Gnoma-a-Palooza Changes

@Saltypatra I hope the game will hold 1 CRAZY day of GAP again in the future. Looking forward to GoW birthday, 11th of November, to be a blast like yesterday.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll just leave this hereā€¦

And thisā€¦

This tooā€¦

@Saltypatra @Kafka @Jeto

Imagine if they done that like once a year or something it would be pretty amazing.

I didnā€™t realise they changed the name of it to ā€œGnoma-a-Paloozaā€ :confused: :laughing:

Kind of lame I did not get to play yesterday. Guild mates with 300 vault keys and 30 epic vault keys, 1000ā€™s of gems? Enough verses to make tons of gap.

I played a couple hours today. I got 0 verse and 1 regular vault key. Should I be happy?

Am I missing something or just the time to play all day every day and the luck to be on when the bugs are good for once?

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to start by saying your rng is not my rng and thats a thing. It really is. But I got 5 verses in about 15 min. I DO feel the mana gnome spawn in the GOP has been nerfed too far. Literally zero of them in GOP.

Iā€™m thinking someone flagged one of your posts? :eyes:

But what does this have to do with the gnome event? Like maybe you have a legitimate beef hereā€¦ but the gnome event thread, though?

PSā€¦ I donā€™t flag posts. bleh!

GAP event was a mistake, but nerfing it was even a bigger mistake. I shouldnā€™t be punished for not having time to exploit a bug (or others be rewarded).

Soā€¦ the person who plays more, logs in more, gets more information, progresses moreā€¦

anything wrong with that?

2 Likes

if itā€™s such a mistake you can skip it :slight_smile: and enjoy the game however you like

3 Likes

Kinda funny to think - What if this is all because someone just typoā€™d and left out a zero?

2 Likes

Good idea :bulb:

I wouldnā€™t have posted it here except for that it happened in this thread. Sorry for the derailment :confounded:

1 Like

I have 3 accounts on different platforms all above lvl 1300.
I missed a day, so take away all my gnomes. Good game plan.
If you play 7 days a week 365 days a year than good for you, but most people canā€™t.

1 Like

This also has nothing to do with any of the things you stated. This bug was only good for part of 1 day.
Someone who just started would have received more loot from just that day than someone who had missed it and played the whole weekend.
Could have played all day every day since the game started and the same thing would have happened to them.

2 Likes

GAP is the best idea ever! You can still get a decent amount of verses and do GAP.

2 Likes

It would be nice if the timer would be visible everywhere during the palooza.

8 Likes

If only they listened to feedback that surely would have told them that before it went live.

Please tell me someone said that. I canā€™t be the only one who would have thought that. (If they hadnā€™t 100% turned me off spending time doing that for them.)

2 Likes

Instead of going off at each other (and nobody did anything wrong: but it still is really disappointing for the people who didnā€™t get to farm 20+ verses each): the devs should have stopped the event IMMEDIATELY after it the looping potential became apparent. After all, it started a day early. Instead they let it go and created inequality between players. Thatā€™s what really stinks in my eyes.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what they did when Treasure Gnomes were first introduced. And they had a huge backlash over it. And during that event, there wasā€™nt a serious bug with AI getting double skull hits & double mana in virtually every game mode at the same time.
Can you imagine the frustration & resentment if the devs had done that this time? It would have been biblical.
Putting in a hotfix at the first reset they could was definitely the lesser of two evils.