Glory Should Be Used For Purchasing Troops

The problem isn’t the players that already have every card at mythic. The problem is that the closer players got to “completing” their collection, the faster they would get there, and it would be trivial for them to stay there. The current system makes it longer, slower, and more expensive the closer you get to completion, almost certainly by design. Like it or not, the system is intended to get players to the middle and keep them there, putting them on more even footing, and reducing the impact of when they started or how much they play. Those are still dominant factors, and people who started earlier and play more will always be ahead of those who play less, but it means new players have some chance to catch up.

2 Likes

This may be true at the moment but becomes less and less true the more cards the Devs add to the pool. As the pool increases, it becomes more and more likely that you will get unique cards over repeat cards; as such, new players will have more and more chances to have a large deck of unique cards (good) but less and less chance of getting enough duplicate cards to improve the cards they have (bad).

True this doesn’t matter much in the very early game before most players even have a chance to upgrade the cards they have, but by middle game, this will eventually be a big problem if the Devs don’t fix this system.

Again, what you’re seeing as a problem is most likely the goal of the system: get everyone to mid-game, so they always have something to chase, and they have choices to make based on their own collection, rather than simply following the meta. Different players will be able to ascend different troops to different rarities. The less you have, the more likely a drop is going to be valuable to you, and the more you have, the less likely a drop is valuable to you. Each new troop they release increases the value of chests for all players, and each troop you collect decreases the value of chests for you.

I don’t think the current state of the game is reflective of what they’re hoping to achieve, with so many players with lots of mythics in their collection collecting dust. Mythics, whether base or ascended, are supposed to be rare, not something you see in almost every PvP match. Having a mythic is supposed to be an advantage you can choose to build around, facing one is supposed to be a challenge, rather than the current state of affairs, where everything’s mythic and people just pick the “best” troops.

1 Like

Most imps haven’t even been released on xbox, I think only two have plus one that got accidentally leaked for a brief time.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer me but I disagree with almost everything you said in your latest response.

The less you have, the more likely a drop is going to be valuable to you, and the more you have, the less likely a drop is valuable to you. Each new troop they release increases the value of chests for all players, and each troop you collect decreases the value of chests for you.

This assumes each card is of equal value to all other cards and that is simply not the case.

I don’t think the current state of the game is reflective of what they’re hoping to achieve

That may or may not be true, but even if it is true, that doesn’t mean the devs will be able to achieve it. The devs plan lots of things, but not all of them turn out even the way they expect (see the old task system; see the new task system, see the new, new task system lol). The devs are only human after all. What I’m discussing is the math behind the system as it is currently in place and how that system (based on the math) will become more and more detrimental as the game progresses and more cards are continually added.

I don’t think the devs are interested in a game where even high-level players are struggling to get the majority of cards leveled up. Nothing they have done to this point indicates any desire to move in that direction. Even the Guardians, the most time-consuming cards to upgrade, only take a few months to get to Mythic (and that’s without spending any money to fast track them).

Nothing, aside from changing the guild task system to cap the number of resources you can get out of it each week. As one or two people have calculated, it’s enough to probably keep up, and get Mythics as they’re released, if you’re lucky. And then there’s moving new Legendary releases to event chests, rather than for glory. I think it’s clear that they want to move away from the top end being able to consistently mythic and trait troops as they’re released. They don’t want people hitting the ceiling, and still having piles of resources left over. They didn’t have enough troops before, and they grossly underestimated how much people would play, how much they’d put into the guild tasks. I don’t think players are ever intended to have it all.

I just realized the title kinda makes it sound like we can’t already buy troops for glory. We can buy troops for glory but only 1-3 and before their official release into the chest shops.Before someone implies i am an idiot I am in support of more troops being available for glory however it would open up a flood gate into pvp and make people feel they need to play pvp or maps in order to get some troops, especially epic and higher rarity.

Heavens forbid…