Party Goat

Originally published at: Party Goat – Gems of War

New Raid Boss Troop: Caprinicus

Caprinicus the Capricious is a well-known Satyr from Pan’s Vale who traveled Krystara in his younger days, gathering lore, and whatever items weren’t tied down or closely guarded. Due to his sudden and violent mood-swings when confronted, he managed to escape with most of the loot, and all of the knowledge intact too.
In his retirement, his capricious nature has seen him pass each day either settling down to read one of the books he once “borrowed” (a rare skill for Satyrs - reading NOT borrowing), or yelling at the kids (literally… kids) to get off his lawn.
This week something else has “got on his goat”… Zuul’Goth has appeared in Pan’s Vale… and that’s something Caprinicus is NOT going to let pass!

Caprinicus will be available in the Raid Boss Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Rare Troop: Piper

Music is as much a way of life in Pan’s Vale as feasting, dancing, breathing, and climbing on tall objects for a better view.
As such, most young Satyrs are taught a variety of instruments. Only the most talented go on to become Pipers though, their tunes able to make the listener laugh, cry, or even recoil in pain!

The Piper will be available for 300 Glory in the Rewards tab of the Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Yasmine's Pride

One of Caprinicus’ treasures he “found” while in the Forest of Thorns was a magical Amulet, engraved with the symbols of Yasmine. Originally used by the Wood Elves to combat the Knights who would invade their homelands, it’s been great fun at wildfolk parties, where one simple command word, deftly spoken, will strip a target of its clothing!

This week it will be available in both the Raid Boss shop, and in the Soulforge.

Join the Forum!

11 Likes

Wow this weapon look cool

Nice, but no Pan’s Vale rework to go with it?

7 Likes

Came here to check this out, bummer.

I wish we got a few troop reworks like we did before. It would had made the events so much more interesting.

Yasmine really gets around it seems. Lol

3 Likes

Caprinicus: “Borrow” attack and convert into Magic gain is ok, i just wish he wouldn’t be a blue troop, we already have plenty of blue troops.

Piper: Long-tailed satyr? Unusual i guess. He also “borrows” something (armor) and converts into Magic. Paired with Arcane and considering he does true damage makes it a decent troop.

My guess is, all troops will “borrow” something from enemies. Can lead to some interesting designs if the devs would explore some combos like doubling effects of what is “borrowed” and what is gained.

3 Likes

So…any chance of sweetening the Tier VI pot with a few Mythic Ingots? Adding the Legendary Ingots had me happily purchasing to Tier V, which I have never done before.

1 Like

Hmm. Godslayer bumping its own magic isn’t baaad. I kind of like Piper, too.

But Godslayer getting a skull damage bonus is baaaad. I have a better chance of getting an arcane traitstone from the match than doing skull damage to Zuul’Goth.

3 Likes

New Troop: The Boomerang
15 Yellow/Brown
Spell: Boomerang When cast will trade places with a random enemy troop.
1st trait: Gain bonus mana from yellow gem matches
2nd trait: Will change 1 blue gem to a brown gem each turn
3rd trait: Will steal 1 armor from an enemy troop per turn.

New Troop: Eye of the Beholder
15 Red/Yellow mana
Spell: Elopement Will cause an enemy troop to elope with this troop (both troops leave the battle.)
1st trait: Gain bonus mana from Red gem matches
2nd trait: Will steal 5 mana or 1 magic point from an enemy troop per turn
3rd trait: 90% chance to summon a random Underworld troop when this troop leaves the battle

New Troop: Peter Pan
Pan’s Vale
20 Green/Brown/Yellow mana
Spell Pixieland When cast will change a random enemy into a lvl 1 pixie
1st trait: Will gain 1 attack every turn
2nd trait: Will gain 1 armor every turn
3rd trait: Will steal 5 mana, 1 magic, 1 armor, 1 attack, and 1 magic from a random enemy per turn.

What do everyone think?

2 Likes

Salty answered “nope” to this question. Sadly.

1 Like

35659942_2082575521981490_53084490108502016_n

I think you have a serious problem… I advice you to find more silly pictures to expand your repertory. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Please keep things on topic.

12 Likes

Hmmmm… no… unimpressed by this week’s batch of filler… I fully appreciate that (1) there needs to be some variance in troop power and (2) coming up with different good stuff week on week is a creativity challenge hard to sustain… but… we seem to run by a plan of three weeks of useless filler then throw something in with ludicrous powercreep to keep the gem sales high…

1 Like

Agree, these are definitly in the never used troop pile.
The weapon could see some play I guess.

i might give Divinia, Yao Guy, Tai Pan, Yasmines shield a go tonight, could be fun

Piper isn’t bad with the 10% bonus. I like that he steals armour before doing true damage so gets the magic gain even if he kills the troop. This, combined with arcane, actually makes his damage pretty high and comparable to a poor Jotnar cast (i.e. with no giants or barriers). I can see newer players liking him in quest teams.

He’s certainly a good troop to use this week for farming hero XP in casual PvP.

2 Likes

Nice troops and very good new weapon. Pan’s Vale rulez! :slight_smile:

Is this what you really meant?