm.

3 Likes

The two are not mutually exclusive.

If World Events continue to not give troops, weapons, etc… in the amounts we were seeing previously, then it’ll slow things down unless all kingdom powers above 20 are based on other criteria.

Good points. I think Radiant Jewel is a clear improvement over the Glaive of Goats as well. Makes me wonder how good it is on a Luna+Wild Queen team (with King Silenus).

It also uses Purple, which is the colour Sylvasi converts to – the only Wildfolk gem converter(?). Not saying I’d make that team, but still.

1 Like

I’d be very surprised if they change that, the troop level/trait task just fits too naturally as progression gate.

LOL I thought about Sylvasi too, as one of the only troops in the kingdom with skull reduction. Didn’t realize it synergized with the conversion as well.